1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Fantasy Art Line (Part 1)

Aug 3, 2016

1. Hi guys, it's me again :D My Haru arrived today, so there's a fusion photo:
      [​IMG]
      (behind of them you can see the art of the chaos, yeah x'D)

2. The blushing looks really good so far. I ordered a pink Rus too but haven't decided on colours to go with yet - maybe pink going to purple. Really looking forward to see the finished work if post a pic when you're done :)

3. [​IMG]
      Untitled
      by daisydayes, on Flickr

I picked up my HippoGriff this afternoon! OMG HUGE! I knew...I had looked up the size and I had tried to anticipate just how much heft....drawn a sketch of the proportions to hold up to my other dolls...you know..the usual dolly waiting things...but nothing prepared me for the actual LARGENESS of him! *starry eyed* he's SO.BIG.

and I really need him to be able to look down.....can they look down somehow and I'm not figuring it out? or are their necks not very poseable? anyone? anyone? Bueller?

I'm thinking greys and rose golds for colors....if I'm honest, I really want to paint him like an 80's my little pony twinkle eye...but I must resist....he has a serious role in a serious storyline and he cannot have pretty MLP markings! even if he really wants to be a pretty pony....like Galaxy...or Locket!

4. I can't get mine to look down, either. Which kind of sucks. I'm guessing because part of the neck unattaches for the hybrid with a realfee? But it's kind of a design flaw, IMO. I mean, the rest of him is so poseable! Kind of sucks that he can barely tilt his head, especially since I don't want to hybrid him. :huh?:

5. @DaisyDayes I was pleasantly shocked by the size too.

Yeah, Rus does have pretty limited up/down neck movement. However it is possible to make it look like your Rus is looking down with the bucking pose or by arching the back and lifting the back legs a bit (partial buck/ landing pose?).

6. still bummed about the limited neck posing, but I'm not keen on modding this beast! (although it was a thought that reeeeeaaaaally wanted to be thought upon)

[​IMG]
      pretty dramatic...for someone named PonyFeathers
      by daisydayes, on Flickr

it also took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out the long-tail/short-tail thing!
      "Oh, it twists! Oh it comes off! OMG IT'S THE SHORT TAIL OPTION!"

#66 DaisyDayes, Aug 17, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    7. My June and Rus arrived. I currently have my Rus in front of me and I cannot figure out how the wings go on. I did not get any assembly instructions for him.

8. @LuckyXIII - Tilt his head forward slightly, at the base of his neck there's a little piece that comes out, revealing the slot for the wings to go into.

9. I think this is the Fairyland video that shows you how to attach the wings! around the 35second mark

10. Thanks! I actually watched that but must have skipped over that part.

11. Here is a picture of Lazerus (MNF Karsh in tan) with Rus in arga to show the slight difference between the two. Lazerus is not amused, but he is getting the Rus wings so I guess he's a little happy. >.>

[​IMG]P8170032 by Heather, on Flickr

12. Postie came early today and I have my violet Rus (Fleetfoot) and June (Ruggiero) at home at last. :)
      Hopefully I'll get a chance to photograph them over the weekend.

Congrats to all those who have received theirs this week!

13. @LuckyXIII thanks for the comparison shot of the two tans. Also, sorry to hear that FL didn't send a pamphlet with your Rus. Will you ask them to send you one (or maybe they can give you an option to download a digital copy)?

@Xanadu Dolls congratulations on your new arrivals. I look forward to seeing your photos!

14. Thank you. I finally got to take photos this morning when Fleetfoot flew in with Ruggerio on his back. :)

[​IMG]

15. We have a Flickr showcase now:

Fantasy Artline

Please feel free to add your photos and share them there. :)

16. I did not try to do extensive blushing to my hippogriff but I painted the beak, the talons and the hooves so that he would not look completely blank. His name is Thule and he is a hippogriff from the ultimate North.

[​IMG]Snow elves and the hippogriff by spih_2, on Flickr

17. And he eats carrots? He looks really lovely, and so cute with your little boys. :aheartbea

18. Here's a close-up of Thule to show better how the beak is painted:

[​IMG]Thule by spih_2, on Flickr

(I'm not sure if he eats carrots...)

19. How did you do it, did you just use Acrylic paint ?

20. No, I used enamel paints intended for painting small plastic models. It's durable and does not need to be sealed.

Tags: