1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Realpuki discussion - part 20

Apr 5, 2020

1. I agree with @PoeticSoul: Realpukis are more fairylike than Pukipukis. PP's body sculpt is more childlike, thicker and less detailed. I have the good fortune to have both. I like them both. The face-plates and hands are interchangeable even though PPs are half a head taller. (RPs are about 3.5 inches tall and PPs are about 4 inches tall.) Both sizes will work well with most 1/12 scale items but some items might seem too big. I'm okay with most bigger dollhouse items since RPs are fairy-like and PPs are child-like.

Last night, I finished knitting a toy bat for my RP vampire Aki. Despite my best efforts, the bat was too big next to the RP body. I put the vampire face-plate on a PP body and now it's okay. Phew!

I'd like to add: there's no wrong way to enjoy your bjds, whether you're a "glass case in dim lighting" kinda person or a "take them out with you every day" person. Enjoy your bjds the way you want to. These are not museum pieces. Some will fade or yellow with or without sunlight exposure, etc. Please enjoy them and have fun.

#621 Answer42, Dec 27, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    2. I love this, thanks for the reminder! I've never been one to leave something mint in box, and with everything in life actually prefer getting things second hand or used (because inevitably I'm going to ding it anyways). I'm so tempted to get the tan obi, I just don't want to make an impulse purchase. But on the other hand I'm afraid he'll sell out completely1

3. I have both Real Pukis and Puki Pukis, and one of my Puki Pukis (doll in my avatar) is the one I take places with me. Since he's more child-like than fairy-like the magnets in his wrists and ankles are bigger, so his hands don't get knocked off as easily as my Real Pukis some times do. But I got my first Real Puki 7 years ago, so they might use stronger magnets now. And my Real Pukis have company face-ups, while Leon (the Puki Puki) has an amateur's one I did, and I don't protect him very well when I put him in my purse.

4. Is here someone who waits for a new preorder period for Realpuki too? I want a Roro so bad :/

5. Yes @vanori , I think there are many of us waiting & hoping for the release of Real Pukis again. Roro is on my want list also but I’m hoping for new sculpts as well. 2020 has been such a difficult year, it would be wonderful to start a new year with new RPs!

6. @vanori and @Jonlyn I’m hoping for a rerelease of Toki, or any new sculpt! Fingers and toes crossed!

7. [​IMG]

@kurogane I regretted not ordering sweet Toki when he was available but was lucky enough to find one to adopt a while ago. If FL ever produces him again I would definitely get another to be Oakley’s twin sister.

8. @Jonlyn awww, your Toki is so adorable! Here’s to hoping we both get our wish!

9. Is here someone with realpuki Roro and Titi? I would love to see a icture of the side by side =)

10. I wrote Fairyland about the next preorder for Realpuki. They answered me there are no plans for future ordering periods for Realpuki at the moment :(

Now i'm on the hunt for a secon hand Roro =)

11. That’s disappointing to hear. Hope you find your Roro @vanori

12. Thank you very much @Jonlyn. =)

13. Oh no, that is just sad .

14. Sometimes simple is not easy!
      I thought a "Sylvania Family" vest pattern could be quickly altered for Realpuki. Hah!
      ...but sometimes stubbornness pays off - hours and hours later!
      I posted 5 variations of this vest in the Workshop: Patterns: Sewing section.
      Phew! Glad it's done!
      [​IMG]

15. @Ruthiepooh , share your disappointment that our precious little RPs may not be produced again.

Super cute vest @Answer42 . Lots of work but great results!

Keebler is thrilled with our new raven....

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

This is WAY out of season but Realpuki Aki couldn't wait to show you her new stuffed toy!

Knitting info: With a free Ravelry pattern: Cloudy the Bat by Esmerelda P. Jones, I used Ginnie Thompson flower thread and U.S. #0000 (1.25mm) knitting needles. I swapped the head for the body and simplified the wings. The connected feet make a great handle.
      I hope to post Aki's dress pattern soon in the DoA Workshop.
      In the meantime, Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

17. [​IMG]
      I just posted this knitting pattern in the Workshop: Patterns: Knitting. It's the same pattern as Aki's above.
      My Realpukis can't wait for spring!

18. So cute @Answer42 ! I have an Aki too, and she thinks grey dresses and bats are always in season! And so are dark colors-
      [​IMG]Kali has new clothes

19. @Leo Pheonix Good point! No pastels for Aki!
      Our Akis always blink when we take their photos, huh?! :XD:
      Happy March!

20. [​IMG] My new Realpuki Obi came in today and I LOVE him.
      PS: Yall kinda mean for coming at his teeth like that lol
      Pin on Cute stuffs