1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland ChicLine 40cm Discussion Part 5

Sep 3, 2018

1. Hi, all! Long time since I've been up, let alone on this thread. But I'm trying to improve! Alex and El are gorgeous. (I've got to go back over earlier threads and check out everyone's kids.)

On personal front, have finally begun on Morgaine's real outfit (I've lived in fear for years now...she does NOT approve of her dress) and thot I'd share. I've started with the slacks and think I've come up with a really good fit. This is just a hand-basted mockup. The actual britches will be in a fine black leather. The narrow fit is necessary for going into high boots, but I think it's going to move pretty well without ...er... crack exposure. There will be a seam all the way down the back as opposed to darts, which helps it flex with her. And obviously, it'll have a waistband. Anyway, once I have an actual pattern, would you like it posted? And where would I do that?
      [​IMG]

2. Looking good @Vindalootoo - there's a patterns section under workshop where you could post. a nice idea. :3nodding:

3. Duh. Thanks!

4. They're looking great. ^__^

5. My craftroom is in mid remodel so I can't actually work on them for a bit more. Driving me crazy, now that I'm actually focused on it. Morgaine has been glaring at me for years. I made her a quick and dirty long dress when she first arrived and she's been swiping Vanye's clothes ever since. He ended up with two pair of pants...the first quick and dirty I made for him and the pair I made for a Project Runway outfit, so he could spare one, but she's disgusted with the fit. The whole outfit(s) are these:

Forgive the crap quality. I don't have anything showing the costumes on this computer and I'm too lazy to go to another. I had a copy of the graphic here (for pattern-making reference) so I held it with one hand and clicked the camera with the other. :D But at least they show the outfits...sort of. Morgaine on Siptah is the only frame in this volume that actually shows her clothes! Otherwise, they're covered either by the fancy overrobe or the fur cloak. :D

Funny thing is, I never imagined actually MAKING the things when I designed them...ARGH 35 years ago?!? The tunic doesn't actually have a visible opening. I'll probably make it front closure with an overlap...maybe not. Since she has a lawn shirt and mail under it, I've got to keep fabric at a minimum. Lacing...that would work...

6. @Vindalootoo The pants look great! Love the outfits you are going for!

My vampire hunter looking awesome:
      [​IMG]

7. OMG! Where'd you get that gorgeous jacket?!? Awesome indeed!

8. Question for all of you...I've got one of those head pieces that lets you put an LTF head on a chicline body. I want to make a tall Shiwoo elf cousin for Wiishu, but Vanye refuses to share his body (can't blame him.) I JUST MISSED (because I'm an idiot) getting a male CL body on the MP, and I'm not really sure I want to invest in a whole new doll should FL offer these lovely guys again. Esp not for something that will be essentially a setabout. So....with all the above in mind, is there any other BJD equivalent in size to the ChicLine? The quality isn't really that important, as I say, he'll be mainly a setabout, but the head attachment would need to be similar, I suppose.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

9. @redmaiko - I think the vampires would just gather around her, begging to be petted. gorgeous! :daisy

10. She looks fantastic @redmaiko <3
      I love the color contrast between the blue jacket and the red hair, and the purple eye shadow. It all works really well together.

11. @Vindalootoo The jacket is from Integrity Toys Tulabelle Coated in Glamour. Except for the zipper not working, it's a great jacket. Wish I could help with your question, but I will keep an eye out!

@petiteballerine @Lady Ravenswood Thank you both!:whee:

12. Heh heh...I've had the connector and the Shiwoo faceplate for, oh, four years. Had kind of forgotten about it until I found the sold body in the MP! :D Something'll show up.

I might have to look into the jacket! Morgaine might like to go modern while she waits for her chain mail....

13. Oh...It's a whole doll! And sold out. Guess I'll see if I can make one...It's a great coat. Tell me, does the left side (doll's left side) of the zipper go up into the shoulder seam? I'm really loving the crossover of the lapels for the asymetric zipper.

#73 Vindalootoo, Mar 4, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    14. I believe so (if I understand correctly). There are a few more photos of it in her album if that helps.

15. Oh, the embarrassment! Your photo above shows it clear as a bell! When I first saw it, I thought it was some kind of decorative stitching! So cool. I will NOT allow Morgaine to look at that album. Those red boots are wonderful.

16. Hi everyone! I need a bit of help. I have the lovely Ineffa Regina fullset in tan, sleeping face with fl face-up, extra feet and hands and also the trident. I am going to have to sell her but have no idea how to determine the price. I keep searching for info but maybe I'm not using the right words or something? Any help would be appreciated so I can get this beauty to someone who will finally take her out of the box and enjoy her and my vet can continue to send her kids to college!! Thank you and my best to all, Skylar

17. A good way to get some idea of her value is to go to the Sold Dolls subforum, here:
      https://denofangels.com/forums/sold-dolls-archive.115/

and search it for either 'Chicline' or 'Regina' - click on the little magnifying glass icon in the upper right, under the banner ad, and type in your word. That'll show you what other, similar dolls have sold for in the past!

18. Thank you so much!! I've been at it for days now. It is very nice of you to provide the link and I appreciate this very much. You rock!!

19. Wow, my computer has been broken, and I'm so behind, no time to catch up, but got notice of posts here and I wonder when this thread woke up? LOL Anyways :D....
      Those look fantastic! I really love the drawings/comics you posted, she's going to be amazing! So cool you're multi talented!

That really is a great jacket, I wonder if all the Integrity Toys Tulabelle clothes fit? Have you tried?

20. @IngieBee The only other Tulabelle clothing I have is the hot pink corset style top from Wicked and Divine. If I remember correctly, it wouldn't close in the back. I will have to try it out again tonight.

Tags: