1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Family member finding doll clothes in the mail...

Aug 21, 2008

1. Lol yea! And it's not just boxes, I get little envelopes quite frequently when I'll order just a wig or an outfit for one of my Latis and I can just imagine him sitting in his mail truck squeezing it and holding it up to the light, trying to see what's in it. He just makes me nervous. Am I the only one with a creepy, overly nosy mailman?

2. my mailman isn't nosey. D: He just acts like a big grump every time he has to carry something to my door. :sweat

3. Yea I know what you mean! They really don't like getting out of their cushy trucks do they.

4. I feel for you, thats pretty creepy!!

too bad you can't smart off and tell it is drugs (really bad idea)

5. My mailman is nice. I think he's amused that I get so many packages from overseas, and I'm so excited to recieve them. :sweat

6. in the US

I know that if you are over the age of 18 then your mail is your mail and no matter who opens it it is considered mail fraud and if perused can result in up to a 5 year prison sentence. I am not sure if that applies to minor's mail as well

Even if it doesn't that is something that can be brought up next time anyone's parent opens up mail without permission.

7. for this and anyone else posting replies similar, yes you can do that. if you want to find a new place to live real quick. cause the first time you call the cops on your parents for any reason or threaten too, i'm pretty sure they will tell you hit the road, go find a new place to live.

8. I'm lucky since whenever I get a package or an envelope they're just left on the table. My family members just tells me that I've got mail and that's about it. Only once I told my mom to get my package from the post office, 'cause I was at work and didn't get out early enough to visit the post office to get it myself. My mom's pretty much okay with me ordering dolls, as long as I pay for them with my own money and remember that I need money for living also. I really love my mom for being so understanding. <3

9. My parents are fine with it but the only thing is they don't know how much the dolls cost they would really FREAK out, but hey its my money and I don't live with them lol.

10. My hubby is pretty cool with it. I only spend money that I make off the hobby on the hobby. My normal paycheck never is spent on dolls. So, there's really no reason for him to be upset about it.

My mailman on the other hand has come to realize and accept that I am a mail-FREAK and get lots of packages. He knows they are dolls or doll-related now, and even chats a little bit while he's scanning things. At first he sucked though...and I know that one time he left the package notice without coming to the door. :evil:

But now we're cool. :)

11. I wouldn't know. Ours throws things at the door and runs away. If you're lucky he'll cover up the package with your welcome mat or some lawn clippings.

12. I collect Living Dead Dolls too and at one time I'd ordered a few in a short time and the mailman asked what was in them. My Mum who answered the door told him they were 'dead people' so now whenever I get a dolly package the mailman jokes that I have ordered more dead people XD

13. I`m so glad I live from home (and done so since I was 16) so I dont have to worry. Doubt I will get any reactions either because my dad orders from eBay for grands every month... Considering, I got the CHEAPEST hobby in the family. Oo

14. My mom told me the other day that my grandma would be proud, because she loves doll but her kids (mom) played in the creek all day and caught frogs.

15. Nope, my parents don't say anything about the doll stuff I get in the mail. When I'm not home, I always find the package sitting unopened on my bed (unless of course, something in there belongs to another member of my family too). It has been really nice, ever since I turned 14 and got my own job they thought I was adult enough to use my money however I wanted. After all, it IS my money. XD

Our mail man was really nice, but sort of nosey. XD He quit though, and now we have a mail woman who I never met before, but she is VERY slow.

Our UPS guy is another story. He probably thinks we are the weirdest people and he ran away a couple times. :lol: But really, he just catches us at the wrong time. XD

16. My parents don't normally bother with the packages that come with me but because my paypal was once my mothers her name is with our address. And while I tell people in the message to address it to Kitsuna Ri rather than my mother some don't seem to pay attention. When this happens my mom usually just messes around with me by saying she got such a great package in the mail that had a cute little outfit for her or something like that. It's pretty amusing.

Though, there are times where my dad gets annoyed because he knows I'm spending money on my kids and does berate me from time to time but other than that they really just don't care. Granted, apparently our next door neighbors think we're drug lords because so many packages come to our house between me and my mother shopping for things online or in magazines! XDD

17. I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful family. Really... as much as my mother may drive me insane from time to time, I know that deep down she's just thinking about what's best for me (in regards to all things, not just dolls)

But when it comes to my doll hobby specifically, my parents are great really. They don't really care for the dolls themselves so much, but they get excited when I redo a faceup or break out the sewing machine. I've always enjoyed creative hobbies, so they just see my dolls as an extension of that. Everytime I finish a project I've been working on they make sure I e-mail pictures to the entire family.

I live at home (again) due to some roommate difficulties. But I try to show my parents I'm responsible. Have been having some financial difficulties due to a medical condition keeping me from holding down a steady job, so I haven't made any doll or other unnecessary purchases. They know that I'll only make doll purchases when I can reasonably afford it, therefore I don't get any grief from them about it :)

They know how many dolls I have and how much they cost. I'm old enough to not hide things from them. They tease me about the price sometimes, but then I point out how much Dad spends on cigarettes or Mom on wine :sweat

And at least I have something to show for my money ;)

18. maybe you should get a box at the post office...but I don't think they allow boxes exceeding a certain size in those =/
      my mom used to collect dolls, she likes pretty things XD
      so she gets me, my grandmother loves them D=
      you just have to deal with it, it won't always be so bad >.<

19. Here here! No dollie/stuff throwing while we're around :lol: :sweat

My grandmother isn't yelling at me about BJDs, but she does tells me (and my mother) that I shouldn't spend my money on them... My mother says "it's her money, let her do whatever with it". --what makes me so annoyed is that she came over and tried to sound interested in them and had me tell her all about them. What the stupidity of it was, I would tell her something, then a short while later she'd ask me a question i had answered a few good times, showing she was not paying attention :doh

20. That sounds JUST like my mom. But, I mean, at least they try, right? :sweat