1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland PukiPuki WIGS THAT FIT

Mar 19, 2011

1. My 2 cents...

My favourite is 4ich Parabox wig - princess curls, platinum blond. It fits well, but I had to trim forelocks a bit since they were almost hiding her eyes:
      [​IMG]
      Before this wig arrived, she was borrowing PocketFairy bob wig. It's 4.5 inch - bigger than necessary, so I had to put something under it, but it looked pretty well, and allowed more neck movement than similarly-shaped Fairyland wig (perhaps it's just my problem, but I can't make her look up in a "native" bob-2-braids wig):
      [​IMG]

2. this is awesome im studing to get a pukipuki so things like this super help thank you

3. I just got a 4in parabox wig for pippin, my pukisha (pictures ASAP) the wig cap seemed FAR too big for her, and I still need help to keep it on (although i am trying to figure it out) and i did need to cut her bangs, but it is very cute and just the right color.
      it is a bit gappy around the ears, but the rest of the hair hides it.

my sister uses a wig from the market place for her pong, i belive it was made by teseya? I can't remember i got it for her just after pongpong was first released a few years back.

I also have two Kemper Doll wigs, one blue, one silver, they are long, and quite stiff and they do need some help keeping on ( i use blue tac) but they are very cute!

4. Where can I get a silicon wig cap that fits, I've tried ordering several and they are all too big!

5. Has anyone tried other fashion doll wigs like Sybarite or Fashion Royalty wigs? Barbie are supposed to fit...I have no experience with any of these.

6. Tinybear suggests using the end of a disposable glove. Alternatively tacky glue is great for securing wigs on tinies, and they peel off when you want to change them.

7. you can also use a balloon, a small one or a tube balloon (the ones to make balloon animals)
      cut off the end and stretch over the puki head.
      depending on the size I sometimes use just a band of the balloon
      (multiheads are a bit difficult I think...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Can I vent about my wig troubles here? Is there a venting subforum? :vein

I'm seriously starting to think that there are no wigs that fit. And, sadly, I feel like people misrepresent their wigs in photos when they sell. :crushed

Here are my most recent wig purchases. The brown wig is from fa-tio on ebay, here's how they show the wig.
      The second is from a seller here and they showed the manufacturers picture which makes it look like the wig fits.

[​IMG]

I'm going mad! I guess Obitsu and Parabox wigs are my next stop? This is making me crazy.

9. Nadja, I feel your pain. I think glueing the wig with tacky glue to the head can work wonders and trimming the wig if required. Hats/headbands can also help to flatten the wig to the head. Mimisstuff has the pink wig and it looks fine on her puki with a headband http://www.flickr.com/photos/26118463@N05/5912757888/in/photostream She also uses Monique Hannah in size 4 and trims them to fit (I find them too big!) and they look great. I'd be inclined to send a photo of the fa-tio wig to the seller and ask her for her opinion. Wigs themselves may differ too. The Leekworld tiny wigs fit quite well and the Brownie wigs from Mujoo fit too.

10. Thanks Kayjay! I'm going to try hacking at these wigs to see if I can do anything with them. The thing that's really a bummer is that sending them back to the sellers (both overseas) is so expensive I might as well just keep the darned things!
      I'll look into Leeke and Mujoo.

11. FWIW, Barbie wigs, if you can find them work. I cannot vouch for FR wigs but one Sybarite I tried was too big.

Here is a Barbie wig I bought from a doll convention sales room a few years ago. I also have it in wine and yellow. It's a side part curly hair wig, supposed to be a Marilyn Monroe look. It was marketed for Silkstone Barbie dolls.
      [​IMG]
      Sassy! by julester3, on Flickr

12. nadja: i feel your pain because i have the same pink wig from latidoll and it is even much horrible..i wrote to lati and they said they replace me this wig with my order LRRH ,thats mean another 2 months waiting ://

I using DD-Anne wigs and i think they are the best wig for pukis for me ;)
      http://www.dd-anne.com/?page_id=466&category=5
      here some my fotos:
      [​IMG]
      Floral dresses for pukipuki/ grab one ;) by Aya_27, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      Squirrel by Aya_27, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      You want cookie? by Aya_27, on Flickr

i ordered some more colors then fotos when i get them here ;))

13. hi,
      I am Fatiao.
      I'm sorry about this case.
      I have sent new one to nadja.
      And synthetic mohair can shape on yourself.

I have to say because Puki wig is too small and all handmade.
      So a little tolerance, will become a problem.:doh

Now We have produced 4" size cap.:)
      [​IMG]
      This will help the wig fixed.
      I also think other ways to fit.
      Like magnet.
      I will write the way to help everyone successfully to put on the wig.
      Or everyone have other ways. Please advance us.
      Thank you.:)

Fatiao

14. Thanks Fatiao, I really appreciate you working with me. I will let you know when it arrives and how it works. The wig cap is a great idea. The brown with has a ton of hair and the cap is far too big so even with a patch of moleskin on the head it will not stay in place.

15. Does anyone have pictures of how Volks Dollfie plus wigs fit ?
      Considering getting one but unsure if it fits well.

16. I am so glad I found this thread. I recently purchased a Fairyland Bunnee wig for Puki. She has a wig cap on and even with that the wig falls off her head when I pick her up. You would think Fairyland of all people would get it right since they produce the doll. That being said, it is a very cute wig.

17. I am writing because I really need a wig... I haven't found it anywhere. I need a wig with a ponytail (and bangs, if possible), but it has to be a high ponytail so it has to be designed to be exactly a ponytail wig (Rubyred has a cute one with pigtails but it's blonde, and another one brown but I don't like it much). I have had the obitsu/parabox wig with two ponytails, and it was so bad... The shape was completely wrong for pukipuki.
      Do you have any links?
      I need it in brown or red-brown, and not mohair or fur. :)

18. Be careful with those "Brownie" wigs, people: I ordered two from either Ajumapama or Parabox. One was white "Fer", and the other was the dreaded "Cupid" wig (see next quote). Brownie wigs come with a metal plate glued into the scalp and its location doesn't co-ordinate with the double Puki head magnets. You can't ignore it either because the frisbee-thingy takes up too much room for the wig to fit properly until you remove it. I got mine out of the Cupid wig easily enough just by peeling/pulling. Because the "Fer" wig material was too absorbent, and I will have to try acetone or hot glue thinner/removing solution.

The "SoSo" and other mohair wigs from fairyland are Skin Caps: Made from pieces of leather, rather than strips of hair sewn onto a fabric wig cap (see next quote, again). I have the "Coco" brown long wig, two different short & curly white ones and the rabbit fur Pukisha wig. I like mine very much, but they need double-sided tape to stay on. Eye putty doesn't seem to be sticky enough. Also: I got mine a couple of years ago, and lately people have complained about the lack of quality in mohair from Fairyland.

The Leeke wigs are the wefted-and-sewn style of wig. Kemper makes good quality wefted mohair wigs, but it can be hit-or-miss finding Puki size.

Warning: flat-rate shipping at Volks USA seems to be about $12, regardless of the total weight or size of the things being ordered. I only shop there now if I have a big order that justifies the bigger shipping charge

Yeah, those are called "partial caps". They are popular right now because of the "reborning" hobby, and are considered to be most realistic for that "peach fuzz" effect. Pain in the ass for the rest of us, though!

Tee-Hee ~ Take your own advice, Annetta!! I remember a few years ago Tabloach made a high-ponytail "Classic Barbie" style wig for a Puki on request. Maybe she still takes requests...

About Rubyred Galleria: Do not buy the Kish "Riley" wigs to use on Pukis. Their heads are about the same size, but not the right shape. I bought a double-braid-with-bangs style called a "Dutch Braid". The quality was excellent, but the wig cap came down too far in back, and interfered with the neck-joint. It pushed my Puki's head forward and kept it from moving in general. I am still working up the nerve to trim it down; it requires me un-doing some of the braid-work in back and I don't know if I can re-braid them as nicely. I have not tried any "Riley" wigs from Denver Doll Emporium, yet. They might be made by a different manufacturer.

LASTLY: There are several wig tutorials right here on DoA. HERE'S one for a "Fer" wig...
      ~HERE is another using crochet that's been re-done on Flickr with step-by-step pictures. Even though it's written for crochet, I think you can adapt it for knitting, too ~ either way it's just a "skull cap" or "Beanie" with lots of extra dangly-bits.

~Amanda :hamster:
      (Helpful Heap O' Hamsters)