1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

fallen out of love with your doll, but still want the character

Mar 27, 2007

1. All my dolls have preexisting personalities but they are a few that are going to evolve, grow up whatever you want to call it. I'm in the process of evolving my Obitsu male character into a resin body and head. I wanted im to grow a little more and be a bit sexier. For me, it was that I started with what I could afford,fell in love with it then wanted to grow them up a bit more. I found resin sculpts that come close to the look of the Obitsu original face. I found that Luts's Miyu is almost an excat copy of my Obitsu girl and Soom Godo is the way I want my Si'or to grow into. Their personalities won't change much just their bodies.

2. I was trying to fall in love with my Juri 05 head and I created a character, but I think a new mold for her coul be nice ^^U I hope the new owner of that juri 05 will give a best life like character than I tried to ^^U

Now, I find perfect mold for Nereiade mermaid, it was in front of me, waiting to be discovered XDDDD I can't wait for more for give the right mold to the chara.

3. its so comforting to hear all your stories. im gonna have to send a link of this page to my mother ^_^ she is the most against the hole thing. i repainted the girl to look as little like faye as i can but mom keeps trying to say that no matter what i do, that doll will always be faye. hopefully she will get used to fayes new face when i decide on which to get. (i do have to be carefull though.. it seems my over active imagination is trying to fill the now empty shell with a character named mia that i have never heard of before @_@

4. bump because this thread is encouraging

5. Sometimes it happens, I've sold one doll that didn't fit the character (and was called a bad doll owner to do so -.-) and bought a new one that suited him much better. Same thing happened with my "Three of Spades" group--Ryuen, Yukiro, and Zach (formerly DoD Si, Yen, and Too) all outgrew their MSD forms and now after I move in a couple years I will be bringing them home again, this time as an SD-size and I am very much looking forward to it. Their ages and personalities haven't changed they're still the same, they're just going to be in a form more fitting to them and to their relative positions in my (ever-changing) crew.

6. The title may sound cheesy but...

I have a Dollshe Husky, Kazuo, and I've had him for about a year now. He used to be THE doll for me, my love, and I showed him off all the time. We could be up speaking all night... you know, just as you do with your beloved dolls. But now he's been on the shelf for a while. Why? Because... It feels like he's leaving his body. I don't know why but Kazuo's soul is slowly, but surely, leaving his old resin body. He's still himself, and I still do talk to him and feel protected by him, but the doll on the shelf is just a doll.

Now I'm considering selling him and buying a new doll (a girl this time). Husky isn't a limited doll and I feel like I should let him do what he wants. If he wants to come back as a new doll later, then I'm sure he'll tell me...

What do you think?

7. I don't see my dolls as having their souls leave them, I see it more as an issue with me, as the owner - falling out of love or interest for the doll, or possibly perhaps after a while having it, realizing it's not the right mold/embodiment for the character I want?

It's an interesting way of stating the feeling you are having though.

8. I'm not someone who sees my dolls as having souls at all; just resin representations of my characters. I think souls are things solely attributed to things that are alive and are able to make decisions.

For some of them I've gotten a mold that's as close to my mental image of my character as is possible. If a mold comes out that's closer, I'll trade up to that more than likely. If they ever make a Minifee Elf Chiwoo, for example, my Minifee Chiwoo gets traded in and I buy that one instead.

So honestly, if I was feeilng that a doll didn't suit my character anymore I'd just start hunting for one that did. I'd sell the doll that no longer worked for me and use the funds from that to buy the doll I wanted. On the DoA marketplace this is a pretty easy thing to do, fortunately. "Liquidating," so to speak.

9. I think you should do what you want, not what you think your inanimate doll wants.

10. omg this is exactly what i ment. i always felt like my dolls have souls of sorts, and although i loved the twingkey, i couldnt get faye to stay in it, like trying to get a struggling cat into a little pet jacket. so tho i still liked the doll, i love faye, and would much rather see the doll go than her. so iv sold it and am saving up to get the shiwoo. i hope it works better for her. i love that mold:)

11. I had a problem similar to this but rather, I fell out of love with the character, so out of love with the doll as well ;__;
      The other dolls based off my beloved characters get alot more attention than him so it makes me feel guilty sometimes. Especially since he was a gift to me~! It feels terrible selling a gift...

I'ld be too attached to sell him but I'll still try hard to find a new character for him~

12. A lot of people reincarnate their dolls, get them a "new shell," etc. It happens all the time. I've never done it because I don't really get dolls to make my characters so much as give characters to my dolls. It wouldn't be out of the question for me, though.