1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasia Doll Elder/Senior Sizes

Mar 15, 2016

1. @AntarelNefertili They both look amazing, I admire the work on the wigs! I would like to ask - which jointed hand uses your Vivian? I was trying to find some in scale - but unsuccesfully. These look just right.

Honestly, the webpage of renewed FD doesn't look trustworthy to me at the moment. And, sizing up the heads sounds like a good idea while sizing down the body seems too much to me. This might result in not quite realistic proportions, and realism was what I liked on FD. The truth is, the original head was a bit small to the body, but not much, it was according to the the classical 1/8 rule. So I treasure my Vivian on the muscular body, seems that there won't be dolls like her anymore despite FD is back.

2. @luluna, are you on your phone (iPhone or android) or a desktop? The site works well for me on my android in either mobile or desktop views. Let me know if you would like to see screenshots of any of the pages you cant view, such as the muscular or slim Venus body or the Luna body.

@Sillion, what are you basing this claim on? What is it lacking to make it trustworthy, exactly?

3. @sakuraharu - Thank you! I am trying to view on a desktop. I can't see anything in the contents after the 63 Venus body...how many more things are below that?

And I guess since none of these bodies are the "actual" bodies yet...I'll wait and see what they update.

I don't mind the head being a tad larger (I guess) but that they are now for Volks type bodies won't work with my Iple heavy crew...I guess her size would now be more like a nYID girl?

And thanks @AntarelNefertili for the confirmation that it wasn't just me and the website. :) And your girl is stunning and so original. Both characters look like they have interesting stories connected to them.

4. Squee!!!!! Dreaming Alice is back! She wont slip through my fingers this time! I would love to see the picts of the 70 body he is working on as I love the taller girls. Come on payday

5. I had the impression that the 70cm body was for the male sculpts...

6. @Girrl I asked specifically if FD planned to re-release the muscle girl body, and they gave me the response that they're working on a new muscle girl that's about 70cm.:kitty2
      Also, I....ended up putting Jin on layaway. That face—he matches exactly what I've been looking for regarding one of my OCs. I'm hoping I didn't just jump the gun, but he's just so—alluring.:D

7. Oh....I thought all their new bodies were compatible to Volks body measurements?

I'm confused yet again. ;)

8. I'm confused too :huh?: Volks doesn't make girls that big (that I'm aware of...)
      but I love big glamazons, so 70cm muscle girl, Yes Please!

9. Oh, I think that was in reference to their boy SD17 bodies, not the girls. :XD:

10. @luluna, can you see pictures of the body when you click on the "Doll 63 Venus doll body M" link? just in case, here are some pics of the muscular body, followed by most of the text. The price on that link is lower than the price for Alice or Vivian, and the info says this link is for the body only. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]Screenshot_20200906-162152_Chrome by sakura_of_the_spring, on Flickr

[​IMG]Screenshot_20200906-162212_Chrome by sakura_of_the_spring, on Flickr

[​IMG]Screenshot_20200906-162329_Chrome by sakura_of_the_spring, on Flickr

[​IMG]Screenshot_20200906-162306_Chrome by sakura_of_the_spring, on Flickr

[​IMG]Screenshot_20200906-162238_Chrome by sakura_of_the_spring, on Flickr

[​IMG]Screenshot_20200906-162459_Chrome by sakura_of_the_spring, on Flickr

[​IMG]Screenshot_20200906-165805_Chrome by sakura_of_the_spring, on Flickr
      @luluna, please let me know if you want to see other images. :)

#730 sakuraharu, Sep 7, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    11. @luluna I can't blame you for the confusion. Their English translation seems to be a bit funky. Hopefully they'd post more photo comparisons of old vs new to help clear things up.

@Sillion All but one of my SD++ sizes have petite heads, so it was precisely the petite-ness of the original FD that drew me to get one. I'm a minority tho. ^_^ And, the jointed hands are DF-H 1/3 male, no veins. It's actually my LoongSoul's hands you're seeing, lol. Vivian could use it, though! (It was originally meant for her, but the resin match was B-A-D and thus the other doll claimed it.) I dug up an old photo of her using the hands, just to show the proportions better.

[​IMG]
      20 - Stay For a While
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

Regarding the website, apart from the difficult navigation, it seems to be pretty legit to me. I understand that having to order direct via email sounds quite fishy, but I've already done that with other companies that required sending a direct message for certain events.

12. @sakuraharu - Oh thanks so much! :thumbup

And also for the shot of the resins! I never saw that info.

Even with the higher price for a body with a head....the prices are still very good! (Almost too good to be true!:evilplot:)

@AntarelNefertili - Thanks! I hope they post more photos also! I'd like to see comparison photos as well.

13. Very interested in seeing the new bodies, SD16 size is quite a but smaller then the original size. Also hopefully the casting issues are addressed, my Alice's resin feels very fragile near the joints.

14. It unfortunately is very fragile, I had the upper arm piece chip at the elbow joint. :pout:

15. @sakuraharu Maybe not being trustworthy is not the exact word but for me it's confusing at least. It's the overall impression - for me there are not enough pictures of completed actual dolls (and their posing), the pictures of the styled dolls shown the are those from 2017. So that would be important for me to decide placing an order - to know exactly what am I ordering. As it was with the previous models. But they might add more images in near future, of course...

#735 Sillion, Sep 8, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    16. @Sillion I think you raise some valid points.

I can think of two reasons why the artist is using the original photos, cost and familiarity. It seems very likely that the original photos were professionally staged and shot. That would be fairly expensive, I think. The photos are well done and the reuse is intended, I think, to remind us that this is the same company, etc. I think he is also taking a calculated risk in offering a small quantity of dolls at a low price. That is smart as he has been out of the market for some time. He can't expect all of his past audience to have remained, however beautiful the sculpts.

I agree that more photos showing poseability would be really helpful. And not just of the computer rendering, but of an actual finished sculpt. Poseability is important to a lot of us! In my case, however, that wasn't enough to stop me ordering. I'm more about form than function (Hello, Iplehouse!), so the looks of the Luna body and the early adopter price are worth the risk to me. I'll let you know how things turn out in 40 to 80 days. :)

17. Fingers crossed! I'm really curious how the new FD dolls will turn out. Despite being a bit cautious, I love FD aesthetic and I have to admit that in these cases I'm able to dismiss functionality in favour of beauty (yes, I have the Iplehouse thing too :-))

18. Big dolls usually are not the best posers...Iplehouse gets hammered on that and to be fair, they are not much different from other dolls their size and often much better. At least they usually stand like a rock. LOL:whee:

I am curious about the new Fantasia line...but wish I could see what I'd be ordering. Scale is important in my big dolls and if they look too small...they won't work well here. I'd rather measurements closer to HID size than SD Volks size. So they may not be for me.

19. I have to disagree with that statement, some of my best posing dolls are SD+, specifically all my really big LoongSoul dolls and my Twigling dolls, absolutely A+ posers. The problem is when sculptors engineer big dolls the same way they would a significantly smaller doll, the stringing and jointing that works beautifully on a 40cm doll fails miserably on a 65cm doll because the weight of the resin is significantly greater and the ratio of stringing thickness to resin weight gets massively skewed

20. I've decided to use part of my bonus from work to order a Jupiter on a Mars body. I have a Alice I got second hand on this site, from their old days. I'm excited to get him, and I really hope the new line comes out well.