1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Chic Line clothing, shoe, and wig database - Useable vs. REALLY FITS

May 18, 2010

1. I have done some test with the littlefee shoes I own on my Soo.Most fit nicely but, it can give big foots.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Fairyland Ribbon Shoes
      The doll can stand on it own, but the foots are loose in the shoes, so it can easily fall.It better to wear it with sock.

[​IMG]
      Fairyland Macaron pink Slipper
      It perfectly fit and the doll can stand on it own.It similar as if the doll had no shoes

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Fairyland Basic Boots
      It perfectly fit and the doll stand on it own.The doll stand more safely with this boot than the other shoes i tried.Probably the best one.:)

[​IMG]
      Dollzone Sneaker
      Perfecty fit, the doll can stand on it's own, when her feets are not close to each others, otherwise the doll fall...:sweat

In the shoes I tried, the Basic Boots are the best one.If you want to wear LFT shoes i recommend them.The others can all stand but not without risk.:sweat

2. Oooh nice :D Can anyone maybe try some 8mm eyes in their dolls one day? Mostly for El. I'd like to see just how terrible it'd be *_*

3. It's funny, but 8mm eyes and 6mm eyes are a huge difference because they're so darn small. Not like 12 vs 14. Proportionately the difference is quite noticeable :(

4. IngieBee - you are so right about the huge difference in 8mm and 6mm eyes.

fossilangel is not the only one who is royally ticked off about FL’s not protecting the face of their Chic Line doll with a face guard. The bubble wrapping dislodged my Dark Soo’s eyelashes and I had no choice but to remove her eyes and redo her eyelashes.

I am quite competent at appling eyelashes; however, let me tell you this small of an eyelash for this small of an eye opening was a challenge deluxe.

Since I happened to have an 8mm pair of the Glib eyes in the same color as my Soo’s 6mm eyes, I took a picture of the two sizes together. Lighting is not perfect but you can at least see the difference.

[​IMG]

hyschara - 8mm Glib eyes will not fit in the eye wells of my Dark Soo. It would take quite a bit of reaming out of the eye wells to accommodate 8mm size of eyes.

5. I always find it to be the very devil to get the lighting just right to show the detail in black clothing and also have the detail of the face be perfect. I gave up and settled for the clothing detail so it would be clear which top and which skirt these pieces are from the separates line for the Ellowyne doll.

I am not positive but I think this is the same Ellowyne lace top that Dreamyraven mentioned as fitting her large bust Ino. It is a loose but quite acceptable fit for the small busted Soo. The skirt is a tad shorter on Chic Line than it is on Ello; however, I would make this length for this style of skirt, not to totally cover the footwear, for my Chic Line girl anyway.

[​IMG]

Two more pictures of LTF sleeping Ante playing grown up on the Chic Line body and wearing the Ellowyne “Multiple Tears” complete outfit.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Dreamyraven posted a comparison picture of her Ino boot and an Ello short boot that had a similar heel height. The boots from this Ello "Multiple Tears" outfit have taller boot shafts with the same heel height as Soo's FL boots. They fit the Chic Line feet and body with cutie legs and the body can "free stand" in them; however, I certainly would not leave the doll unattended standing in these boots. I am told that heel heights vary with the Ello footwear so one should not jump to the conclusion that ALL Ello footwear will work for these dolls.

[​IMG]

At the moment I cannot recall the name of this Clea Bella outfit blond bomb shell Soo is wearing here; it was always a favorite of mine because the pants did not fit skin tight and my “fashion dolls” could sit in them. The Chic Line body is definitely broad in the hips so pants from other doll lines might not fit as well as these pants do. Also note that the top is made from strech velvet and that thickness of fabric combined with the cross over front style does fill out her bust more and since the top is actually a body suit it is also filling out her hips more in width.

Soo is also wearing the shoes from that outfit. The Chic Line arched foot is a tad wider than the feet on most “fashion dolls” so it is not likely that all “fashion doll” shoes/boots are going to fit Chic Line.

This fur wig is a size 5-6 and definitely too large but it worked as a test of looks for frontal pictures only.

[​IMG]

I have been out of the “fashion doll” scene for so long all of my stuffs for them are buried in my doll room. This outfit was handy as I recently bought it for an upcoming gift giving. The hat is too big and the collar is way out of scale for the neck and shoulder area of this Chic Line body but it does give testimony that some Tyler clothing will be able to be used for this body.

The Lady Soo is wearing the complete outfit including the shoes from a Tonner Monica Merrill “It Girl”

6. IngieBee I am not sure about which shoes you are asking if they came with Soo.

Dark Soo full package came with the red boots we have already seen in owner pictures.

The black cuffed with partial front laces and zippers in the back boots pictured with the Ello "Multiple Tears" outfit being worn by Ante as a Chic teen are the boots that are part of that complete outfit.

The white with navy trim sling backs worn in the suited Soo picture are the shoes that comprise the complete Monica Merrill outfit and just happen to be wide enough and soft enough to mold to Soo's foot with a heel height that allows her to "free stand." This is a recent Tonner Tyler size outfit.

I have been told that Tyler shoes have changed in their shaping some in the last years. Sandals with the one piece base that were like the ones from the Ready to Wear Tyler dolls do not match the Chic Line arch shape and are too long at the back heel so look way off.

I have only begun to analyse the boot/shoe issue. A lot will depend on the arch shape and the heel height and especially the slant of the shaft for boots.

7. I can say that Monique 4-5 wigs fit well - or the one I got does, anyway, this is the "Marianne" wig:

[​IMG]

It's found on the Monique site in the general wig section, not the BJD part - worth exploring! It comes in many colors too. I kind of want to get it in red as well...

8. I agree with you about the fit of Monique wigs in 4-5 size as fitting the Chic Line.

And, I think red hair would be awesome on your girl too.

9. To begin my report on YOish size of shoes that are USEABLE for the Chic Line flat feet, I will give you a comparison shot of the ankle and foot from LTF and Chic Line. You will note that the Chic foot is longer, narrower, less thick, and Chic also has a much more slender ankle.

[​IMG]

My model for the next pictures is a LTF Ante sleepy face plate on the L connector head back on Dark Soo’s small bust body. The underwear being worn is from a Tonner Ready to Wear doll from the past. The top is some too wide in the shoulders and the panties are over wide in the crotch. This over wide in the crotch is another indicator that pants from the Tonner line might not fit as smoothly in the crotch area as one would desire.

Next is the fit of a pair of Volks brand YOsd shoes with a sock made to fit LTF and gaps at the ankle, and then again barefoot so you can see that YOsd are definitely wide for Chic Line flat feet.

[​IMG]

Next is a pair of Dollheart YOsd shoes and the same is true for the fit of these shoes as is the Volks YOsd selection.

[​IMG]

Next is one Dollheart Yosd boot and a FL LTF boot. I prefer the more compact and less bulky look of the Dollheart boots for my LTF over the FL boots.

[​IMG]

Next is an inexpensive oxford sold by the ebay seller 2debsadorables from her 10” Ann Estelle section, which many people use for their LTF dolls. They also are some wide but the length is good.

[​IMG]

Here is a loafer style tennis shoe also sold by the ebay seller 2debsadorables from her 10” Ann Estelle section and again used often by people for their LTF dolls. Wide again but good for length.

[​IMG]

10. passionasfashion : Thanks for the comparison shots on those shoes. They are very helpful.

morganatron : LOVE that wig on your Lishe. She is hot :drool

11. I agree Has one tryed teen trend shoes/clothes?

12. I'm so jealous of everyone that got their dolls already!! Mine just shipped two days ago and I can't wait to get her...>_< But I'm definitely enjoying all the photos and info everyone's posting! <3

Any idea what size wigs will fit these dolls? JpopDolls is having a sale on 6/7s but I have a feeling those might be too large... Someone posted that a Monique 4/5 fit well, do Moniques run small/large in comparison to other brands or are they pretty standard? I always have issues getting wigs for my dolls, I never know what size to buy...^^;;

13. I am waiting for the Basic Lishe (sans wig) to arrive.

Does anyone know of a similar dark brown, long wig that would be close to her default wig?

I just love her in that wig so much !!!

14. I'm glad the Yo-SD size shoes don't really look good on this new line of dolls, I'll stick to what I have here for now since I have tons of Tyler dolls with shoes and outfits to try on mine when she gets here. I hope Fairyland will have that brown wig for sale soon. I want that wig too for my Lishe.

15. It had been put forth that YOsd footwear was going to work for the Chic Line flat feet so I did my usual have to know tests.

Thanks aznbutterfly for telling me the information I posted was helpful.

Size 6-7 would cover her whole head and be a hood, LOL; 5-6 are way too big; 4-5 are the best fit that I know of presently for the Chic Line.

Monique are about as standard as standard gets. It has been my experience that there are always some variations in the sizing for different styles of wigs within any one manufacturer’s line up.

And the wig styles marketed by Monique that are made with synthetic mohair fiber are the best for drape and natural looks, IMO.

morganatron is absolutely correct about the fit of size 4-5 Monique “Marianne” style wig. I have it in the brown/black color. I also have other styles of Monique wigs in size 4-5 and they fit nicely too.

FYI, doll sellers, nine times out of ten, finesse the wigs in one way or another that are shown photographed on their dressed dolls.

From the owner pictures we have already seen of Ino and Rou, their wigs out of the package are not identical to the looks of the wigs on the dolls shown in FL pictures. The bangs on my Soo’s wig are not nearly as perfectly cut either.

The odds are, if you had bought the full set of Lishe, her wig out of the package could well not look as nifty as the look you LOVE on her so much anyway. The head band in the full set outfit is “taming’ her wig and you can get a better idea of what it might look like out of the package in the underwear outfit pictures.

Some people have proposed the Dollmore size 4-5 wigs as an alternative. Dollmore fashion doll heads are slightly larger than Chic Line and even in Dollmore’s pictures their wigs look some bulky on their own dolls. I do not feel I would be happy with the look of Dollmore 4-5 wigs on my Chic.

16. Homan, I've got a bit of input for stuff my dolly can wear.
      I got two Fwigs from DDE, one in 5G and one 4-5, both are too small to work with my Lishe's head.
      I had a pair of Yo-SD panties I got from MoC that look nice on her, and also a pair of Guppykisses leather-look leggings and a pair of leggings from another Etsy dealer my sister bought me that work out really nicely. One of my Guppykisses tops, though pretty loose, looked pretty cute too.
      I tried on my LTF fox parts on her too, the feet didn't work at all, but the hands, though loose, stayed put while I was wondering around with her. :aheartbea

17. Since the Chic Line was released, the burning question has been if Chic Line can wear the Tonner Tyler footwear and/or other brands of 16” fashion doll footwear.

The answer is Yes and No.

A lot of the fit issue depends on how tight the shoes fit on the doll they were made for to begin with, on whether they are assembled on a shoe base or more modern style made like human shoes, on whether the shoe uppers are made with “soft” or “stiff” materials, and if the item was made to fit with or without hosiery.

The more modern ones (shoes and boots) made for the Tonner Tyler line of dolls that I have here to try on Chic are an acceptable fit and Chic can “free stand” in the items with varying degrees of stability depending on the thickness of the heel portion of the item.

The following comparison shots of a Tonner Tyler foot and a Chic Line high heel foot should clarify the whys of how specific items could or could not fit Chic Line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This particular pair of sole base shoes from a Tonner basic doll’s lingerie set happens to work. Even on Tyler not all shoes made on this style of shoe base fit Tyler in the same way. It depends on the style of the uppers of the shoe as to what will work for the Chic Line females.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soo Jin is wearing the camisole from a Tonner basic doll lingerie set. The fit of Tonner lingerie items on Chic Line small bust body is very loose in the shoulders and bust. The back closer was pulled tighter and pinned for this photo session. Could be such items will fit differently on the Chic Line large bust females.

In the discussion thread, it was asked whether the Dollmore fashion doll shoes would fit the Chic. I replied there and the following are photos as proof of my statements.

[​IMG]

Caution: Please folks do not force your Chic Line feet into shoes when they will not slip on naturally, most especially if the shoe/boot uppers are made of stiff material. You certainly do not want to break off any lovely toes just because someone says a shoe/boot fits the Chic Line. Remember there are variations in every replicated item. The pair they have could fit but the pair you have might not fit.

[​IMG]

18. Thanks Passionasfashion! Say, do you happen to know how Ellowyne Wilde feet compared to Tonner? I bought some EW shoes hoping they would fit... so I'm wondering if there is a difference between the two feet (EW and TW)

19. Here is my Lishe in Dollmore FMD clothing. Looks great... but she can't sit down! The shorts are a wee bit too tight so she won't bend at the waist
      [​IMG]

20. Looks awesome! I got the other outfit with the skirt... Hope it fits here then! It's a tight look... :doh LOL. I can always put it on my TW, I guess??