1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasia Doll Elder/Senior Sizes

Mar 15, 2016

1. I've shelled this character before but most of her clothes have been claimed by other dolls! : D They'd be too small anyway. I do have some clothes and a wig ready, but am not sure what fits.

2. My dolls arrived today but am at works so just looked at one of the two. Both came in boxes with a girl pictured so hope Isaac is in there!! I got Vivian's sleepy head for free with Vivian full doll and heal feet with white pumps. Her hands and heals came detached so will try things out when I have time later. Arms do seem to be wired.

3. exciting! what skin tones did you order?!

4. I can understand that... But still, it's a bit relieving to see the posts here reporting the dolls are being delivered finally.
      Congrats! And thanks for the reportage, the doll seems to be perfect.

With regard to customs, I am curious - do you all have to pay VAT when purchasing a doll from Asia? Because in my country, I have to pay VAT as high as 21% of the price of the doll and customs duty on top of it, and the price in question is including the shipping fee :-(

5. :aeyepop: Wow I've never heard of that! In Canada we might have to pay a custom fee but it's very rare (at least for me) and usually is a very small amount. I think out of they many things I ordered in 2016 I may have payed a total of $50-80usd or so.

That's assuming they ship via regular mail. We have one shipping company, UPS, that charges insane customs fees, I've seen over 100% of the value. But it's not often companies use them, and I always request they send it through other means if they do.

6. I
      Thank you! And I'm the US here, which doesn't have any customs fees on doll products.

7. I'd gladly pay "only" 21% customs.... here it's 24%+4.7% (I just paid them, so ughhhhh)

But yeah, ransom paid - doll on the way yeah!

8. I recived my Vivianne today.

While the doll arrived safely I'm in a very foul mood. For months Fantasia has been promising me a replacement arm for Alice, which I ordered June 2016. The original arm arrived broken and very brittle.

Multiple times they promised to send the arm with Vivianne, in both emails and on their Q&A, and lo and behold it's not in the box.

It's so disheartening that I supported the company and stayed positive only to find out my Alice will still be missing an arm almost a year later. Now I have to try and contact them, which we all know is not easy right now, and wait even longer for he part. Ugh sorry for the small rant, I'm very upset. :pout:

9. And I thought things couldn't be worse... They apparently could :-(
      Now that's really disappointing! I still don't know what to think - while they make beautiful dolls, and some circumstances might have been against them past months... their reliability (i.e. FD) seems to be...somehow...:sorry

10. Isaac! I hope you post a pic...:love I ordered his sleepy head, though I'll have to wait more for mine. Even so, I'm kicking myself real hard for not getting his OE version too. Every time I visit the Fantasia website, I keep admiring him....XDDD

Ouch. That's a lot, o___o And I thought our country was bad enough with the added 12% VAT on top of taxes.

Happy box opening!

:doh Sorry to hear that, I'd be pretty upset about it too if it happened to me. They mentioned that they were going to give out compensations in May...maybe they can finally include it there? They need a dedicated English-speaking rep (again).

11. Glad your doll arrived safely! That does really suck, though, to still be left without an arm for your first doll. :horror: Also seconding @Valesca, maybe it will arrive with the compensation stuff later. Having to wait nearly a year for a replacement arm, though... :barf

12. This is the first time that I ever know that there're other countries where people have to pay taxes for their dolls. In my country(China), we don't have to pay for it all the time. However, randomly, we have to do. And the fee can be up to 25% of the price or even higher, because the dolls are recognized as luxuries. Therefore, I hope I'll have the good luck this time.

#332 sihua, Mar 29, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    13. [​IMG]

Isaac was in the other box and they sent me his sleepy eye head as a free gift in addition to the regular head I ordered him with so that was nice. He stands well righ out of the box. His arms and legs are wired but the elastic looks normal sized to me. The posing and joint functions well. I am probably going to give his body to a floating head that I have, as was my original plan for him.

14. @Therealwalter He's so handsome! <3 And so lucky you got his sleepy version too. :D

15. Fingers crossed! That's a strange thing, that sometime you have to pay and the other time not... but at least you can be lucky and grab the doll without paying anything more :-) Here doesn't matter whether it's a doll or other goods, it depends on the price (and the threshold for not having to pay taxes and VAT is VERY low), and what matters is that the stuff is from outside of EU. What seems to me unfair is this kind of dolls are not produced in EU, so I am definitely not threatening doll market here by purchasing outside EU... Or maybe I just don't understand the purpose of VAT :nowords:

He really is handsome!!! :D Even without eyes, wig, etc. he has a personality.

16. For protecting local companies? It is unfair in global marketing, but... there's nothing we can do, right?:(Well, I find what I said may cause misunderstanding. In fact, we have to pay VAT for everything we buy according to the law. However, the custom stuff don't check every package, they just check part of them.;)

17. He's handsome! Please post more pictures later!:love

18. Congrats on everyones safe arrivals!
      Well, Fantasia has yet to answer my email or QA board question I sent last week, but from the looks of things, they're sending the normal skin dolls first. I ordered tan skin so that may be why she's taking longer.

19. one of mine is tan too - that's my guess!

20. I always wonder how mail gets delivered in the old days with just a name, a city and a country as the address. Essentially that's what happened with my Jin and Henry heads - and near miraculous I think, considering my mailing address is in downtown Chicago. They're here though, and they're still near twin hotties. ^^ (and the packaging looks kinda fancy).

[​IMG]