1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FairyLand Fairy Line Mini discussion part 6

Dec 27, 2019

1. On this point it depends ! I have two fairyline bodies, one I've bought directly from fairyland and the other I'm the second owner but I have proof that it's a legit one and... on the first, only my mio head works. On the second, my risse head fits perfectly too, without the modding that I planned to do... If I remember well, fairyland wrote somewhere the list of head "that wont fit" on a fairyline body.

( But Risse head was on this list and it works on my second body... so *_*)

2. I'm curious if some MiniFee heads would work on the Fairyline body, I'm a big newbie to Fairyland dolls. x'D
      I'd love to consider a couple secondhand heads from friends or places to put on my Altis faun body. :D

3. It's not a perfect fit- you'd have to trim down the boy a little to make it work.

4. Ended up switching the twins so that their face-ups suited their aesthetics and personalitites more. I like it.
      [​IMG]

5. Some of them definitely can; I've got a Karsh head on my Sia body:

[​IMG]Arioch's New Wig by vicemage, on Flickr

And my Altis body has the Engraved Halloween Head instead of the standard one. (Someday I'll figure out what to do with that poor boy...)

6. I have a similar question... is it possible to use a FairyLine boy body for the seahorse (mermaid) parts?

7. Short answer: I wouldn't recommend it.
      longer answer: sure, the parts will connect, but you're going to get a lot of gapping, which looks bad and lets the parts shift around and makes it really hard to pose the doll in any stable way. I have most of the Fairyline body types and I do not recommend mixing any of the male/female parts in any way. Modding the fit would probably be tricky because a lot of the pieces are very thin. For people who want a male seahorse, imo it's better to hunt down one of the flat Sia busts (or mod a different female bust); for people who want a female faun, I believe Fairyland actually makes an adapter for that. Of course, if you're not going to play around posing the doll very much, maybe it doesn't matter.

here's an unrelated pic b/c I was surprised how much taller the dragon body is than the centaur girls:
      [​IMG]

8. Thank you for such a detailed answer, I really appreciate it. <3

9. That is SUCH a cute little room and I love the dragon legs. But it is a shame to hear the parts aren't completely swappable -- understandable but a little sad.

10. @Gathephaar Is that wig made out of feathers? It look really cool!

11. Yes it is! It's a custom by Inhaletheresin on IG! Their wigs are really cool!

12. @Gathephaar Thanks for that, I'll have to check them out~

13. Hi again!
      I've read that not all heads fit on the FairyLine body and I was wondering if any of you have a Rena head on a FairyLine body, just to make sure that my plans are possible to complete.

14. Okay, I am torn and maybe someone here can help me. I ordered the full set Luha in NS from DDE. I asked them if Fairyland has plans to sell her a la carte later on the Fairyline body, and the answer was no, unfortunately. I have a pair of WS Momo bunny legs here, but the upper body is tan so I would need a different upper body. Part of me really thinks having Luha in all WS on the bunny legs would be adorable, but do I want to change my order to WS? Or should I stick with NS? With no plans to have her as an a la carte for Fairyline, does that mean the head wouldn't work on a Fairyline body if I chose to get a WS one later? Argh!!:?:shudder

15. MOST of the minifee heads work on the fairyline body, the ones that don't are definitely a minority and (thus far) always say in the doll description if they don't since they know sometimes people do splits and what-not. So if you're in a place where you're wanting to wait to get a fairyline body for her later, I think you should be safe. Worse comes to worse, you can just ask if it's compatible?? DDE should be able to find out for you.

16. The compatibility problem of some head can also be "random". I wanted for long a Risse head on a fairyline body, but Risse is one of the few heads that is no compatible. On my first body, it didn't work, so I bought a normal neckpart and I decided to do some mod / hybridation and... on my second body, it worked perfectly, without any problem. I'm 100% sure both are legit, but the first one is from Sia, the second from another fairyline doll...
      In the worst of the case, you can slightly reduce the neckpart with sanding.

17. Thank you both so much!! Fairyland confirmed that it should fit okay on the Fairyline body. Here's hoping it isn't too late to change my order to WS. :eusa_pray

eta: And that was a no... :(

#79 redmaiko, Oct 14, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    18. @redmaiko Maybe see about a starting a split in white skin to get the head?