1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Extras: do you have any when selling your doll?

Oct 6, 2011

1. Do you include extras when you sell you dolls? Or do you think It's just a waste of money?

Depends. I like to send out dolls with at least a pair of eyes and some kind of light-coloured underwear, if possible. I dunno, I just think it would be nice to the next owner to open a doll that has some kind of eyes and something covering the resin bits - maybe they won't have eyes or clothes for the doll for a little while, or maybe they'll have to open the box in front of other people, so the doll is at least a little bit more presentable. One time I also sent a doll with a wig and an outfit I made myself - he was the first doll I ever sold, and my first doll. He was also kind of an awkward size, so his outfit could really only fit him, and I didn't need it for any other doll. From my understanding, the new owner did have use for the outfit and the wig, so that worked out well. ^^

All of the extras I do include never have any bearing on the doll's price though. They're always included as freebies, which are also optional and I'll keep them if the buyer says that they don't need/want them. It does kind of bother me when, after I specifically say that all extras are optional and free in the sales thread, someone tries to message me and demand I sell the doll for lower "without the junk". Uh, read, please? My dolls are already competitively priced, usually some of the lowest marketplace prices, and all the extra items are inexpensive free gifts.

When you buy dolls with extras, what do you do with those extras?

I've never had a doll come in with a lot of extras. I had a couple of free wigs, set of pajamas, and the standard eyes. I keep them around while I have use, and then I either give them away or sell them for a small amount, since they were initially gifts. I like to keep my collection trim and free of extras I don't need, so if there's an item I don't have use for, it's gone.

Did you ever ask a seller not include the extras when you don't like/need them?

I haven't run into this situation yet. If there are a lot of extras that I feel do not compliment the planned doll character, and/or if it looks as if the seller IS trying to unload the stuff they can't sell by including it all with the doll and bumping up the price, I will ask if they would be willing to sell the doll without. I'd also ask the seller to keep the extras if, for example, I didn't need them and I felt that they were actually useful to the seller as well (for example, if I already had eyes and underwear for a character, and those two items - a nice pair of acrylic eyes and some underpants - were the extras in a sale, I'd offer the seller to keep them).

2. Lets see... I've never sold a doll, but I've bought one on the marketplace, and drooled after countless.
      I feel that dolls are so much more appealing with extras-- part of the problem with buying new dolls (especially like me and you're bringing an SD into an entirely MSD household) is that you also have to worry about clothes, wigs, eyes... If you get all that stuff with the doll, it makes it less hard to bring a doll home and a quicker process. So yes; I love extras.

3. Do you include extras when you sell you dolls ? Or do you think It's just a waste of money ?

It depends. If I am selling a LE I usually like to keep the full set together. If it is a doll I bought nude/bald originally I usually sell them the same way. If someone asks for extras like eyes I usually have a pair or two I can give up but that isnt always the case. I sold one tiny I never got faced up and I had no extra eyes in that size. I currently collect only SD/Yo girls. I like my girls to share clothes, shoes, wigs ect. I usually have a "color" wig for each girl, for example some girls only wear black wigs but I like to mix up their styles. Usually, my girls keep the same eyes. Most of the time I find them "their" special pair.

When you buy dolls with extras, what do you do with those extras ?

It depends on the extras. I always need eyes and I am a wig hoarder. I have almost 100 and no I dont like to give any up lol When I look for a doll if it is a LE I usually want the full set although if it is a really rare doll I will take what I can get. I had to piece my Suiseiseki together Head, then Body, then wig and I am still trying to find her outfit and shoes, so sometimes you have to take what you can get.
      If someone is adding extra's I do not want I either sell them later or save them for gifts. Someone always likes getting a present.

Did you ever ask a seller not include the extras when you don't like/need them ?

I have never had to because most dolls I buy are full sets or nude only. I would only tell them no thank you if it was shown added to the price. For example, the doll cost X dollars and with the clothes X more. Then I would say no thank you to the X more, if it was not my style. But again I have not had that issue yet. I have asked to purchase the extra's separately and that has been a great experience. I have gotten some great items, usually eyes and wigs that would have possibly went to someone who didnt or couldnt use them.

4. I bought several dolls used and with things, one with her original full set wig and eyes, one with her fullset outfit included and was very happy both of them came with those things even if they cost more more than the blank doll.

I sold a soom head and listed some free gifts someone could pick from. I did have things I didn't want but I don't think they were junk, just things that didn't work for my dolls or things I couldn't use. The buyer took a company made SD skirt that she was happy with and I was happy she was pleased. I think it helped the sale. I got it with a yosd doll I bought as a free gift and don't have any sd dolls so it wasn't doing anything for me.

5. I just sold my first doll yesterday. Had to work up a back story for it all to make peace with this. She didn't have any clothes yet :blush:

...so I am sending a tiny little doll that fits with her. I might not send clothing, but I will also send little surprises that won't be mentioned in the sales description.

6. Both the dolls I sold I gave clothing away with. I would package the doll nude so the new owner can check them over fully but I always put an outfit or two and shoes/underwear in with them as a surprise. It may well be because I know I'd never put them on another doll, or that clothing might not fit any others. I've also put extra eyes in before, sent to me as a gift, I knew I would never use them so I re-gifted. ;)

7. I have only sold one doll, and I included eyes with her. Not only did the seller request them, and I had no need for them, but besides that it felt weird to send an eyeless doll.

That being said, I love getting little extras with dolls. Both dolls I've bought - the sellers have included extras, and it was a nice surprise. However I wouldn't necessarily always want to buy the extras, and I understand when people don't want to buy extras I have to offer.

8. Do you include extras when you sell you dolls ? Or do you think It's just a waste of money?
      Never sold a doll but if I would I might put something extra that's not on price. Pair of eyes, wig, shoes maybe thought more propably I'd just and something as simple as candies and a small drawing.

Dephens on what they are and how usefull they'd be to me. I rather like to have at least eyes on a doll even if they are "until I get the right ones for the doll" king of eyes :sweat
      If I don't need the extras I most propably would just sell them forward or put in storage somewhere (and they'd never be found again :XD: )

Did you ever ask a seller not include the extras when you don't like/need them ?
      Haven't done yet but I have bought only one doll not on company. If it's lot of extras that pull the price up lot and I know I would not use I most propably would ask for that :|

9. Do you include extras when you sell you dolls ? Or do you think It's just a waste of money ?
      When I sell dolls I would usually include a cheaper pair of eyes ,a wig and some clothes I don`t need , but all of this just so the doll doesn`t have to be eyeless/wigless/naked when it arrives to the new owner . The extras I include usually don`t influence the price I`m listing the doll for .
      I also usually throw in some cute stuff, like hair clips or small stufed animals , because I think it`s a nice surprise.

I love love love buying dolls that come with extras ! And I really don`t mind paying more if a doll came with nice extras , because I have dolls of all styles and sizes , so I can finde use for anything .
      When browsing a sale thread of a doll I`d like to buy , I allways look at what it comes with first . I`m alot more likely to buy a doll if it came with a wig and eyes at least , and I don`t mind paying more for those.
      Nope , because like I said I can always finde anything a use.

10. I would include extras if I'd bought them specifically for that doll and can't use them on any other, or things I got that I know I'm not going to use/need. I know that sounds bad, but I'd rather send things on to someone else who might want them then keep them around cluttering up my space. I certainly wouldn't include their cost in the price though- to me, that utterly defeats the point of them being "extra" unless it's specified as part of a fullset. In cases like that, then I understand the additional price increase since the seller is getting a doll just as it came, but anything I toss in the box is just to be nice and pass things on in the hopes that they'll be useful.

I do like getting extras with dolls I buy, but rarely do they actually prove useable in my case (heh- I'm pretty sure it's the same for people who get extras from me!) but I still like getting them because it's a nice surprise, and you can always sell things that don't work for you.

11. Do you include extras when you sell you dolls ? Or do you think It's just a waste of money ?
      I've never sold a doll (and I don't think I will anytime soon) but if I was selling a doll I would definitely include at the very least eyes and a wig and probably some basic light colored clothes, I would feel bad selling an eye-less, wig-less, clothes-less doll especially to someone new to the hobby who probably doesn't have that stuff for their doll yet. No, I don't think it's a waste of money, it's a nice gesture.

Again, I've never bought a doll with extras, but if I did I would probably use them at least until I could get that doll some other eyes/wig/clothes.

No, but I've never been in the situation to do so. If I didn't like/need the extras but they were free then I wouldn't ask the seller not include them because I could always trade/give away/sell those extras later.

12. I always try to include something with the doll when I sell it, because I know I like finding pleasant surprises thrown in with the things I buy and love making others' lives more fun in that way. Even if it's something you're not really planning on using, it's nice to find something interesting and unexpected tucked in with the doll!

When I get extras, I try to see if they suit anyone. If not I put them to the side because I don't know if I might get a doll in the future that those items are perfect for. This is also why I never refuse extras--because they're nice to have, just in case.

13. Do you include extras when you sell you dolls ? Or do you think It's just a waste of money ?
      I've never sold a doll but both of my tiny and the tiny I'm waiting for had extras included for little to no extra cost for me. I was actually very happy to recieve extras with the tinies because I've never owned that size before, so they wouldn't have had clothes waiting for them. The extras with one of the tinies were exactly what I was planning on buying, so it helped me decide to buy that doll from the Marketplace. The other tiny wasn't bought for a pre-existing character, so the extras are helping me to figure out his character.

So far I've used or plan to use all the extras with the doll that came with them. If the extras suited my other dolls, then I would use them there. But if the extras didn't suit my dolls then I would sell them or maybe keep them for a future doll.

Did you ever ask a seller not include the extras when you don't like/need them
      If I was buying for a pre-existing character and the extras didn't suit any of my other dolls, I would probably ask the seller if they were willing to not include extras and lower the cost a little. What I have seen some seller do is have the basic listing include extras but then list what the doll without extras will cost.

14. I've included extras with a couple of the dolls that I've sold- either things that don't fit any of my others, or things that are only for the doll that I had. I also try to send eyes with the ones who have a head with them xD

I recently sent a cute lil outfit with a doll that I sold, because it's pretty neutral, and the pieces could realistically be used no matter what kind of character the doll was going to be. I always appreciate extras when I get them, but sometimes, they just aren't useful. xD

15. I've included extras with a couple of the dolls that I've sold- either things that don't fit any of my others, or things that are only for the doll that I had. I also try to send eyes with the ones who have a head with them xD

I recently sent a cute lil outfit with a doll that I sold, because it's pretty neutral, and the pieces could realistically be used no matter what kind of character the doll was going to be. I always appreciate extras when I get them, but sometimes, they just aren't useful. xD