1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland "Chocolate Skin" Dolls Discussion

Mar 13, 2009

1. Cool, I can actually resist these. However, if they do a tan Little Fee in a couple of those facemolds, there's just no way.

2. Omg this tan is what I hoped for.. :D
      Ok not really couse it means I have one more doll on wishlist XD but ... I like the shade :D

3. I think I am safe for now..I already have those faces, and will wait to see if they do any new faces in the "chocolate" skin. It looks like a light tan to me..

4. Heh. I think, just in case, I'll start saving NOW.

5. I hope they don't make a tan Pong. I'd be doomed. Completely. Though I find it very hard to resist these as well. Only thing keeping me from buying is my howling and empty wallet :lol:

6. OMG they're so so cute! Oh Cupid I totally adore him~ The name too... Chocopuki!! >< Fairyland, you are killing my soul! :D

7. OMG! I really NEED one! :D There goes my littlefee savings :| But I think it's a really good deal, you get so much included! *Waits impatiently for payday*

8. I feel a bit discouraged after reading caution about tan...
      Like.. ok I feel TOTALLY discouraged,.. they may change color couse of makeup chemicals? give me a break ;_; (not talking about bubbles or fast color change)

I really hope they'll work over those.. couse I love this tan.. but with such cautions.. don't know if I would like to risk ;_;

9. Wow, they're actually the nice shade of tan I was hoping for! XD

Now, if they start releasing LFs or MNFs in that tan...

10. Its just a general precaution. If you poke around on the forum here, you'll find all sorts of stories about tan dolls and things that you normally wouldnt have a problem doing to normal/whiteskin dolls that you can't do or have to do differently on tan dolls. Thats why so many companies don't make them.

Its not just their tan, its all tan from my undersatnding. FL's just being really careful. They probably only even considered doing the tan because so many people asked about it, and they don't want all those people getting angry because they tried to sand the seams or used something weird or something and got discolored.

On a less precautionary note....OH MY GOD THAT COLOR IS PERFECT! Unfortunatly, i don't want a tan puki. :sweat however. OMG. If they make a tan mnf in that? HE WILL BE MINE. And a tan feeple would be HORRIBLY tempting. Bu th emnf? definatly mine. That color is so nice! Much less "chocolate" than i expected, so it makes me very happy :D

11. All tans are like that?
      I mean sanding seems stuff is quite obvious.. I've seen tan dolls before and I'm aware of that. I've seen those stories about color change after beeing exposed to sun..But they haven't written that so I assumed it will change color for whatever reason.. Also half of problem with bubbles.. but faceup chemicals?

If they're going to make MNF ind that tan I'll have hard time to resist it as well.. :D But.. don't know anymore. Color is lovely.. even very lovely :fangirl:

12. From all the tan's I've seen, and done face ups on, the msc stuff tends to make the face a bit of a different color than the body. Lighter from what I've seen. Now, if you wipe it, then it all matches.

13. The faceup chemical bit bothers me as well. I like to do my own faceups because it makes me bond more with the doll (Even tho I'm not remotely good). So I think I will order them blank and try to do a faceup on the winking faceplate first, as I don't intend to use it too much anyways. And if something should happen to it I can send the normal face and sleeping face away to somebody used to do faceups on tan dolls :)

14. I'm pretty sure i've heard about someone using something odd (idk, something rather strong/abrasive?) to wipe a faceup on a tan doll, and the head ended up lighter because the stuff she used removed some of the tan color. its cause the color often isnt even throughout the mix since its supposed to be really hard to work with.

My guess on the chemicals warning is that since a lot of people who are newer to the hobby or don't know as much about whats available for us to use, they'll use really random stuff to seal or wipe the dolls, and some of it can be bad for the color or resin. I guess theres a stronger possibility of this happening with the tans, or FL is just smart and doesnt wanna take the chance.

Somehow, i'd assume as long as you werent gonna do anything weird like use really low quality questionable substances on them (like the cheaper sealants or removers that a billion people have warned about in the customization subforum ^^; ) and dont leave them in a really sunny place all the time, there shouldnt be a problem.
      ~Also, a note on the color change for various reasons that they didnt mention (sun/??) when bambicrony did their colored elves the first time, apparently there were a lot of complaints cause the dolls yellowed quite noticibly and marbled when they'd never seen the light of day. Just how the color reacted with the resin. I dont imagine the tan will have such a strong effect though XD;

(although, for amusement (or if you see it as such, horror? ) check out the DOD tan elf sha arrival threads and complaints >>; Its things like that that make companies put up a crazy amount of precautions for potential buyers. DOD warned about EVERYTHING, very clearly, a few times, and yet people are STILL freaking out that the boy came home with marbling/seamlines/whatever. >> I've seen one in person. Its not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But a lot of them have complained to DOD expecting to get their dolls replaces for this. @_@ its mind boggling. )

Don't quote me on anything, though, i'm just gonig on info i've read in the past ^^;

15. they are so cool. i want chocolily :)

16. Sorry for shortening quote.. :D
      Ah that might be the point. I remember the bambicorny elves.. and I remember they had some problems with them. It's that kind or reaction I've been thinking about when I've read this caution. I've seen those DOD stories as well.. nothing THAT horrible..
      Let's hope your right with those chemical warnings :D If so than I have no reasons to worry.. :D

I would ask FL directly but for some reason I can't log in properly >.<

17. Saving for chocolate!

Jeannie

18. I decided to risk...
      Color change???
      Bubbles???
      Has ordered a Pipi.:aheartbea
      Long wait for 60 days.[​IMG]

19. Chocolate makes me think of dark colours, and coffee makes me think of the tan.
      I am excited to see what shade Fairylands "chocolate" turns out to be.

Edit: Just looked! Omg! Chocopuki Pipi is soooo cute. D:

20. Keep in mind that BC is French Resin and these might not be. BC's resin is NOT colored all the way through.

My dolls don't really wind up in sunlight often so I'm alright there...I got all my faceups from FL just to be on the safe side.

I ordered a Cupid and will be naming her Macchiato...I love this tan!