1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland ChicLine 40cm Discussion Part 5

Sep 3, 2018

1. I thought that the MNF connector simply clicked over the top of the Chicline neck, once you removed the headback/head. As it's not a faceplate system (like adding a LTF head), then put the MNF head on as normal.

In fact, I found this photo on Flickr, which shows a neck connecter inside the neck hole of the MNF head, before clicking over the Chicline neck.

2. Ah, that makes sense! Interesting to see how they worked it all out.

Aw, reading that wiki blurb they had so many plans for chicline....sad that many of them fizzled before they could come about. Fantasy parts would have been fun to see. Oh well.

(Edit: Like body parts, I know they had cat faceplates. :3nodding:)

3. Raising this from the dead, lol. I just got a Chicline Lishe and though she has some clothes...what can she wear? Does Minifee items fit? Or should I look for other stuff?

4. Well, I no longer own any Chicline but jumping in to say that Minifee, generally, won't fit as they are a LOT smaller, more fashion doll size - unfortunately I've forgotten what fashion doll clothes fit precisely, you might have to go back through the threads, Tonner of some kind but I've forgotten which Tonner type of doll? Hopefully someone else knows!

5. I agree with Peppermint. The Chiclines can wear the smaller Tonner girl stuff, like Antoinette some Ellowyne. Here's one of my girls wearing Deju Vu by Tonner. Shoes fit, too.
      [​IMG]CHicline Ino by deb, on Flickr

6. Also, they can wear some Dollmore FMD clothes. But their legs are shorter :D Glad to see someone rezzing this thread from the dead :D I need to take some new pictures, but my boy Rou (is that his name?) needs a decent wig!!!

7. Ha, ha, my Rou needs a decent outfit (after all these years, sigh). Guess I should go back and re read the threads as I really should focus on my guy and get him dressed in something flattering.

8. Does anyone think that FL will re-release chicline dolls? I think they were a bit ahead of their time, but I think these dolls are gorgeous!

9. I sort of wish they’d rerelease them but in scale with the FID and Raccoondolls? Then we’d have a whole lot of fashion dolls in the same scale! I do feel they were ahead of their time, and maybe Fairyland gave up on them too quickly?

10. I thought Fairyland was willing to release Chicline as long as there were enough people to order them? If I recall correctly, they weren't selling well and because the molds are so expensive to make, they decided to stop. But if enough people (I know there was a number, but I don't recall how many) ordered one, then they would make them again in batches. I personally would love one or two more male bodies and a whole male doll, but not right now. I am hoarding way too many OT fgures and toys at the moment (still need to pay for a thousand different figures before the year ends, and still have plenty left until Summer of next year). So, I do want more, I just can't afford one right now. I love their size as they are, I prefer true-to-scale 1:6 action figures, so I wouldn't want larger Chiclines, but I guess if they did change the size I wouldn't need to get any. (:

11. I have two Chicline dolls and have given them both makeovers. I wanted to refresh them and get them away from lurking at the back of the display shelves. I love these little dolls and they have great little bodies and pose so well. I will post Lishe soon.

@Rynn007 I found that Tonner's Tyler Wentworth line often works but the Chicline girls have a shorter waistline so fitted things are not always perfect. My goal is to make mine some of their own clothing...one day ;)

Love your photo @sistercuervo :)

Here is Ino - freshly repainted today. I made her some eyeballs too as I really haven't got any eyes I have ever been happy with in this size. I want to paint her sleeping face plate too.

[​IMG]Fairyland Chicline Ino by LyanneNZ, on Flickr

12. Here is Ino's sleeping face plate. This has been waiting for years to be painted so I'm pleased to finally get it done this summer! :)

I'll post photos of Lishe soon but I think I need to make her some more eyeballs as she looks quite young with the ones I made (irises too large perhaps?)

[​IMG]Chicline Ino Sleeping Face by LyanneNZ, on Flickr

13. Large irises will make definitely make a doll look younger!

14. Sadly, Fairyland's new website does not include Chicline :pout: Cherish the dolls you have! They're even more special now. Hunting for a boy secondhand is going to be fun :lol:

[​IMG]

15. Oh that is so sad :( I was really hoping for more items for chicline.
      I wonder what made them "flop". Their bodies are so pretty and they look very realistic.

16. I think they were a bit early. T don;t think collectors weren't looking for smaller mature style dolls at that time. Now it is a popular size. They were also difficult to produce. I think they would be much more popular now! Maybe they will bring them back someday.

17. Yeah, it's sad. :( I think they were early too! I have been seeing more and more dolls in this size lately. They have them all listed under Info> Doll Archive. So I am still crossing my fingers! I still adore my Chiclines.:aheartbea I photographed Alex recently in his "Howl" coat. :)
      [​IMG]Grandeur by Tineke, on Flickr

18. Oh, it's so nice seeing a new photo @redmaiko , he's gorgeous!

19. The Chicline was definitely ahead of its time :huh?: I would hope now that mature minis are more popular, FL would consider bringing them back. But, given they're discontinuing some of their MNF as well, the breadwinner of the company, I'm guessing not.

@redmaiko He looks so good :love That jacket is to die for. Did the seamstress make a custom size for you?

Tags: