1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Eyes that follow you?

Sep 17, 2010

1. i guess all doll eyes with the right position will follow around. thou i dont have a BJD but i own the smaller obitsu dolls.. with the right positioning. Their eyes will follow. I kinda like the eyes following around me all the time.. it seems like i got their attention in a way ><

2. I just discovered that my Souldoll Queena's eyes follow me! I think it's so cool. I was like, hey, I didn't put your eyes in sideways glancing! I haven't noticed any of my others doing this, and she's sitting next to quite a few right now.

3. Whenever I stare at my dolls, they also stare back at me
      when I look them in their eyes, they quickly replies at any angle, they are looking back at you too
      Kinda odd but I love it...hah! ^^

4. Funny that I found this thread, I keep my dolls in my bedroom so I can admire them. My husband don't mind me having dolls in our room at first but now that my doll numbers have grew that he has goes to the bathroom to change every time. He feel uncomfortable having so many eyes watch him change, I love that man!

5. I've actually been looking for a pair of follow-me eyes. I know it's a perspective trick and the dome needs to be really high and possibly cone shaped for the effect to really work, but I can't seem to find a really good pair with a high dome specifically made to emulate it. My Soom eyes have the effect to an extent, but not completely or in the exact way i want, I guess.

6. oooh man! I want one of those eyes!! :D I can get that effect (eyes that follow you) only with pictures, it would be cool to have my dolls' eyes following me around the room xD

BTW, it's funny how many people feel uncomfortable with something in their room that's always watching you. I used to feel that way when I was younger but now I'm used to it because all my room walls are covered with posters of rock bands where the guys are looking at you straight in the eye xD

7. Helllo,

Sometimes i have the feeling that the eyes of my dolls follow me around the room :O
      But maybe it is jut me

8. The effect is cool. I think I would pass on them for photos, though, since I dont always want the doll to stare at the camera. ^^

9. Sometimes my BJD doll looks at me like a real girl. It's so creepy, but I still like this mistery. This makes me believe she is a leaving thing:)

10. my boy's eyes follow me enough to creep the heck out of me (apologize for the language) :sweat
      one time i was watching TV and he was sitting on the bed , then i start to play my laptop while sitting down on the floor and behind the laptop is where he sat ~

after few minutes past i just got this feeling someone staring and glaring at me :sweat i even try to take a small peak behind my laptop just to check my boy ~

11. I have an Elfdoll Tiny Kai & one of the first things I noticed about her (besides her size!) was her eyes & how she was always looking at me! It's very noticeable in her photos--no matter what angle she is photographed from, her eyes are looking right into the camera. A friend of mine has an Elfdoll Tiny who does the same thing. Her eyes are stock as far as I know. I don't mind--it's not a creepy kind of "watching", I think it's quite endearing!

12. Thank you!!!!!

I was looking for a post like this. I bought a Angel of Dream (AOD) doll three years ago and her eyes follow you. It so funny because i can get her looking like she is pissed up just by the angle I take the picture. I recently switch her eyes to "normal" ones and they don't do it and I don't like it so I am going to read though this whole thread to find place for eyes that follow you ^_^

13. I guess that because of the reflection of the glasses, I even notices that the acrylic doesn't look like the eyeball is moving.

14. I have a few dolls that do this. 'Star's eyes are just cheap glass but they're high dome and they track like crazy. Cameron has fancier silicon eyes and they also track really well. I think it's a neat feature. I can see how it might freak someone out who didn't like dolls to begin with though!

15. Yup, I know at least one of my dolls has following eyes. She's a B&G fullset and they are just glass. I love the effect, because it is a little creepy and it makes them more lifelike.

16. It just really depends on eyes... I even prefer when they don't do this, 'cause you're not always comfortable being constantly watched... I don't like it when people stare at me, so since dolls are like little persons, they're not allowed to stare at me either. I switched to acrylic ones recently because of this. They're as beautiful as glass and in plus also cheaper.

17. "Optically correct" eyes are fun... if a little unnerving for people who already think dolls are creepy. :lol:

It's not just glass or urethane that can do it, either. The most pronounced pair I've had were high-end acrylics... a pair of 14mm yellow-gold colored Safrin(?) eyes. (I think that was the company name, anyway. I had them years ago.)

ETA: No... Looking at Safrin's web site, those don't look quite right. These were solid eyes, not hollow, and the iris part was obviously assembled as a distinct piece from the main body of the eye. They came in a black sliding box and the brand was very popular at the time (2007 or so-), but I seem to have completely spaced on who they were.

ETA 2, Electric Boogaloo... Found 'em! They were SoulDoll eyes.

[​IMG]

18. Some companies' eyes track very well! I've found out that my dessers eyes do it as well as the couple pairs of urethanes I have and I've heard that the Volks Zoukeimura glass eyes are remarkable in doing that too!