1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FairyLand Fairy Line Mini discussion part 6

Dec 27, 2019

1. I see that DDE has received shipments of little Erda to sell as in stock items. I ordered Jan 3rd. Wondering why it's taking so long? FL usually has dolls ready to ship when they first release a sculpt. Erda took less than 2 months last year even with the event head. I understand the shipping issue, but I wish we knew if our order was queued for shipping. Anyone have their Dragon Erda? Would love to see pics.
      I guess I'll ask DDE what's up. :chibi

2. She's so beautiful! We live at the seaside and I could only hope to find such a lovely little mermaid out on the beach!

3. Elliot got some spiffy new hair!
      [​IMG]

4. Thank you both for your effort to clarify this! I was trying to figure out the difference and this was very helpful <3

5. Hi guys, does anyone know if the FAUN boy legs fit a girl body?
      thanks

6. Only semi, since the shape of the pelvis joint is different.

7. Hugo and Delphinnia, getting to know each other much better.
      I sure love CP tan. Glad I have a few in my crew.

[​IMG]

:daisy

8. Hello !

It's not a perfect match, the boy pelvis is a bit wider, but with clothes it's not bad at all ^^

9. I somehow managed to score an in stock blank dragon Erda from DDE this past week. He arrived this past Friday and I've been buzzing ever since. It's amazing how well he can stand, even without using his tail as a counterbalance. Haven't a clue how he'll be painted, mostly because I'm terrified of ruining his bottom half with dye, but I'm stoked to have him anyway.

A question I have, though, because I'm unfamiliar with FL sculpts as a whole: is it normal for there to be no marks whatsoever inside the head? I've seen heads for sale in various locales that show the sculpt name stamped inside so it was interesting to see him all smooth.

10. I recently read on the minifee thread that the first editions of a doll don't have anything inside the head, and the company add it later. Some owners confirmed it.

11. @~A*K~
      Huh, that's very interesting. Thank you for the information.

12. Just made me grab my Erda and check- he doesn't have any marks either, so it's probably as @~A*K~ said.

Erda is my first fairyline boy and I have to say, all of my future fairyland boys are going to get the fairyline body. He has it all over my motion line boys. They not only fixed but vastly improved the hip joints with this body.

13. @~A*K~ Thank you for that information! I checked my full set Altis and sure enough he has no markings in his noggin! :) Good to know.

14. I've come up empty handed with my searches so I figured I'd ask this here:

For anyone who's dyed or otherwise dissembled the fantasy parts, especially one like Altis or Erda, how have you gone about unstringing him? The innards of the dragon bits seem very complex and I honestly don't even know where to begin.

15. I've only done a mermaid tail, but I took pictures of it so I could remember how it went together. Maybe try laying all the pieces out in order and lay the elastic roughly in the right shape with it and take a picture before dying? I've only briefly handled the dragon parts so I'm not 100% sure how complex they are :sweat

16. @BabySnow

Ah well the thing is, he's still in one piece at the moment. I'm not entirely sure how to even get to the string itself outside of overextending a hip and slicing through the elastic that I can see. I'm used to standard dolls where you can just unhook the elastic and it's easily accessible. Laying him out after the fact is good advice though, thank you.

17. Ooh, I see. Sorry, misunderstood the issue! On the mermaid I found the hook in the lowest non-magnet part of the tail and was able to pop it off. Is there not one on the feet/hooves of the other parts? If you have something like a hemostat that can hold the elastic after you pull it out, it makes handling the actual hook much easier.

18. @BabySnow
      Hm, I see now! I can go through the toes I think, thank you!

19. Hi! Does anyone know if I could put some girl legs on their male body? I know it won't be a perfect fit but I'm wondering if it can be useable.
      And also if other fairyland heads are compatible with the fairyline bodies?

I have a fairyland Altis but I don't like the company faceup so I'm wanting to swap his head with another of the same mold or look at others and want to know what can fit. xD

#59 Nattou, Aug 12, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    20. @Nattou It should be possible! I have done it successfully with the regular Minifee bodies to create height differences, so I assume the fairyline legs (at least the human ones) could be switched too. Which heads are you interested in? I'll check my collection against my fairyline bodies if you like!