1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland RealFee Discussion Part 7

Apr 10, 2018

1. I thought I'd join in here because of my cute witchy girl Briala ^_^ She is my violet realfee Pano:

[​IMG]P3240108 by sbslink, on Flickr

2. #123 myownlittleworld, Aug 28, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
    3. Hi! Trying to find shoes that fit these wonderful cuties. Most of the links in the reference thread are no longer working. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you !

4. @myownlittleworld Oh my gosh she's gorgeous~! Really love her wig and overall pastel pretty look~

@Zavrinas I'm not sure what kind you're after, but I just got these sneakers from aliexpress: 3.5cm Mini Doll Shoes Canvas Shoes For Blyth Doll 1/6 doll azone Pullip Dal Doll Sneakers Casual Shoes-in Dolls Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

They won't fit around the ankle if done all the way up (so I'm replacing the laces and only using the first two sets of eyelets) and I've found it easier to put them on if I take off my girl's foot first, but they do fit and at this point I'm just happy to have a pair of sneakers for them at all haha

5. I'm so smitten with all your lovely girls and guys. Someday a Realfee will be joining the family. It's just a long wait now to find that perfect companion. Still debating on normal skin vs tan skin too. I have both in my collection and love both so it's always hard to decide...

6. @Siara I hope you find the right one for you. Minuet, my Eva, was my second Realfee. I sold my first one (a Pano) as he didn't end up working out for me.

Minuet and her Griffin friend, Merv

[​IMG]

7. Thank you @sugarstitch ! Thankfully my girl doesn't really have a specific style any kind of footwear will work. And they fit as long I don't lace them up tight all the way? Fortunately I have some some strong elastic that can replace laces and I like the loose sneaker look ;) thank you so much!

8. @Zavrinas No problem~ Here's a pic if that helps too (still need to figure out a better shoe lace replacement aha)

[​IMG]

9. @sugarstitch that helps a lot! Thank you!!! And your girl is adorable :3

10. @CathyM Thank you. So far I've been pretty unlucky with browsing the second-hand market. I've been looking around but every Realfee purchase I try to make ends up with me being second in line for the buy. It's mighty frustrating. Not to mention my scope is limited to the EU market...

Minuet seems so gentle with Merv. How are they getting along?

@sugarstitch Your girl is making me rethink my skin color choice @_@ so cute even blank. The sneaker preview is very helpful. Thank you very much.

11. @Zavrinas Glad I could help~ And thanks~! Her character isn't 100% figured out yet, but realfee are still super cute when blank haha

@Siara I do really love tan skin dolls~ I have to say though, the sanding marks on her are kind of disappointing. She's only my second Fairyland tan, and while my minifee has the usual seams and whatnot, she doesn't have the sanding issue. I love her regardless though, Fairyland's tan is a lovely colour~

12. @sugarstitch I totally agree with you. One of my Pukifee is a tan girl but I am also quite dissapointed with her quality. Awful seams and sanding marks. I wouldn't mind a color difference but the sanded areas turn into some kind of greyish mess. At conventions I also noticed that older tan dolls also start to show that kind of wear and discoloring around their joints. Although they're still absolutely gorgeous it is something that bugs me. No way I'd part with the ones I already have though. But I always make sure I double think about it for future purchases, if the character doesn't need a darker skin color then I usually stick to normal skin. I noticed tan dolls from other companies don't seem to have this issue so I don't understand why Fairyland doesn't try to change it up.

I have to admit tan on the Realfee does compliment the fantasy aspect beautifully. I've heard the other fantasy colors don't have the sanding issues. Read somewhere that for example the mint color can be sanded without any color differences. That is impressive.

13. Thanks so much Donna80 annd Sugarstitch. I had a lot of fun with them!

CathyM...Eva is reeally pretty in this size!

14. I have found that shoes made for the Robert Tonner Marley/Agnes Dreary dolls fit pretty well. My Soso Tulip is wearing them here. These are from an Agnes Dreary outfit.

[​IMG]Tulip by Andrea, on Flickr

15. @Siara It does seem to be mostly Fairyland, the only other tan doll I have is from Lutz and her seams are barely noticeable, without sanding marks too. I have a violet Mari (though by now she's mostly grey ^^') and she doesn't have seams as bad as the tan. But oh well, I just really love Realfee, and hopefully the marks won't be as noticeable when I make her some clothes :)

Good luck deciding though~ Have you settled on a sculpt yet?

16. @DancingBee Tulip is super adorable in her outfit. Thank you for the tip, guess we'll be on the lookout for Robert Tonner Marley/Agnes Dreary doll outfits now.

@sugarstitch The fantasy colors are so pretty. I'm not sure if you can sand the violet resin without color differences but I think you could. You're right though, clothing hides a lot and some seams aren't too bad. I just like having the option to sand them if they're too horrible.

As for me, I think I'm just going with availability for now. I can't be too picky to be honest because I can't purchase straight from Fairyland or international sellers anymore. I'm at the mercy of the European market. Customs are deadly in Belgium. For instance if I purchase a BJD that costs me € 300,00 I'd have to pay customs a whopping € 93,00 to import it. Take into account that is without shipping costs, that figure also gets taxed so custom fees are more than € 100,00 for even the tiniest of BJD. I just can't afford it anymore even though I work a full-time job with awful hours. Care for my 1-year old comes first, that's just the way it is.

If I had the choice I think I'd prefer a normal skin Realfee girl for hybriding reasons. As for Realfee sculpts there isn't one I don't like so far so I guess I'm in luck. I like May for her lack of ears and Eva/Luna for their soft expression but to be honest every sculpt has their charm. In the end I think I might even switch it up with a Pukifee or Littlefee faceplate though according to which one I can get my hands on first and easiest. But enough rambling from me, hahaha~

Does anyone have more cute pictures to spam? :3

17. @Siara: Have you tried looking on Flickr for dolls for sale? I am from Europe and bought my girl second hand from there (through a European selling group)

As for pictures:
      [​IMG]P8170022 by sbslink, on Flickr

18. @sbslink Thank you for the great suggestion. I've been trying through various social media and Flickr but haven't specifically searched for groups. I will give that a try for sure. Also your girl is absolutely stunning, her face-up and manicure are so interesting.