1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Realpuki discussion - part 20

Apr 5, 2020

1. FairyLand has announced that it is ending the preorder of Obi early:

Due to high demand beyond our expectation, we are ending sale of Realpuki and pukipuki prematurely before the end of June as previously announced, in order to prepare pre-ordered Realpukis and pukipukis in a timely manner.

Sale of Realpuki and pukipuki will end as of June 21st, 2020 (KST).

So if you meant to order Obi, you have only a few days to do so.

The announcement (on their website) goes on to say that while they have had lots of supportive comments, they have also had negative feedback and threats. I can't imagine people doing that, and sincerely hope it doesn't negatively impact FL's plans to bring back the older sculpts later this year.

2. Oh my! I’m so glad I ordered my Obi right away! I would dearly hate to miss out after waiting so long for a companion her own size for my beloved little Morticia. My little Casper will certainly be a very dear addition indeed! It is good that now they can see the popularity of this line, so perhaps that will mean more adorable Realpukis for us in the future.

It’s also good that they are taking care not to “burn out” their creative staff. About the negativity, I don’t even know what to say to that...it certainly has no place in this hobby.

3. I’m shocked & appalled that anyone would make rude comments & even threats!

4. This little Hedgehog is just the cutest little Hedgie ever!

Thank you! I am still so thrilled to have a BJD Stag Beetle - it was never something that I even considered would be a possibility!

5. I am so pleased that I ordered my little Obi when I did - I would have been GUTTED to have missed out on him.
      I agree, I think it is shocking that anyone would make negative comments or threats. More to the point, I don't understand who would do this and why? I guess other companies or re-casters maybe? Hopefully the popularity of the pre-order will only serve to illustrate how popular the little Realpukis are with collectors:D

6. @Saraht , I’m happy your little Obi was ordered in time! Recasters & competitive companies crossed my mind too. I just can’t imagine why a collector would be so cruel.

7. Recasters and trolls are what came to my mind. Real collectors don't behave that way. I can see where some people might be disappointed because now they don't have time to save up the money to purchase Obi, especially as FairyLand doesn't do layaway. However, Denver Doll does offer layaway so there really is no excuse.

8. When i read about what they had said I was appalled. Why do people have to be so negative? I like tinies and am not that sure about the large bjds but I would never be neagative to a company producing them or a fellow collector. Everyone likes different things.

9. I thought about recasters and trolls too. Because usually collectors are way to patient toward companies and even tend to close eyes on big botches.

I really hope the company will open new release on old molds in autumn. Or maybe I’ll find on second hand market another rp. I think I even prefer second option. :)

10. Pre-loved is always a good option, but if FairyLand stops producing RPs and other small size dolls, people who already have them will be reluctant to sell them, knowing that if they do they might not be able to buy another at a later time.

You're right about collectors being patient. If there's one thing this hobby teaches us it's that we can't rush things. Dolls will arrive on their own time. We can only wait and fill the waiting time with buying or making the things our little ones will need. That's almost as much fun as receiving the doll itself.

11. Was able to still order Obi on the Fairyland site. Ordered a little after midnight KST. I’m in US... anyone know if they will cancel it as it was after the cutoff time? It’s still showing available on their site so I’m hoping they will process my order. I didn’t find out about this release until an hour ago... fingers crossed .

12. @raggedraven - Congrats, I hope! It's hard to know if they will honor orders placed shortly after midnight. I would hope so. I had another look at FL's notice and it doesn't state a time, only "as of June 21st, 2020 (KST)". As I see it, that's open to interpretation. I recently ordered a doll from another company that was a week past the sale's end date. Their order system accepted my order, so the company honored it. Let's hope FairyLand does the same.

13. Pre-loved, I like how it sound!
      I was really lucky to find three dolls in a row the moment I decided I want them. My Teala was one of this trio. So I have no hurry in waiting right rp for my tiny company. Tealtilla is impatient little fairy, but she is easy to be distracted. :)
      I enjoy doing tiny clothes and things for my tiny company. It is the reason why I came to hobby. Right now I’m in process making perfect doll for rp and lati. The existing one it 3 cm and I hope I can make even smaller one.
      I’m crossing my fingers for you!!!

14. Looks like my Obi order is processing...yay!!! Question as this is my first realpuki. Are dolls gender neutral, can Obi be boy or girl.... meaning any sculpting that would suggest boy on realpukis?

15. Hurray!!! I’m very glad for you!
      Yes, realpuki is genderless and can be a boy or a girl, depends only on your vision and imagination.

16. Hooray for you! Congratulations on your order. It must have been very nerve-wracking waiting to find out.:sweat I’m so happy it worked out for you. I’ve been waiting for so long to get a second realpuki, I know I would have been absolutely gutted if I’d missed out on this order, and I’m sure you felt the same about getting your first. And yes, as LicorneDream said, they are certainly gender neutral (which is very convenient when it comes to little fairy-lings because those adorable faces are perfect for either.)

17. Thanks! Very excited! Now to decide boy or girl

18. Yes I’m so excited.... I did not even know they had been released until that morning when I ordered. Would have been so bummed if I had found out the next day that I missed it! I’ve had pukipuki’s in the past, and have always wanted a realpuki as I love their expressions.... so much personality!

19. Oh yes...those adorable expressions! They’re absolutely priceless and what really draws me to them. Little Obi is so crazy-goofy-adorable! I’ve really fallen in love with their uniqueness over the years and am so looking forward to finally being able to add more of these little personalities to my collection. I’m really hoping Fairyland continues to grace us with even more unique expressions in the future.:)

20. From my experience ... THEY decide what they are! My avatar is of DHS Christmas Elf and thought she was going to be
      a he, but nope ... she's a SHE!!!