1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange Rate killing you?

May 14, 2016

1. Lol, maybe wait until after November before you make that decision :)

2. We have the same problem is Aus!! Bad enough that the exchange rate is disgusting but the shipping costs have skyrocketed in recent months....and the quality of service has dropped a lot :( I'm current'y trying to sell some dolls to raise funds and the shipping costs are putting off OS buyers:vein It's driving me nuts!! I'm already taking a loss on the price of the dolls, so having to subsidise shipping just rubs salt into the wound!! I won't be buying any more dolls until things change...and if things don't change then I'll make do with my current resin family.
      It also annoys me no-end that everything is sold in US$, no matter where the item is coming from. Sooooo frustrating that we don't have a BJD industry here in Aus to tap into!!

3. USD to PHP is definitely killing me. I can't spend more than $50 on my girls accessories without getting worried if I would still live until my next paycheck. *_*

4. My first doll, a cute limited, that I'm paying for on layaway, costs $120 more in AUD. I get almost exactly the amount I need to pay each month, so I'm worried that if the price fluctuates and the AUD drops, I'll have to cancel my order, and that I won't be refunded... and surely not in full.
      It's also making shopping for BJD accessories (clothes, eyes) add up more than they normally do, which just makes me afraid to even check the total of any cart I've added things to. You can normally expect to add about 200-300USD worth of items to your cart if you're trying to limit money spent on the shipping. It's a lovely hobby, but almost not worth it after a certain price point. It's just the stress and guilt of spending that much money on dolls is magnified. Especially if you're a student or you live in a poorer area...

Some gorgeous SD's I've admired and fullsets increase in price from 700USD to 910AUD, as well, making them that much more grail-like and frustrating to obtain. I don't think I'll ever have one, hahaha.
      It gets close to the customs threshold (1000AUD). I've heard terrifying stories about their cost, too.

5. Yes, paypal exchange rate is really awful especially in CZK...My doll was cost around 500USD and I paid about 15000 CZK, hovewer it might be 12000 CZK.

Since that time I try to convert krones in the bank.

6. I was happy when the British pound crashed against the US dollar. I paid $130 to get a doll and a bunch of her stuff shipped, and that was after the pound fell.

7. YES it is!

8. I hate how when I check currency exchange online it says one thing, but when I use paypal everything suddenly becomes a lot more expensive, even without the fee which we also have to pay on top of the expensive currency exchange.

Although I say I hate it, I have gotten fairly used to it by now and always add an extra $20-30 worth of Danish Crowns to the price as I know that is what PayPal does. Still, although it is like this, I do not wish to be without paypal. it is simply too practical.

9. Canadian dollar is doing even worse ;_; Just when I was about to buy a whole new set of supplies for my dolly......