1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasia Doll Elder/Senior Sizes

Mar 15, 2016

1. Does anyone know what happened to the company? Were they just not making enough sales?

2. One guy was running it- he suffered a heart attack and could not continue. I think he was making too many sales for him to keep up. The stress was crazy for him.

3. Oh sweet goodness a heart attack! He made it out right? he could totally still sell them out to someone else...wish there was a way to contact to him, send him the best regards and encourage him to pass the molds down to someone else, because they're totally beautiful

4. I had exchanged a few emails with him as I had an open order with him (as did many) and I asked if it was safe to send him more money for my dolls. Bless his heart, he actually shipped me the dolls before full payment and I paid him the remainder as soon as they were received. But he told me what happened and it sounded like he was so exhausted and sick that he just washed his hands of it. I think it was too much for him to even try to sell them at that point as he was finishing the dolls and doing all the shipping and work himself. That was a few years ago now though- not sure he's even contactable at this point.

5. Actually maybe it would be a good idea to try? see if he's doing well and it's all okay? I mean I feel that eventually we're all a bit of a big family so i don't feel it wouldn't be that crazy to contact him and see how he's doing even more so if you talked about it for a while.
      Maybe after this time he would be able to sell the molds and allow someone else to take care of it while he takes care of himself.

6. I think the address is long since abandoned, but no harm in me trying!

7. I'm hoping that there're news of any kind coming from him and maybe sometime in the future, i can get my hands on my holy grail doll

8. I sent an email but don't hold your breath waiting, you know? He could be happily away from the severe stress of dolls forever.

9. I'm really curious what is the relation between this company and a company called April Story. The dolls have many similar points and I thought they were made by same person until I read April Story is apparently still in function (I just cannot access the site, until now I thought the company went defunct with Fantasia and they were the same person operating). Didn't Fantasia Doll stop producing because of health of the artist, which would render it unlikely that the same person would still be running this other doll company? Does someone here know more about whether these dolls actually had some link to Fantasia Doll? They seem like they were made by same artist, in a very different style only, and it would be very lovely to be able to get similar dolls.

April story dolls are completely different from Fantasia like they were made more cartoonish and less realistic, but they have same hand position for females, same system in changing feet and identical golden headplates, and the April Story dolls even have the little "hole" on the back of their neck that I have always wondered on my Fantasia Vivian. April story girls come with similar white freebie heel as Fantasia girls did, although the shoe is a different model it has same sole and heel type. The resin seems to be the same too, or at least it has a similar surface in photos. I really like April Story too and maybe I want to buy one second hand some day, I wonder if they are also wired as Fantasia dolls. The story between these two really fascinates me.

10. They may have used the same sculptor, much like it seems Amadiz is using a sculptor that also work at Iplehouse. The people who own the company and sell the dolls are not always the ones who do the sculpting, too, tho certainly that happens.

April Story is not wired like FanDoll. The health of the store/brand owner was the problem, not the artist. I think the two were not the same, but the owner was also the finisher of the dolls and his poor health was why the dolls were all so late and led to the closing of the store. At one time April Story was going to close and they sought new owners for their sculpts/molds, so the companies own those, but not necessarily the artist who made them.

11. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMJ!

12. Wow - welcome back, Fantasia! :dance

13. Yes! I'm a bit horrified because of the sums I spent to get two discontinued heads second hand just earlier this year, but this would hopefully mean I can finally collect the last grail on my list, Canary head without smile. I hope they do offer heads separately though, because I have a hybrid plan already.

14. Right there with you, vauhtikatti, on the sums for hard to find Fantasia heads, but really, I'm so glad to see this news. It seemed that Fantasia Doll has just gotten started when it closed down. These beautiful sculpts are definitely worth a second chance.

15. @mimi100 yes and I like their style so I hope to see more releases in the future in addition to these heads. I like how they have a little realism/mature feel to them but not too much. I wonder what their neck renewal means since I have usually paired these heads with Iplehouse bodies, and their necks must be sanded a lot to do that. If they just made the neck smaller, well, I'm sentenced to even more sanding then.

They apparently also ship out the CoAs they promised to, but I wonder if I can ever get any for my three girls since they were all bought second hand and on one I don't even know the name of the first owner.

16. Such great news!

17. Wow!!!!!! Just emailed my order request for sleepy Vivian on the Luna body. :)

18. For some unknown reason, I can't scroll down past...(just the images move)

Body -63 Venus girl body (M)

What else is listed? Thanks in advance! :)

Edited to add:
      This is what I see on the page...if I scroll only the photo moves....so I can't read everything.

Also...I don't understand the ordering/pricing. Do you have to order a body...and then a head? Can you order two heads?...And I don't see resin color options. Are there any?
      (Boy I feel stupid.):abambi:

[​IMG]Fantasia site by luluna33, on Flickr

#719 luluna, Sep 4, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    19. I'm the third owner of my Vivian's head, but all previous owners are traceable via DoA so hopefully I'll be able to get her CoA sometime down the line. While I'd love to get her sleepy version, the fact that they seem to be sizing up the heads has made me hold back, along with the fact that there are no actual photos of the female bodies' poseability. Having gone through a badly-engineered MSD body, I am not too keen on buying a doll that could only sit and stand prettily.

And not sure -- you can't order a standalone head? I have to agree with @luluna that their website needs some work. You have to click on the menus on the left side to view each item details individually, but it seems you could only order via direct email.

FD's re-emergence encouraged me to do a photoshoot of my Vivian hybrid, shown here with her son, a LS ZhuZhao.

[​IMG]
      Mother and Son 01
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr