1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabric Friends & Dolls Company Review

Sep 24, 2011

1. * What did you order? I ordered a nude/default faceup Dreaming Doll Bobo
      * When did you order? I placed my order on February 18th, 2017
      * How was the communication? I did not need to reach out for anything but I received prompt order confirmation and shipping notification emails.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, I paid via PayPal with no issues.
      * How long did it take to ship? The doll was in stock so it shipped 3 days later on the 21st. I live in Northern Virginia and the store is located in Maryland so she arrived a day later on the 22nd. It's not a far drive at all so I really could've driven to the store very easily lol.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nope! The box was packaged very securely with plenty of bubble wrap.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? No problems at all so I can't speak to how a problem would've been handled.
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely! I'm planning to go check the store out sometime in the new future because it's so close.

2. * What did you order? I ordered a 5~6 Luts wig.
      * When did you order? 11/28/17
      * How was the communication? I did not need to contact them, but I received emails about my order confirmation and when my item shipped. So I would say it was great that they let me know!
      * How easy was it to pay? I used PayPal, so it was easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? They were able to ship the next day, and I chose USPS first class so the wig arrived today (12/2/17).
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nope!
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes! They have lots to offer and I hope to purchase from them again soon.

3. * What did you order? I ordered some in stock clothes for Bunny Nine dolls.
      * When did you order? 20/05/18
      * How was the communication? Really good communication. Always replied fast and politely.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy - I paid using PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? A couple of days or so - but we spend some time discussing shipping. It was shipped the same day shipping options were decided.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No, everything was packed very well.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? No problems at all.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would definitely consider it!

Overall I had a really positive experience ordering from this shop and would recommend it!

4. * What did you order?
      In stock Luts Tiny Delf Satyress (choco cookie)

* When did you order?

September 6th 2018

* How was the communication?

Good communication

* How easy was it to pay?

Easy! Paid through PayPal

* How long did it take to ship?

Shipped September 7th, arrived at my door September 10th

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?

Nope! Everything was perfect! I even got the extra horse tail which I wasn't expecting.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?

No problems!

* Would you order from this company again?

Sure!

5. * What did you order? Dearmine Piassco green tea skin (In stock)
      * When did you order? Feb 04, 2019
      * How was the communication? There was no need for any.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped the next day! Got it a few days later.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? None.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? There weren't any problems
      * Would you order from this company again? For make to order items, probably not. But for in stock items, yes!

6. * What did you order? 5StarDoll Nancy SR01
      * When did you order?
      3/12/2019
      Great. Received an order notice and shipping notice via email.
      Very easy. Used PayPal.
      Shipped the same day I ordered, and arrived on 3/15/2019
      Nope
      N/A
      Of course!

7. * What did you order?
      Angell Studio Lesser Snow Mermaid

* When did you order?

Communication was fast

Paid through paypal, but beware of extra fees such as a balloon charge? when you ship from east coast to California?

She shipped it the next day

When it arrived my doll arrived without it's original box.... and it was devastating, it was literally you open the shipping box and there was my doll with just paper and bubble wraps stuffed on top of it...i really wish she told me that it didn't have it's original box since this doll was quite expensive and as a collector the box was very important to me.... Now i know why she was so reluctant to take a picture of the doll for me before i bought her. Not to mention her hands were NOT carefully packaged...... it was twisted in absolutely weird directions...

I just emailed her about this will update if i get a reply

*UPDATED*

Here is her reply to me

"This is the box that Angell Studio shipped her in. She was packed very well in the styrofoam. That is why I didn't unwrap her for pictures. Angell Studio didn't make a box large enough for her. I sold another one of these mermaids to a customer and she didn't complain about an Angell Studio box. If you have a problem with a box, you need to talk with AS about it. I'm sure they will inform you that they didn't make a box for her. She was shipped exactly as you received her. Angell Studio packed this doll , not me. I shipped they way they sent her, since she came in perfect condition I was afraid to transfer her."

Here is my reply to her

"There is definitely a box specially made for the mermaid
      these are video proof:
      Sina Visitor System
      https://www.bilibili.com/video/av46973437/
      I personally feel that if you are an official dealer for Angell Studio, then you should be the one responsible for making sure you are receiving the products properly.
      The customer buying from you shouldn't be responsible for these mistakes. And if it's going to be shipped to the customer in such a condition you should've let me
      know or take a picture of how it's going to be shipped not that it's too fragile and you can't take a picture of it."

Iris replied saying she will contact Angell Studios to ask about this. Will update once i get a reply back.
      Iris replied back again saying that Angell Studio did ship her without her official box to make the shipping cost cheaper, but Iris told them that the box was important to me and so AS will be shipping a box directly to me.

Issue has been resolved!

At first it was a no, and then Iris helped me resolve my issue so i wouldn't mind ordering from her again.

These are images of the packaging that is came in with the shipping box -_- ... I'm so sad... and disappointed....
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#47 NoodIes, May 21, 2019
      Last edited: May 25, 2019
    8. * What did you order? 1/6 sized shirt, shorts, a wig cap, and wig.
      * When did you order? Spring 2019
      Got handy confirmation emails and didn't need to contact them for anything.
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple with paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Very quick- the next business day.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nope!
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? n/a
      Maybe. While the service was good I feel like their shipping prices are really high. I mail a lot of things and know that they definitely could have sent what I got for cheaper than what I was charged. I understand this is likely because they use flat rate boxes. If they had a specific doll or a lot of things I wanted in one purchase I would likely buy from them again though.

9. What did you order?
      I ordered one loongsoul siren Chris in normal French resin with a clear resin tail and faceup and one loongsoul siren Lotus in white skin blank
      When did you order?
      3/15/18
      How was the communication?
      Very fast and she was super nice and polite the entire time
      How easy was it to pay?
      Super easy! I did it through email and they just sent me reminders for approval and were even great about delayed payment
      How long did it take to ship?
      I picked the items up in store as it was only a 45min drive
      Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      N/a
      If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      N/a
      Would you order from this company again?
      Definitely! I actually plan on ordering another doll from them later this year

10. What did you order?
      Dearmine Benjamin ~Rain Drop fullset (in-stock doll)
      When did you order?
      10/29/19
      No issues.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, simple Paypal transaction.
      It arrived in 3 days.
      Nope, everything was packed perfectly mint in box.
      Yes.

11. What did you order?
      Tiny Delf Unicorn ver. - Fairy Forest (Bell Elf) (in-stock doll)
      When did you order?
      11/27/19
      No problem at all. She sent me a
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy through paypal
      The item was shipped on 11/12/19, I got the item 12/2/19
      None at all
      Yes

12. * What did you order?
      A Luts wig, nine9style shorts, and a Tree Design shirt.
      * When did you order?
      20th December 2019
      Not great. I was contacted to be told something was out of stock and that was it. I didn't get a reply to my reply, nor any indication my order had shipped.
      Easy with PayPal.
      A dayish.
      Not missing, but out of stock.
      Yes. The Tree Design shirt I ordered was out of stock even though it was in stock on their website. I was not given the option to get a partial refund, instead I was asked if I wouldn't mind the shirt being replaced with a Nine9style shirt of the same colour (for no extra charge). I had no idea what this new shirt even looked like and had to guess. After replying to the email I never received a reply, not even a notification my order had shipped out. I'm disappointed I wasn't offered a partial refund. That wasn't even an option given, just a replacement mystery shirt.
      Probably not. I'm saddened by this since I really want to give US based doll shops my business but I'm frustrated over the resolution I was offered. If I had gotten a refund I would have just ordered the shirt from Tree Design as I have enough credit there for free shipping, I was just trying to give business to a small shop. They should maybe keep their website updated a bit better.

13. I was going to order from Fabric Friends, but after asking some simple questions, I was greeted with very rude responses that (how I saw it) vagued I am stupid because I haven't been in this hobby for 20+ years. They were incredibly rude and left me feeling nothing short of angry. I will never purchase from them.

14. * What did you order?
      First order: Maskcat Doll Astrid limited fullset; Maskcat Doll Juni fullset
      Second order: Several limited Maskcat Doll + Hobby Horse collab outfits and two Dollheart dresses

* When did you order?
      First order September 17 2020, second order September 30 2020

Communication was excellent. Any questions I had were quickly answered and I got quick updates on my order and the issue I'll describe below.

Super easy via Paypal!

Everything I ordered was in stock and shipped literally the next day, it was brilliant.

My Maskcat Doll Juni arrived with two broken fingers on one hand. I contacted Maskcat Doll (per instructions on the doll's certificate) and they mailed a new set of hands to Fabric Friends & Dolls who very promptly sent them to me. All of my communication with Fabric Friends & Dolls over this issue was quick, polite and kind. We were informed when FF&D got the hands and as soon as they were shipped, and they arrived quickly and VERY well-packaged.

There were no issues with my second order whatsoever, it was a flawless transaction from start to finish.

See above. Everything worked out great!

Absolutely and I plan to!

15. * What did you order? I ordered a Honey Delf Pretzel, used for as a display doll in-store.
      * When did you order? I placed my order November 14th of this year.
      * How was the communication? The owner was very gracious and allowed me a few requests. I received prompt shipping notifications.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy through PayPal. It took a few days for the charge to clear because it was ordered on a weekend.
      * How long did it take to ship? The doll arrived on the 19th.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No. Everything was perfect.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? No problems at all.
      * Would you order from this company again? For sure! The owner, as I said, was very flexible and gracious; the shipping was quick; everything came properly packaged. Prices were a little high but consistent with the BJD community.

16. * What did you order? A ForMyDoll wig and a pair of pants

* When did you order? December 23 2020

* How was the communication? N/A, the only communication was an automatic payment confirmation and an email with the tracking number.

* How easy was it to pay? Easy via shopping cart/PayPal

* How long did it take to ship? 3 days

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order? None

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? No problems

I would definitely use this company to buy wigs by ForMyDoll and Beshine (Azone). Even with Fabric Friends' order minimum, buying from a US dealer was a huge savings versus international shipping from Korea or a proxy service from Japan.

17. * What did you order? 3 Luts LL (9-10) Wig caps, 2 Luts S (6-7) Wig caps, Souldoll P176 16mm eyes, and Crobi Doll Wig 9-10 CRWL-59 in Milky Blond
      * When did you order? I ordered on the 17th, was invoiced on the 18th
      * How was the communication? I received a confirmation e-mail on the 17tgh and then on the 18th I received an e-mail containing a shipping notice as well as a tracking number
      * How easy was it to pay? I paid through the website using Paypal so it was effortless
      * How long did it take to ship? She shipped the next day (March 18th) and due to our proximity it arrived today (March 19th)
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? While I have not put each wig cap on a doll's head I have inspected them and see no damage. All of the items I ordered are in the packages
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? No problems to note
      * Would you order from this company again? Of course, Fabric Friends and Dolls is my go-to dealer. Not only are they close, but I have never had an issue that they were not happy to resolve (usually it deals with the company making a mistake and them offering to fix it).

18. * What did you order? Pre-ordered an Myou Michelle
      * When did you order? September 15, 2020
      * How was the communication? I had to email to set up the pre-order. Communication was good, albeit a little slow.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, payed with PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Since it was a pre-order, it shipped out on January 15, 2021 (~4 months).
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No, everything arrived safely in the original box.
      * Would you order from this company again? For an in stock item, yes, but I'd prefer to do pre-orders elsewhere for simplicity's sake.

19. * What did you order?
      Ringdoll Miu fullset (in stock item)

* When did you order?
      October 2021

I didn't have any direct communication; I only placed my order through the website.

Very easy, paid through PayPal!

I placed my order on the third and received a tracking number on the fifth, and then the doll arrived on the seventh!

No, everything was good! Actually, it seems like this was initially ordered during Miu's new doll event release period, so she came with a bonus wig, eyes, and stand that weren't listed on FFD's site. It was a nice surprise!

N/A

Yeah, they have a lot of in stock items and shipping was fast, I liked it!

20. * What did you order?

> 1 x Aqueous Impress (Maskcat Doll - Outfits) = $95.00
      > 1 x Gold and White (Maskcat Doll - Outfits) = $125.00

* When did you order?

November 8 2021.

Great at first, until there was an issue.

I was able to pay easily through paypal.

The item was received on 11/12, with missing pieces.

yes

As soon as I got the order I sent her an email about the missing dress from the Aqueous Impress set.

3 weeks of back and forth I have gotten several responses.
      First I was told she would ask Maskcat, then I was told she didn't hear back but would ask again.

When I followed up a third time, I was told a customer could have put the dress in the wrong bin and she does take notes on her orders but she doesn't know what is missing (??).

She offered a $45 refund, but I still do not understand the back and forth. If she didn't know what was missing, why was she asking Maskcat without an image? But then apparently she did know what was missing, as she said she would look and see if it was placed in the wrong bin in the store.

Her last email to me was stating that I should have sent her an image of what I received, and that I only sent her a picture of the card which shows the full outfit. I originally told her what was missing, and she didn't have an issue with it... so I have no idea why this even went down. She offered me to either return the item to her at my cost, or a $45 refund. I accepted the refund, which she said she would send today.

She wrote back to me again and said that she has issues with shoplifting and it is old inventory so there is nothing she can do.

*Would you order from this company again?

Probably not, I am really disappointed in how this all went down.

Buyer be warned, if you are buying outfits, pieces could be missing. She said she cannot remember every package but does take notes though.