1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Fantasy Art Line (Part 1)

Aug 3, 2016

1. Amen to that. I have two hippogriffs who still aren't blushed. I'm terrified to send them away and I don't even know where to begin to do it myself. One of these days I'll get up the courage to send them out for a spa treatment. I keep telling myself I will. Thankfully they actually are quite pretty even without blushing. But seeing the blushed ones does make me want to hurry up and get them painted.

2. I've finally got a plan and all the colors for mine here, but I need to finish the doll I have in pieces first, and I've been terrible about that... I got motivated to make the plan, at least, by seeing other people's all done, though, so hopefully I can take that and push through the nervousness about unstringing.

3. I did Stormwing's blushing without unstringing him - and managed to not stick any of his joints together. Not too bad for a first try:

[​IMG]Stormwing by Beth Simmons, on Flickr

4. His wings are fantastic! Do you have more pictures of him? :)

My Rus (still looking for a name) is WS and I'm blushing him/her in the style of a lilac breasted roller, so unfortunately I don't think I can get away with skipping the unstringing. My plan is to take a lot of notes and photos while doing the unstringing. And possibly to do it in sections so I don't have to have everything in pieces for very long!

5. You all need to blush your hippogriffs! :D May I give you a bit of inspiration perhaps? ;)

[​IMG]
      Painted hippogriff
      by Akara, on Flickr

6. Oh well done Beth! Stormwing looks very handsome (I'm assuming yours is a boy). :thumbup

Yeah, yeah, I know I need to pull my finger out and get blushing, all in good time Akara. :)

#186 Xanadu Dolls, Jun 15, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
    7. Haha, if/when you do get it blushed, you have to show us @Xanadu Dolls :D What resin color is yours by the way?

More pictures! Lana together with my friend's purple hippogriff when I worked on the body blush for her ~
      [​IMG]
      Painting the wings
      by Akara, on Flickr

I liked her a lot even before the blush(the sculpted fur/feathers are really nice), but I must say, having her painted is great. She's gotten much more attention now that she's blushed.

I do however miss her little white paws though, she was adorable with them but I sold the extra pair of bunny legs I had so she'll have to have her bird feet now :/

8. I finally managed to blush my hippogriff. Thule is a hippogriff from the far North, that's why he's icy color. How do you like the result?

[​IMG]Thule by spih_2, on Flickr

9. New Fantasy Art Line. Coming Soon
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

10. Well that's not good. D:

@spih Thule is quite lovely. I love that shade of blue!

11. I love the little Realfee girl! What kind of creature is she? I wonder what her price will be. :D

12. Oh, I think I'm safe! If this one had been a cat (or more cat-like), I would have been done for, especially with those paws! But I think I can resist this release, as lovely as it is, and hold out for a cat RLF or FAL like I really want. :eusa_pray

13. I feel safe but that picture is incredibly cute. She's so carefree and happy.

14. Oh my WORD that gryphon. <3 I was hoping they'd re-release Rus some day, but this is even cuter! :D

I wonder how much it will be?

15. Ohhhh nooooooo! Just when I had a handle on my BJD's!! Fairyland what are you doing to me and my wallet!! :...(

I bought the violet, and I know I should blush the darn beast, but I have been so darn busy with other things and I haven't really been in the mood for blushing.

#196 Xanadu Dolls, Jun 24, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    16. The griffins are up on DDE. :(

Will anyone be getting one of them?

17. So they are. :D I really, really want one. Get paid this Friday... hopefully I get to order!

18. I just found out I will be able to get one! :dance

But I don't know which color to pick: agra tan or pink? I really, really love the agra tan on Cookie and love how FL painted their griffin. At the same time, the pink looks really nice and may be a bit more versatile than the agra tan?

19. I have a fullset pink griffin on order!

I was also torn between pink and agra tan, but I do think the pink will be easier to blush/paint. And I love how the pink hippogriffs I've seen have come out.

Tags: