1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Realpuki discussion - part 20

Apr 5, 2020

1. Looking forward to seeing Pocca. Any idea when he will arrive?

2. When I asked on the FB group a few weeks ago, I was told that the unpainted were going to ship in 2 weeks, so about now, one hopes.

3. Denver Doll just posted they have some Obis in stock.

4. Whoohooo! I've been checking the site daily & just placed my order. I am so excited to be adding to my RP family. They are the only dolls I collect & I was so bummed when I missed them before; hurray for DDE!
      Now keeping my fingers crossed that FL will open up on the old sculpts so I can get an Ara.

5. Glad you snagged an Obi!

6. Thank you!! I actually broke the bank & snagged 2. Feeling a little greedy, but I really want to try to mod one & shorten the teeth some. I'm not confident in my abilities so want a back up.

7. I got my Obi unpainted so I could try to mod the teeth as well. We'll see how that goes, maybe during the quiet after Christmas! DDE has layaway which I've always appreciated! :)

8. @antissa @El BJD If you mod the teeth, PLEASE post photos! I'll bet your customized Obis will be darling!

9. Let's hope so! I haven't done any major mods before, but I now have the supplies. :)

10. @El BJD I'm excited to see how yours turns out. I went with blanks too.
      I actually have a few others that have been patiently waiting (for several years) for me to try my hand at face ups. I prefer a more natural look & didn't like the bolder coloring of some of FL's work. I think this new addition is the push I need to get started.

@Answer42 will definitely share...assuming I don't make a mess of things!!

DDE is on the ball...I already received my shipping notice :D

11. I've done a few faceups but on Realfee size faces and slightly larger, not RP. I used mostly pastels, which I found easier to control than paint, but I only have 6 pastels that I bought individually rather than a whole box; now I need more. I have more than a few now waiting for a faceup!

12. Happy you were still able to get the Obis @antissa . I too keep hoping the old sculpts....and more new ones...will soon be available. Looking forward to seeing the face ups & toofer mods you & @El BJD do!

13. My green eyed cuties are here! They are so precious, it's going to take some time for me to work up the nerve to try to mod. Eek! I tried a face up once years ago on a Soso & the poor thing looked like a clown (not the look I was aiming for). I've got my work cut out for me.
      [​IMG]
      They shipped so fast & FL has really upped their game; basic with no faceup & they still came with fabric pouches. They are both strung quite tight, but pose better than any of my previous RP.

14. They are so cute @antissa ! I can’t wait to see them when you’ve done the modification & face ups.

15. Very cute, antissa! I read all I could find on doing faceups, plus saved the best tips so I could read them again and again. Plus I used to do makeup at home parties many many years ago, so didn't find simple faceups to be too hard. The key is if you like it, spray it with MSC then you don't need to start over if you don't like the next steps. And since I was only using pastels, it was easy to wipe or erase using an artist eraser.

16. Thanks for the kind words & encouragement @Jonlyn & @El BJD! I've been watching all sorts of doll videos on youtube for tips & inspiration. I plan to do some practice work this weekend. I either figure it out or start saving up for commissions...which means less funds for any future RP & I don't like that idea!!

17. There's also a lot of good info right here on DOA. Hopefully, it'll be fun for both of us!

18. Congrats @antissa ! I'm looking forward to seeing them when they are completed. I just love Obi's little teeth. I like him so much I had to snag a tan basic one (to keep my gray one company) as well when I saw DDE had them in stock. I'm hopeless where these little guys are concerned.
      [​IMG]The Halloween Spirit by wizgerg3, on Flickr

19. Yay, @JinCIncy! I was hoping for a Halloween photo post and you made my day!
      THANK YOU!

20. Thank you @JinCIncy!
      Your little one is adorable. I love the striped pants.