1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Realpuki discussion - part 20

Apr 5, 2020

1. Just saw your message! sorry to respond so late. YES! oh my gosh that new tiny tiny is ridiculous! It looks like you'd want a bunch of them just flitting around! But I do have a question and was about to look for an answer in the forum and since it sounds like you have CCC fairies I thought I'd ask you first. I bought two from the company and one on ebay. The woman on ebay had put pipe cleaner through the stringing to give her more poseability. She says only use the old kind of pipe cleaner because the craft ones today are too thick. I haven't attempted anything yet. Have you found anything works well for their tiny, floppy little bodies and heavy heads? They're so adorable and SO challenging. Thanks for any insights and hope to see pics sometime.

2. @SummerCabin yes, they do tend to be very difficult to pose because most are floppy & as you mentioned, their heads are big. I don’t know anything about pipe cleaners but a friend who is a very talented miniature artist did wire one of mine for me. I watched & it wasn’t all that difficult. He just used a piece of very fine wire, pulled on the offending joint , pushed one end of the wire into the upper limb, then pulled the other direction & inserted the other end. It really stabilized the joints. Sadly, my first firefly who is one of my first bjds & is from the first release, is in pieces! Poor things elastic just completely fell apart. I’m not brave enough or skilled enough to even attempt restringing her. Hope to have another friend get her back together soon but this virus has put everything on hold. I will take some pics of my other Firefly & my wonderful fairies & Squees by Donny with some of my RPs so I can post them here.

3. ccc and donny both are going to have a very tiny tiny new one. I just sold most of my realpuki's and just kept my little pupu and roro on pukipuki body. I think realpuki is already tiny to me, but the tiny tiny makes my hands itch because I could make a 1:24 dollhouse or room for them..feels challinging:) I had a fidelia and others in the beginning but sold them all to musestar because her steve wanted a firefly so badly and charles stopped for a while, it still makes me sad that steve was killed in an accident and the firefly was with him and never found. I am afraid musestar(mechel) isn't alive anymore, her last post was in 2018 and she was very sick.
      but on the other hand I am glad I could make them happy with my fidelia and other ccc creatures,

4. Wow. Lots of tinies to look forward to. A good dollhouse challenge sounds like a good thing during all this shut down time. Thanks!

5. Oh no, poor Firefly in pieces! Thanks for the hint on just thin wire, I may try it or search around for the pipe cleaner- I wonder if the fuzzy would protect the resin or if it doesn't matter. I look forward to some pics! I've got to find a photo hosting site that I want to use since this one apparently requires off-site hosting. I'm working on it. :daisy

6. @wilkies , I always enjoy your beautiful pictures on Flickr. You have an amazing collection & I love how you style them. I remember how happy musestar & Steve were when they received your fireflies. It was very sad when Steve was killed & his little firefly was lost in the accident too. I haven’t heard any news about Mechel for awhile now but last I heard she was still living but very ill.
      It’s been so long since I’ve found any new tinies so I’m very happy so many new ones are finally coming. Is Charles doing a tiny fairy or one of his animals?
      @SummerCabin , there may be tutorials on various methods of wiring joints & other options for stabilizing joints. I should look for one on restringing as I have a lot of older dolls & I suppose it’s inevitable that they will all need it sooner or later. I am very happy with Flickr as a host site & it’s very simple to post pictures. I look forward to seeing your pics!

7. charles is doing a mini version of fidelia Friggy 5,5cm
      Charles' Creature Cabinet on Instagram: “ ✨‍♀️ ‍♀️ 4 …”
      so they are very tiny tiny, I have some micro tiny's from donny but I decided not to go for them. If there will be a new realpuki not sure if I want one....they can't make any cuter faces then there already are...I want something totally different, so I decided to get me a tiny 14cm alien:) I really love my 13 cm finch from donny love the little longer slim size, like the elfdoll girls

8. Thanks for the link @wilkies . She is so cute & so very tiny! I agree, Fairyland RealPukis are so cute, I’m very anxious to see if they come out with new sculpts. They’ve been very consistent with super cute faces so I’m pretty confident that I will love whatever they do.

9. While it would be great to have new sculpts, at this point I'll be overjoyed if only I can get some of the earlier sculpts I wanted.

10. Me too @vermont chick , me too! I would especially like funny little Sira ...is that right? The sassy little one sticking out her tongue anyway. I think I’d also like a roro. Titi is the one I’d really love but he was one of the limited editions.

Love these smiling faces!

[​IMG]

#90 Jonlyn, May 20, 2020
      Last edited: May 20, 2020
    11. @Jonlyn - I like Sira too, as well as her companion Ara, and Toki and Titi...the list goes on. :lol:

Love that photo!:aheartbea

12. @Jonlyn Your little ones are just adorable!! Love seeing both versions together!

I would love an Ara...……….if they do a reopening she is who I'm going to order first.

13. Thank you @vermont chick & @JinCIncy . Darling Ara is one of my very favorite sculpts too as you can tell by my avatar! The sculpt makes a darling boy or girl. I have 2, Teddy is my special little boy & Keely makes such a sweet little girl but there would definitely be room for a third.
      Really had to search for pictures of my Keely. Don’t know why she’s been so neglected. Time she gets new pictures taken.

[​IMG]

#93 Jonlyn, May 20, 2020
      Last edited: May 21, 2020
    14. @Jonlyn your photos of your amazing collection of little ones is always a marvel! They truly brighten my day.:)

And I finally finished little Morticia’s big companion, Hemlock. Now the two of them can hang out in the haunted forest together. (And of course, having given up and created a huge friend for her, Fairyland only THEN starts hinting that we may see more Realpukis in the future!) Well I say bring it on! Hemlock would love to have a whole gaggle of little ones to look after and protect.:)

[​IMG]

15. Somehow my realpuki thread notification stop showing up. Meantime there is many messages I have missed!

Where? Where are they hinting?!!

Hamlock and Morticia are so adorable ❤️

16. I bet she is a biscuit and jam monster! :)

17. Thank you @PoeticSoul . I really enjoy taking the pics & it’s so nice to hear that you enjoy them. We need more to smile about now more than ever. Love your little Mortician & her big friend Hemlock...yes, I’m sure Hemlock (great name!) would take very good care of a big group of RPs!

@LicorneDream , Fairyland has been responding to inquiries saying they do plan to produce Real Pukis again. I’m hopeful & getting excited because up until now the only thing they were saying was their production person was ill or badly injured. I don’t think they’ve ever said they intended to restart production until now . Yes, Keely does love jam, jelly, sticky sweets! Thanks for a great idea for new Keely pics!

18. Sweet Keely's dress is awesome, Jonlyn!!!

Your two look wonderful together, PoeticSoul! I rarely pose mine with the big kids, usually just the DreamHigh Studio House Elves or my FL Realfees from time to time. This is an old photo.

[​IMG]

19. Super cute pic @El BJD . Keely’s dress is old, from Willows Wardrobe. She made such cute things for the boys too but I don’t think she’s making anything anymore. Happy to have the things I do from her.

20. Thanks, Jonlyn!!! One of these days I'll attempt embroidery on my tiny knits! :)