1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Fantasy Art Line (Part 1)

Aug 3, 2016

1. Your game, I think I will just blush mine. I'm not confident with enamel paint. ;)

2. @spih I love the painting on his beak and talons. The color is really lovely and definitely gives the feeling of coming from the north. :D

3. I like the grey colors for the northern Gryphs too!

Picture request! anyone with a hippogriff and a realfee with the bunny legs? could you take a picture for me of the paw close to the hoof? I'm wondering if they are compatible! my own largest paw is still slightly too small at the balljoint, but the curiosity has a hold of me!

4. Eep I can't wait to get mine. All the painting looks so fun.

5. i posted a link to my flickr previously, but here is an eye
      [​IMG]IMAG0317_1_1 by Jules, on Flickr

6. Not sure if anyone has discussed this yet, but I'm not nearly as talented as all of you and I'm absolutely terrified of ruining my hippogriffs when they arrive. I still have one more layaway payment to go anyway but figure I would ask. Has anyone compiled a list of people like Fairyland said they would of people who do blushing work on the hippogriffs? Also how do people feel about sending their hippogriffs back out for custom work? I've never sent any of my dolls anywhere before and it makes me nervous especially because my hippogriffs are so much more expensive and really in reality to me more irreplaceable than my other dolls cause I can't just find another hippogriff for sale. Is anyone else attempting blushing for the first time? Lots of questions. Sorry. I'm just so excited for my babies to come home. I have a violet and an Agra tan coming home and have such dreams for them. I know I could never do them justice.
      I actually live down the street from Mint on Card so I may take them down there first and ask their in house person how she feels about blushing fantasty creatures or ask for tips too. But I would love to know all your thoughts.

Everyone's babies look so wonderful!!!

7. Hi @Meggethann, congratulations on your hippogriffs! Unfortunately I don't have much recent experience sending a doll out for custom work. I'm pretty sure others here (and others still waiting) will likely get someone to paint and blush their hippogriffs.

This isn't my first time blushing, but this was my first animal doll. I was very nervous and excited. One problem I had though was that I kept deviating from the original plan with the colors because I thought it would be oh so fun to put in green and blue. :| so if you do decide to give blushing a try yourself, keep to your color scheme that you had planned. It will help things go smoother.

Regarding your plan to see Mint on Card and speak to them, that sounds like a good idea. They may be able to recommend an artist for you. You could also try searching for a local face up artist in your state if you're uncomfortable sending your doll out to far away places. And regardless of location, always look at the artist's feedback thread. If they're not on DoA, they should still have some kind of review section or even a list of clients they worked with that you might be able to look up and contact.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :D

8. I've sent my dolls out for face-ups before... but never blushing. Though, I may consider it this time. I'd like mine to be white with hints of tan but I'm worried I'll just make him look dirty. :P

9. I told PonyFeathers that he was a pretty bird...I think it's gone straight to his head!

[​IMG]
      Ponyfeathers
      by daisydayes, on Flickr

10. He's certainly looking very proud and pleased with himself! :)

11. I'm trying so hard to be patient. I ordered my non-fullset Rus the first day of the event and have yet to hear anything from DDE. I still have a couple of payments due, but its coming up on 3 months soon and I'm beginning to get a little antsy. :sweat

Update - I sent DDE an email asking that they send the Sept invoice a few days early and I'd go ahead and pay that. I also asked if there was any news on my Rus order and lo and behold, they replied that he arrived! I still have a couple payments to make on my layaway, but he's here!

#91 Kirahfaye, Aug 31, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    12. :kitty1My FS Rus and FS Haru arrived at DDE! So I paid off my last layaway payment and they are sending them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

13. I keep forgetting to post in this thread. Haha. I got my shipping notice on the 6th for my agra tan FS Haru and Agra tan FS Rus from DDE. They should be arriving tomorrow! So excited. I paid off my other layaway as well so I'm just waiting for my FS Agra June & FS Violet Rus to get in to DDE and then they should be shipping shortly as well.

Congrats!!!

14. Congratulations all. I'm looking forward to seeing all these arrive. :)

15. Ahhhh! I was so sad yesterday that I just missed my package. Got that dreaded pink slip. But I went and waited outside the post office this morning and I just arrived back home with my box and Haru and Rus are inside!!! Haven't opened it yet, but omg! Just needed to post my excitement! They are here!!!

16. Congrats!!!!
      Mine will be arriving on Tuesday! I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish this weekend is over!!!! I need my babies!!!!!!!

17. Yay for you! You won't be disapponted! They are simply lovely. I wish I could post pictures, but every time for some reason they never show up. So I will just link you all to my album.
      Flickr
      I'm so happy with them. I can't wait for June and my Violet Rus to join them now.

I did have a question for people who already received their realfees. I don't understand the magnets. I tried to get mine to stay in the head, but they simply will not. Do you have to glue them? That seems unfortunate especially if the idea is there are multiple places to put them so you can move the magnets around. Plus I have two heads-regular and sleeping. And one set of magnets. But if I were ever to get a different type of fantasy parts and want to place them differently I would need to glue new magnets in? Every time I tried to put them in one would fly out and snap and attach to the other one already in the head. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Or you simply have to glue them. I have never had a Realfee before so I'm new to the whole magnet thing. For now, my girl is going without her ear pieces.

18. They are so adorable! I love them in tan skin!!! I ordered mine both in NS, but now I kind of want the tan!! And What?! You ordered another Rus! And June! Good for you XD

19. It's so good to see people attempting to blush and paint! I've been back and forth on it. It's just so intimidating since I definitely don't want to take mine apart. The violet resin looks good enough to not blush, but I'm sure they are even more amazing when blushed so I can't wait to see more from you guys :D

20. @PChu you don't have to take your Rus apart for blushing/painting. When I was working on Cookie I had the wing parts attached but spread out so that they were getting sealed correctly. I also didn't seal the whole doll at once and focused on sections (wings, chest, legs, hooves, talons, faceplate etc).

Tags: