1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Chic Line clothing, shoe, and wig database - Useable vs. REALLY FITS

May 18, 2010

1. Glad you like Chloe! Tulabelle is from another doll company - Integrity Toys - and the body is fairly different from the Tonner bodies, as far as fashion doll bodies can be different I guess (without going completely OT and going into the details)... I think the main visual difference is that Tulabelle seems slimmer in the shoulder/back area, which allows tops to fit better on C-Lines.

I hope it's ok to post this link since it's a comparison of OT dolls. But in this picture you can clearly see that Tulabelle has narrower shoulders and a smaller torso overall.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/alice_et_zombies/9090526345/in/photostream/ (Not my photo)

Really, really want to see photos! I'm a sucker for details and scale too!

2. A-ha!!! That makes much more sense -- I'd been thinking they were Tonner since so many other dolls are, and the retailers I've seen carrying her often separate their dolls by line, rather than manufacturer. I also have an admittedly terrible memory!! o_O

Now I'm curious how Tulabelle compares to FR16, since Fashion Royalty is another Integrity line (sadly, they haven't done much with FR16 yet -- they mostly focus on their original 12" lines, FR/FR2.)

Thanks for the info! Nice to know that Tulabelle is a potential source for jackets/tops! :)

-- A <3

3. I bought one FR16 doll thinking her fashion might work on Chic Line.. It was a miserable failure. Not a single piece worked... If I remember correctly, the top was out of scale - way too large, the skirt wouldn't go up the ample bottom of the chic line, and even the shoes wouldn't fit. I just about threw the whole thing across the room, what a waste of money. It's still sitting in the closet waiting for me to summon up the energy to put it on ebay...

The FR16 fit so badly it held me back from getting any of the 16" Poppy Parker Fashion Teen clothes to try, but I have heard that the Tulabelle body is supposed to be similar (or the same?) to the 16" Poppy body, so those might be worth trying too.

I think I do have to emphasize one more thing though, since I raved about how well Tulabelle clothes fit. They work REALLY well scale wise, but are *a little* bit tight and can be a struggle to put on. Still, if it works for photos it works for me!

4. Norahyah, where are you located at the moment? (Your location on your profile is, um, unrevealing.) I'm curious which FR16 outfit you bought -- I'm finding that things that don't quite work on C-Line often work on Shahti, and the other way around, because their proportions are just that tiny amount different.

I would LOVE to get a chance to try the outfit on Shahti and report back on the fit -- but if you aren't in the US, it's probably not worth back-and-forth postage.

What size bust does your Chloe have, btw? (Jackal has the smallest-size bust, which can affect the fit of clothing -- Shahti is bustier.)

-- A <3

5. Wish I was still in the U.S... Sigh. My husband got a job in China about a stone's throw away from North Korea, so we've been living here for about 3 years now, only get to go home once or twice a year. We'll be back middle of December for about 3 weeks though, and will probably be traveling a bit visiting friends and family. You won't happen to be in Vegas right after the New Year will you? Then we can have a Chic Line meet up! ^-^

Anyway, the FR16 fashion I tried out was from "Press Magnate Saskia," and even though I somehow accumulated 3 C-line girls, every single one of them has the large bust body. I feel like it's easier for them to share clothes this way!

6. Franklin Mint ftw. This is from the Gone with Wind series. Pretty damned good fit. The hat arrived green (eh?) but I painted it. The gloves I made. The shoes also fit, but she kept toppling in them as the heels arrived unstuck. They can be got back on again with a dab of glue. Definitely recommended, but not cheap.

[​IMG]

7. GORGEOUS!! *flail* Perfect fit!!!! She looks STUNNING!!

Sadly, no trips to Vegas in my immediate future, unless I win the lottery . . . but I'd love to, if some kind of awesome financial windfall comes my way! :)

-- A <3

8. MadamMauMau :Hi!The Black Lady.Very neat,and special, but a bit scary to me...but nice.

9. Please excuse this genuinely dreadful photo -- the lovely DHawkTX came by to visit the other day, and we didn't have much time -- but we did manage to get a couple of comparison photos of Bimong Shahti vs. ChicLine.

[​IMG]

One more here (dolly nudity -- btw, Shahti DOES have sculpted nipples, they're just very subtle . . . and, yes, I need to MSC and body-blush her), of Shahti with a C-Line . . . Nanuri, I think?

Please excuse the TERRIBLE photos -- I took these in a hurry, since Donna couldn't stay too long, and my hands aren't in great shape, so we don't have nude comparisons -- we'll try to get foot size, etc. done at a time when it's not just before Christmas and I'm not rushing to try to get the house ready for a houseguest!

Hope these are helpful -- our conclusions are that they can likely wear each other's clothes, that C-Line females are more petite than Shahti (who only has high-heeled feet -- a non-barefoot C-Line in heels would be taller -- you can see Jackal in the background for comparison, who is on a female C-Line body, wearing high-heeled feet and boots with a slight platform), and that their hands are comparable, but Shahti's head is larger and, specifically, wider.

Shahti doesn't look bad with a C-Line male (sorry, he doesn't have a face-up at the moment), but she does look out of scale with a C-Line female.

BTW, the C-Line girl is wearing an AvantGuards wig -- it's a tight fit (I use clear silicone rubber bands to help hold my wigs in place, Donna uses a bead of hot glue on the front and back of the headcap), but it does look good, and with a little styling, would look great!

Hope this is helpful!

-- A :aheartbea

10. I thought I would share my experience with my Chicline body and her (limited) wardrobe. She is the large bust, I think model legs.

She has a Franklin Mint dress- the flying blue velvet that is smashing on her:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

The fit overall: everything fits perfectly, except the white lace camisole. there is about 1.5 inches of gap in the back-horrid. Luckily, the jacket covers it well, but she looks a tad risque! The jewelry and details are impressive! The shoes DO fit, but they are snug, and it will be hard getting them off. I will cut a slit in the back in the future.

She also had the Franklin Mint Dianna blue velvet gown, stunning. Pardon the crappy cell pic!
      [​IMG]

The fit: like a freaking glove!! The shoes are huge boats, the jewelry is amazing!!

11. Jamieshow Wings shoes [​IMG]
      An good fit, even with stockings

12. *Raises hand*

Ok... I have stumbled through this thread. I am getting a CL Rou here soon and I am trying to figure things out. What scale is he on or is he a multi-scale doll? I understand he's a little smaller then a regular msd I think. When I go searching for things that may fit him or sewing patterns what should I look for?

13. I'll give you the quick and dirty of how I dress my boys. They are smaller than even a slim msd (unoa/narare/minifee) HOWEVER I have found that most pants made for slim mini GIRLS fit these boys very flatteringly. So check out places like TTYA, and anything sized for minifee or unoa girls (HDS, Mio, etc). For shirts I tend to use 1:6 action figure tops which will be a little short in the body, and the sleeves will be short, so don't go for anything long sleeved with the intention of it actually being long sleeved on the boys. I actually use my minifee/unoa boys outer shirts with success.

Shoes wise, Matt o'Neil by toner shoes will be a bit big, but fit. I actually have a pair of sneakers I found on ebay that are smaller than a typical Matt o'Neil that fit mine to a t. No idea where from or what they are. I haven't found another pair since.

14. THANK YOU! I barely have anything for my El and Ital. I will keep this in mind!

15. sistercuervo: oh, wow! :o

16. Hello , do you know some corset who fits on chicline girl ?

17. My Chic girls have been using Raouken corsets meant for MNF/Narae girls. They are quite nice on them, could be little smaller/delicate to be more in scale but nice anyway. I don't have any pictures atm, sorry about that.

18. Raouken does (did?) custom CLine corsets too.

[​IMG]

19. Oh she did? That's so beautiful and even better looking than MNF/Narae size. Such a gorgeous photo MadamMauMau!