1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Realpuki discussion - part 20

Apr 5, 2020

1. excited to see everyone's obi's when they arrive :) He's so cute but not right for my character so I will just enjoy seeing photos instead

2. What a lovely picture! Is any of these beauties your favorite one?

I got addicted to resin beauties only a few years ago. Since then I tried to get new releases and thought that I have plenty of time to get some Realpukis and Pukipukis... and then they were not available. I also hope that old sculpts will be available at some point. There are so many I would LOVE to have.

3. Thanks, Lemon Balm Sprite! After taking their photos all day, none are my fave right now, lol!!!

4. Sounds like cuteness overload!:)

I have a question about painting resin parts. Obi comes with shoes, stag beetle helmet, beetle carapace wings... what is the best way to paint it? Do I need a primer? Can I use acrylic paints?

5. such a lovely photo. Your scenes are always great to see and such fun :)

Lol I can imagine. During my work day 4 children under 2 yrs old aren't always listening so it can be interesting trying to get things sorted!

6. Aw, thank you, Booksandtea!!!

Lemon Balm Sprite, I searched in DOA, but my question probably wasn't specific enough. I googled 'how to paint fairyland shoes' and found a video for painting Fairyland Steampunk shoes, which does use a sealant first, then acrylic paint.

7. Unbelievable how much information and how many tutorials are available for face ups. And almost nothing about painting resin accessories.
      El BJD, thank you for suggesting that video. I found it and it was very helpful. Thank you so much!

8. @Lemon Balm Sprite - You probably found what you needed in the video, but here's what I do. I always use a sealant on any resin I am going to paint. But even before applying sealant, I always clean the part carefully. I have had occasions over the years with color not sticking to resin, not overall but just here and there. I think it has to do with whatever release agent the dollmaker used to get the doll (or parts) out of the mold. So my process is clean with acetone (or whatever product you use to remove old faceups), wash with soapy water, spray on sealant (Mr. Super Clear or other brand), then paint. I use pastels or acrylics. You can use anything so long as it's not oil based.

9. Congratulations! What color did you get?

I ordered gray on May 29 but didn't get a notice.

10. Thank you very much! I'm sure you saved me from a lot of frustration and disappointment. I really appreciate all your tips and great suggestions. I already have Mr.Super Clear at home. Now I need my Obi and less humid weather.

I ordered full package in natural skin

11. Here he is, my Realpuki Obi. He arrived today and is still a little bit shy.
      He looks much better in real life than on pictures. I have to admit that I was positively surprised by this little guy. He has cute and somewhat sweet expression. But I would like it better if his mouth was softer pink.
      [​IMG]

12. He is cute though!

13. Congratulations @Lemon Balm Sprite! I can't wait to see what sort of personality emerges when you get him dressed and wigged.

14. Oh he is so cute! :) His personality will come out soon I think. He already looks like he feels at home. I bet you will have so much fun with him.

15. Thank you all for your kind comments.

I'm very indecisive person. If there is more than one option available it takes me forever to make a choice. Ironically I picked Obi gold over silver right away even thou I prefer silver color. Something about beetle and gold & turquoise combination was irresistible for me.
      When I opened Obi's accessories box today unexpected problem appeared. His helmet, wings and shoes are made of clear resin. They are so beautiful and clean and pure! So tiny and detailed. Seems like they are made of pure glass or ice. Just like they appeared from fairytale. They would be perfect for winter scenery! I feel bad even thinking about paint and brush.

So, it looks like Obi's personality is going to be completely different from what I had in mind when I ordered him.

I'm so happy that FairyLand created new RealPuki and after years of waiting I was able to buy this little cutie.

16. Oh he is so sweet!

17. @Lemon Balm Sprite Oh wow! What a magical little guy he is! Congratulations on this mystical little one’s arrival.:) He’s certain to bring you great joy. I‘m truly looking forward to seeing how his personality develops, and who he decides to become.

18. Thank you!

He already found a new friend and together they were greeting a newly born butterfly
      [​IMG]

19. Now that's magic!

20. Simply marvelous photo!