1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Realpuki discussion - part 20

Apr 5, 2020

1. Hey, can anyone tell me if the Realpuki faceplate will go on any other doll?

I have been looking for a Realpuki Soso for ages and I've only found his faceplate for sale, so no body or headplate.

2. Quote from the Fairyland site: "Faceplates for Pukipuki can be put on RealPuki. Magic Items, head, wigs and outfits for Pukipuki can be used but may look too big. Realpuki faceplates can be put on pukipuki, but other parts and items may not work."

3. Don't you have to have a special head back for that though?

4. No, you're thinking of Realfee and Pukifee! I've tried the Pukipuki fp on a Realpuki head plate and vice versa many years ago. I can't find my Pukipuki right now to take pix, alas.

5. Oh - that's interesting - Now I want to go try my Realpuki heads on my Pukipukis!

6. Just for y'all, I tried trading Pukipuki and Realpuki faceplates. 2 PP faceplates snapped into an RP headback just fine but 2 RP faceplates didn't fit PP. I didn't try every PP/RP combo I could have, though.
      I have had trouble with a few RP faceplates not fitting RP headbacks! Not many but enough to be irritated about it. :| Maybe over time, something changes with RPs. (I don't own recasts, so that's not it.)

Anyhoo, I actually stopped by to show how I tried to stay cool in August by knitting an ice-and-snow dress for my Anubis RP with sparkly thread (which did not show up in the pic) and invisible thread (which kinda did)! Maybe better results next time!

[​IMG]

7. @Answer42 Oooooh! That turned out so nice!:) The use of sparkly thread and invisible thread is a lovely combo of textures, and I love the tiny beads at the hem…a lovely finishing touch!

8. @Answer42 are you going to start selling these wonderful creations?;)

9. I don't believe she can answer that without violating the rules about marketing in the threads.

10. @PoeticSoul Thank you!
      @Dollquest You are so KIND! and see below.
      @clochette Great reminder but the answer is no, so I think I'm safe! :XD:
      I posted a basic version of the above RP dress pattern for free on the free site Ravelry under "Dress for 3.3" BJD Doll".
      My free RP sweater pattern is under "Sweater for 3.3" BJD Doll".
      If you don't knit, another knitter might make one for you.
      Realpukis are SO CUTE, they're my knitting MUSE!

[​IMG]

11. Darling clothes @Answer42! Such tiny & perfect stitches.

This poor little girl still doesn’t have a permanent name. I don’t think it bothers her as long as she has a lollipop she’s perfectly happy!

[​IMG]

12. @Jonlyn She’s thoroughly precious! And so perfect with that lollipop too. Your photos are always so amazing…it gives me so much joy to see your crew of little ones. They’re spectacular!:D With her hair, she makes me think of a Marigold.;)

13. Thank you so much @PoeticSoul ! I love taking pics especially of my wee ones. Gives me joy to know that you enjoy them❤️

14. [​IMG]

When there are no new Real Pukis, sometimes a new wig helps ease the longing for a new doll. Keeley has always looked babyish to me, I think this darling wig makes her look like she’s growing up.

15. Oh yes! And it appears she certainly has her girly-girl priorities in their proper place!:lol:
      You’re right, this wig gives her much more of a grown up vibe. It’s a wonderful photo.

16. Keeley is so cute in her lovely outfit with matching bow in her hair! So sweet!

I was very exited to get my new realpukis (Soso) last April! Strangely, I somehow spent last summer taking pictures mostly of my old ones, my Obi duo. Here they are enjoying summer at its best
      [​IMG]

17. @Lemon Balm Sprite What a fantastic photo! I love it and they’re certainly in their element taking care of those peaches. Perhaps they’re thinking of making a peach cobbler.:) It’s amazing how different they look too…even though their sculpts and clothes are identical, their coloring gives each of them some real individuallity.

18. Has anyone here ever sanded the teeth off their Realpuki Obi?

I really want Realpuki Soso, but I almost never see him for sale and when I do, he always sells in a couple of hours and I just miss it.

I've found an awake and a sleeping faceplate, but don't know if I could hybrid them with anything. I only just found an Obi for sale, but I am not particularly fond of the teeth.

So I am wondering if it is possible to remove them?