1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland "Chocolate Skin" Dolls Discussion

Mar 13, 2009

1. BC tan resin is not French Resin, though. It is urethane. I owned one of the BC tan dolls and one of the blue BC dolls, and they were most certainly different resins.

The problems BC had with its tan resin were mainly due to sanding, which is something Fairyland seems to definitely warn against.

2. If Fairyland released Little Fee in a very rich dark chocolate colour, I would up and buy one on-the-spot. No questions asked.

Especially if it was an Ante D:!
      She's so cute, I wanna really dark skinned Ante now D:
      Like this, in a way... [this is Prettybird's Ante, Evie. If you don't want her up here, tell me and I'll take it down >< she's my favorite Ante, and I know where all her photos are xD!
      [​IMG]

3. See I love the Choco dolls in black wigs...and darker brown...

4. Lol, Evie is incredibly flattered that she is your favorite ante. ;) I agree, a tanned LTF would be an instant buy. :sweat I have no more money to spend for a while though, so I hope Fairyland cools it with the crazy awesome releases.:lol:

5. Groovy!
      Super!
      This chocolate color!!!

6. Yeah I had the same reaction. My heart soared seeing the tan and then I read the warnings. Eeek! Not that it matters because I did just spend all my monies on Lati.
      Tan Sugar is killing me FL! *flails* I'll have to live vicariously through all of you I think. My own Puki Pipi is still sitting over there, maybe I can send her a message to smuggle a chocolate sugar into her box? hehe

7. I was right, I am so screwed if Fairyland offers any of the Feeple in chocolate skin. >.<

8. Weeeeeeee! I just ordered Chocopuki Sugar :aheartbea How can she not be cute when her name is chocolate sugar? :lol: How on earth am I supposed to handle a 60 day long wait? *_* *spazzes out*

9. I almost got her but I've had both WS and NS Sugars and didn't hold onto them. I just don't seem to like it in person. But I do love her makeup!

10. @ReineDeLaSeine14 omg! I'm so jealous!! I want a chocopuki sugar tooo! I might just let my finger slip to click *buy* :fangirl:

11. Sorry to hear that she did not work out for you. I have been wanting a sugar for ages (almost bought her in NS last month, so glad i waited), so the biggest concern for me is the color, not the mold. I am a bit worried about the bubbles and seamlines fairyland warned about, but then again, I don't think they would send them out if they were too bad. And a few flaws I can live with (i hope) :)

12. I'm finding it hard because I really want Lily. I didn't like her at all in NS or white, but in chocolate... she's perfect. It's just the terribly long wait and wondering if they're launching these before all the problems are resolved. Bobobie seem to have sorted out their light tan skin which looks very similar to this. I just don't know what to do at the mo.

13. After a year or more of not doing anything with any dolls, I bought a Chocolate Lily... I'm willing to take the risk, ha ha.

14. Woooow, this is interesting! I wanna see how tan goes over once people receive them. If the flaws are minimal, that'll be awesome.
      I hope they extend the tan to their MNF's, I've wanted a tan doll for awhile now but haven't been able to find a company who offered one in a sculpt I like... but Fairyland, I like so many of the sculps, lol, it wouldn't be an issue. Kekeke.

15. I think when FL was still part of Luts they had tan MNF. Don't quote me on that though.

16. They did. You still see a few pop up now and then around here. I've seen one in person. It was a really rich dark tan. (looks more chocolaty than this tan actually XD )

I do hope FL does tan mnf though, in THIS tan. Its so pretty *_*

17. AH!~~

I really like how the darker skin color brings out the details of the sculpts! They all have such cute and visible little noses now! <3

I'm waiting excitedly for more news of tan-skin MNF. I really love the color!

18. *fingers crossed on chocolate MNF* then I will definately not be able to resist betting Shushu and Marcia *grins*

19. Oh sadness - they are just sort of tan, not really chocolate at all. I guess that's good news for my wallet!

20. I agree, this color is really not the "chocolate" I was hoping for. Not like Bobobie dark tan, that is chocolate!:D Dark skinned Pukis are adorable though, I'm just a little disappointed that the color is not as dark as I hoped for.