1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Falling for Tiny Elfdoll Dodo all over again...

Oct 28, 2007

1. You have to change the whole head. It's a reminisce head.

I personally would order either tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. They don't say *when* on the 13th, and you have to subtract the time difference. Noon on the 13th in Korea is 11pm in NYC/8pm in California on the 12th.

2. Noooooooooooo.... say it ain't sooooooooo !!!.....

I thought that she'd change expressions like you can change the Hana size doll faceplates!!!

(I really cringe when it comes to changing a doll's head. )

3. I am so excited. I just put her on layaway. I didn't want to miss her. Thanks clochette and gg for your support.
      I was able to do so, by knowing now. I can get the 30 percent within 7 days time. Yipeee!!! I guess Hana has to wait longer.
      Oh, well....

4. Until we get our DoDos... reposting some pics of her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Yea, Teryl! Thanks for the super cute photos.
      :)
      Is that her original release and original face up?
      She sort of looks like she is a bug, in a very good way. lol Very large eyes.
      I like it.
      It's funny how you have Kai with the smallest eyes, and Dodo with the largest.
      :aheartbea

6. Yes, I agree... she looks a bit bug-eyed!! LOL!!

This is how she came to me from her previous owner. I think her eyebrows must have been enhanced.

Here is DoDo with an Elfdoll original faceup: CARRIE's DODO PICTURE, not mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sleepingelf/2604069816/

7. lol! That is a fabulous photo in the link. Very close up. Thanks. Love the lips.

8. Here's a few of Shortie...from what I understand, this is her original faceup and eyes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. yeah this is the orriginal
      [​IMG] and this is the new one [​IMG]
      love her ..she is so delicate

10. Yea, great to see.
      :)

I see today that Dodo is now officially SOLD OUT on the website.

11. Wonder how many were in this edition???

12. th1 - I agree I wonder how many actually bought her?

I was looking at my original post and wow! Its been since 2007 when I wrote about wanting her released again...boy has time
      flown!! but when I think about it now, it wasn't soo painful...I kept busy with too many other things to let it bother me^_~

But I must say its wonderful when things finally work out for us^_~ LOL! hugs, gg

13. I am glad it has worked out for you gg.

I wonder how many have ordered her too. She is on a loooooooong layaway for me. I hope I can get her by the fall or my birthday or something.

Does anyone happen to know if you can cancel a order with Elfdoll on layaway at any time and get a refund of the layaway amount?
      Does anyone know if you can transfer funds from one layaway to another one and cancel that order?
      I wonder if I should cancel my Hana order because I did not count on having to get Dodo now.
      Just curious. I don't know if I would do any of this. I know I can ask Elfdoll.

14. I keep checking Elfdoll to see if my status has changed.

Waiting for it to change to say "ON SHIPPING" !!!

15. lol me too ..Im waiting for DingDing ..Lati Vampires and my Dodo
      sigh

you know doesn't matter how long you do this ...the waiting never gets any easier LOL

16. I know... why don't they make up the dolls ahead of time, instead after getting the orders!! ??? (grrrrrrrrrrr)

I'm also waiting for my 2 Limhwa Sara girls to arrive (27 cm dolls).
      ============

17. I agree, being patient is always the hardest-_-; I'd love to see if anyone got there's yet!! hugs to all, gg

18. I am wondering if Rainman will sell them again after this...I still really want one :)

19. You know, I also wonder about this. I mean, it's not like you get to order anything custom on them, normally it's just faceup/no faceup. It's not like FCS, where you're commissioning a specifically tailored doll. Especially on limited releases and special editions, why don't they build stock prior to the sale rather than afterward....they should know they're going to sell a certain amount of them (or they wouldn't be releasing that mold), why not get ready for that? One would think they'd want to get product into the hands of buyers more quickly, since owner pictures and feedback often do much more to sell a doll than the company website. It wouldn't take much, even if they had just the initial dozen orders or so ready to go.

It's never made much sense to me.

20. ok my DingDing made it ...a whopping wait or 3 days to ship ..how cool is that

now Im wondering how long its going to be now .for my Dodo ..not that Im NOT USED TO WAITING lol

can anyone actually read the writeing on the Dodo pictures ...I cant make it out at all

and why dont they make the dolls up before the sale ?

simply because they dont have to carry stock

if you carry stock you always get left with 1 or 2 ...or several LOL
      SO THIS WAY ..if they get orders for 100 Dodo . thats all they have to make , no dolls left over :)