1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Family member finding doll clothes in the mail...

Aug 21, 2008

1. You didn't do anything wrong, it's just a bit similar to the other topics on negative family members. I've read them all, and the only real solution to this is time. My parents are going to get used to this over time, I'm sure your Grandpa will get over it in time too. It's just waiting is so hard when you get negative comments all the time.

2. i'm rather content with calling my mother a hypocrit behind her back and hiding my dolls, when she calls me out on it. i call her out on hers and threaten to tell my dad. :) black mail works wonders for my situtation.

and for the op'er i hope you get good at hiding, or send things to your freinds. :) i do both or when it arrives at my house and i get caught i say it's my friends who lives in apartment in a bad neiborhood. if you want a nice way to hid the dolls a little more openingly if you dress the dolls simularly they might get passed as each other. (my dad thought my 70cm and my msd were the same doll, and they had nothing similar not even size) and he thinks all my tinies are kellys. to do that though you'd have to move them around one at a time. :) carry one in your arms for outings and stuff the other in a bag. :) if you'd like other nice tricks for hiding dolls pm me i'm very skilled at it. :)

3. I'm impressed! Were you a ninja in a past life?!?!

My plan for my largest doll, my Souldoll Hye, was to get her sent to my boyfriend's university address, but I have $25 left to pay and I really want her to come to my house first :( If I was to have her sent to my boyfriend's I'd have to string the last payment out a bit more, to give me time to make sure I have his uni address down properly. It's probably still worth doing that anyway, actually... *thinks* I have a padded yoga bag that's 61cms long inside, so I think I can add extra padding and have it house my Hye securely so I can transport her home after I pick her up. It's just I like welcoming my dolls to my home officially, so it will be weird to do the dolly welcome a few days later.

When I'm not playing with Hye, she's going to have to live in the yoga bag in the back of my wardrobe or be unstrung after playtime, so she'll get used to living in the dark.

4. i have a walk in closest with shelves so i've put them in there when i know my parents are coming up stairs that way they have a little space. and just toss a shirt or two on top for cover it looks messy a bit but my parents aren't going to pick them up.

5. Well, is it your money?

6. Ha ha that's why I'm completely not worried about when my doll comes home. Sure I hid that I bought her and will probably not tell them the proper price but I'm 19 *shrugs* I just live in their house and eat their food and stuff . I've also got the 'you ordered xbox live/world of warcraft for my brother. I'm paying for it sooo shh.' argument ha ha. If they yell I'll just be like ":/ kay, goin' to play with my doll nao bai." :roll:

7. MY husband shakes his head at my wanting to collect them, but very firmly believes that if I want to save up my monthly spending money to spend on dolls, I'm more than welcome to, so long as bills get paid, food and diapers bought first. My dad agrees that I'm old enough to spend my money how I want (of course, I was RAISED that I could spend MY money on what I wanted, even when it was allowance money FROM my parents. If I wasted it, I just couldn't complain about it!) My only REAL worry is my mom-in-law...I've been taking a friend's dolls to her place with me when we go up for he day to work on sewing for them...so hopefully she'll be used to them enough to not ask uncomfortable questions once I own my own...as she's have a TOTAL fit at the price of them...She STILL yells at my husband for spending money every few MONTHS to play MAGIC, which is FAR cheaper than these lovely dolls. He's 27, I'm 25...we live in a house that I put up the LARGE down payment for (though it's in my sister's name, as she had the good credit along with a job when we bought the place) with my dad in his 'apartment' in the back to help with bills and the house payment while my sister's in school. But apparently, our money is HER business, no matter how well we're doing. Some parents just can't let go...

Really, remind your grandfather that you are there to HELP them, not because you have no choice, but because you LOVE them and that your money, and your hobbies aren't really his business and that the dolls are something for yourself while you spend so much of yourself in helping THEM, instead of being able to live like most younger people your age do. It's a bit of a guilt trip...but it sounds like he maybe needs something like it, or a good kick in the pants, to show him that while you do for them, and help them, you need SOMETHING for yourself, too.

8. I'm sorry, this is probably extremely blunt and rude. But your grandfather is an ass. :/ If he throws away something you payed for, you can call the cops on him. It's technically stealing. Or just take it out of the trash when he's not looking at the very least...

Seriously, sit down with him and have a serious talk about the fact that he's being a JERK. Ask him how he would feel if someone cussed him out for showing an interest in a certain hobby.

Personally, I've never had anyone be mad at me for doll stuff.. mostly because my family is very accepting of my personal beliefs and hobbies.

(By the way, threads that have to do with a personal matter like this get locked. It doesn't count as a discussion if it's just about your own problem. Maybe add some questions for other users to discuss, and add their own stores as well~)

9. I'm 20 years old. I live at home with my parents, pay no rent, and work a full time job.
      Every time I even mention that I have a box/package coming in the mail, my mother instantly glares at me and says, "What? Another doll!?"
      Mind you? I'm twenty. I have my own job, my own money, my own bank account. She doesn't make me pay bills--and if she did, god knows I'd pay them.
      What I dont get is that I spend my money--not her's!--on what interests me...and she throws a fit.

So, chiiruchan, I know exactly how you feel. My current fear is that my CP Harang is going to arrive...and my mom will mistake it for one of her packages only to open it and then...break him. She has anger issues--probably not as severe as your grandfather's--but I completely understand.

The only thing I can recommend... sign him into a nursing home. D:

10. My family isn't big on it, either. *hugs* It'll be okay. Thats why,. when my friend goes to make an order, I do too, and combine the order. That way I know it safely is shipped osmewhere, and no one will find it...^-^

11. My mom doesn't mind, she likes Davey. My sister doesn't mind either. My brothers never around... I honestly don't think he's even SEEN Davey even though I've had her for six months.
      My dad is the only who doesn't like her. But he only gets angry when I take her places with us. Like shoping or when I take her for pictures.

~Chaos :daisy

12. I'm sorry... but I'm gonna have to agree with this

13. This is the exact reason I'm having my new Bobobie March Shipped to my college instead of my home. Lol, I may have to wait a little longer to see her but it is worth the hassle. I'm 21 and in college and my parents think that I shouldn't be spending my money on anything but college. I worked a full time job over the summer, and I think I should be able to spend my money how I want. But to avoid a lecture, a lot of screaming and anxiety and maybe getting kicked out of the house, I will hide my Bobobie and continue to let my mother believe that my friend bought Moth for me and she only cost $150 XD What she don't know won't hurt either of us :roll:

14. that is so not right! You could be doing alot worse things. My father can't figure me out either, he calls them the brides of frankenstein. :evil: I makes me so sad I want to cry when he says that! How could anyone call them that??? They are so cute! Don't give your dolls up just because grammps can't understand. Your heart wants what it wants and there is nothing wrong with collecting BJDs.
      Last Tuesday mum and I went doll shopping and we had to literally sneak them into the house while he was watching TV. So far he has not found our dolls, yep, mum has many too! But she has her own room and shuts the door. I find something really wrong with having to hide my dolls. I have to hide them again when my brother comes into town tonight! Just hang in there! PM me if you need to talk!:)

15. I just love your Pukis pink hair! I am waiting on mine!

16. my mom used to freak out but then she saw me puting most of thme up for adoption here and getting what i paid or more for them. she isn't happy about it, but i've got my brother and my dad wathcing hte door when i'm not and thankfully she knows that i sew and make odds and ends for people so if i'm caught i say it was a trade XD

17. lol it really helps if you say you traded something from another hobby that they hate more XD told my parents i traded comic books for a doll once. what they didn't know was i bought the comics to trade them lol.

18. I'm lucky, I'm married and have my own home. But for some reason some of my mail still winds up at my parents (we lived with them while saving for the house). They are really good about it, but Dad says he's going to start charging a signing fee for having to run to the door to sign for all the packages, since everything coming from China requires a signature. When Kitsune arrived he was in a little box, being a tiny he's way smaller than the other dolls. My mom signed for him and figured it was a big box of clothes. But my dad was teasing me when I got there that morning that he could hear a tiny voice inside the box saying "help me" but he wasn't going to let me have it till Christmas. But of course he was just kidding. I paid for him after all. I know my parents think it's weird, but they don't realy care. I think my mom prefers it to my other hobby, tattoos are permanent.

19. Maybe you should get a p.o. box that would help with them not getting into your mail. It is less convienant but then you wouldn't have to worry about a doll being thrown. They don't really cost that much for a year in bjd doll terms.

I'm not sure having a friend or boyfriend as a mail drop is the best idea what happens if you break up with stuff on the way?

Good luck!!

20. man... that's kinda rude of your grandfather..... for me... i feel your pain because my mother is just like that.... cept she's a control freak and a psycho.... so i live in constant fear that she'll just up and sell my boys like she does alot of my things.... as for when they arrive... all my money for my dolls goes into a seperate joint bank account i opened with my best girlfriend it's like our anime convention/doll/spending money account and the paypal it's linked to is under her name but my addy so i can easily just pass of that it's her stuff and not mine... that and because i change my boy's clothes and hair and eyes weekly or monthly my sister swears i have new dolls but i just say no i changed his look and they never know when a new one arrives....