1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasia Doll Elder/Senior Sizes

Mar 15, 2016

1. I recall that this came up earlier in this thread and the consensus was that the "add head" is for an extra head, i.e. if you wanted an extra OE head or both heads. The base price is for the head and body, the body isn't sold separately.

2. I was initially told my shipping date would be november 16th for my muscular body Vivian. I got an email today saying it will be shipped out on the 26th

Im very excited that I ordered Vivian, and not waited, especially after the new HID turned out to be such a let down.

Ill be posting pictures once she arrives - I was interested in hybriding since most of my dolls are stylized, - and Vivian is realistic, so Ill do a resin match if anyone is interested in the possibility of hybrids with this amazing muscular female body. Its gorgeous!

3. I got an email from the company explaining why they are offering dolls at discount now and discontinuing the senior line because sales were not as they had hoped. It is my feeling that they would have had a lot more sales if they did not have such a delay and people could have seen owner pictures. I was interested in the muscular girl body too but not ready to buy just now so hoping they do not give up so soon and retire it.

4. Companies need to realize that it takes time, and considerable marketing effort to build an audience, even more so in niche expensive hobbies like BJD's. Especially now that the hobby is even more saturated with companies then it was even just 5 years ago.

5. Hm. They aren't going to last long with that attitude. The initial price was too high for a starter company. They should have got going with the 30% discount offer, delivered promptly and lured more people in. They have a nice product but, as you say Cloudedmind, it takes time and care to build a customer base. Shame if they prove to be a flash in the pan. I liked the look of their dolls.

6. Were there originally two other male Fantasia dolls, or one? I remember Jin, both OE and Sleepy, but can't recall if there was something other than Isaac...

7. There were Jin and Jupiter first -- announced for order in March, iirc (@Therealwalter posted a picture of his just-arrived Jupiter, back on page 4 of this thread). Isaac was first available for order in June, then Alice and Vivian followed shortly (again, iirc -- I only had eyes for Isaac, so I really didn't notice whether the girls launched on the same day :sweat )

I got the same gloomy email, but at least it was accompanied by a pre-shipping notice with a tracking number for my Isaac. Fingers crossed that the number will start tracking on October 26, as Fantasia promises!

8. Jin is the sleepy eyed version of Jupiter. They were first release and limited to 50 each. The tan color resin was not offered with the girls or Issac which is a shame as it is a nice color. They had originally planned a tan girl release for next year but I wonder if they will still do it. I have a floating female head that is tan and the B body would be kick butt for my character. Sighs.

9. I wonder why Jin and Jupiter are completely gone from their dolls page, instead of just being labeled sold out. :( I don't like any of the boys' heads but if they're discontinuing their elder line... sigh, decisions. ._.

10. It seems premature to yank the whole line due to lack of sales. They've barely started shipping their initial offerings. Hopefully they'll change their mind.

11. [​IMG]

Someone asked about hybrids to this body. This is Fantasia elder body with Granado Jupiter head (Evol size). I think it is a good match. Both are tan resin (too bad tan is not offered with Issac but understandable that it might have been harder to cast for them.

12. I took the plunge and ordered a Vivian with muscular B type body and I'm very glad I got the chance to! I didn't order last open order time because I had put 2 dolls on layaway and couldn't do another one reasonably. Now after seeing Iplehouse's latest muscular girl I'm definitely glad to have gotten the Fantasia version, especially at a discount.

I agree it seems upsetting that they would be 'giving up' so quickly. Their bodies seem to have taken a lot of time and engineering to accomplish; to discontinue them so quickly seems like such a waste. I initially didn't order because of the prices I admit, and the fact that their guys were on par with the EID size which I have quite a few of and am running out of space for.

They are very reminiscent of April story's sculpting but with more realistic eye size which I gravitate towards. I also love the muscular girl body and if this is the last chance I have to order it, I'm definitely taking it. I'll have to let you know how the estimated 10-60 day lead time turns out, but I'm not in a rush.

13. Woah congrats @shinidoragon! I hope you are able to get her soon and that you will post pics>w < what skin color did you get her in?

14. @RoyalBarjack Thanks, I got her in normal skin. I really love the tan after seeing @Therealwalter 's pictures, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get it in the future on that body :( I really do hope they pick themselves up from this though and continue to make dolls in the 70cm scale.

15. [​IMG]
      Ruslan is battle ready (except he doesn't have any pants yet, oops).

16. @shinidoragon AH! ive just noticed that they arent even making the dolls available in tan skin for this special sale :0! that kind of cinches it for me... if i were to get a doll i would want it in tan......
      @Therealwalter wow his outfit is great-- so far XD! are you making his pants or shopping around for them?

17. I finally got my sewing machine from college days out so I don't have to hand sew everything. Had to watch Utube for how to thread the bobbin as they don't even have manuals for my machine anymore.
      So pants are next on the agenda for him.

18. I received a reply to my email in which I said I thought the poor sales had to do with people waiting to see owner pictures before ordering from an new company and I think it explains the trouble they had and thought it may be helpful to share this here. I for one would like to support this new company and it would be unfortunate if they never get a chance to get off the ground.

"Thank you for your valuable feedback. We really appreciate all customer’s opinions and suggestions.
      We know it would be kind of an adventure when ordering from new BJD company. In this case, we are grateful for you trying out our product!
      Therefore, we prepared 200 dolls earlier when releasing Jupiter to be able to ship quickly to all customers and get quick reviews and go viral. Unfortunately, we got unexpected trouble in fulfilling the orders.
      The 200 dolls manufactured where of such a bad quality we couldn't even consider to sending them to our customers and we are still in dispute with our first manufacturing partner. Fortunately we were able to change our manufacturing partner and can now trust having right manufacturing technique and system, but we suffered significant financial loss with the first 200 dolls manufacturing costs and the damage is significant for a small company. Due to this problem caused by shipment delays and our first plan failed. Unfortunately Fantasia’s the first series “Fly me to the moon” was failed totally ending with less than 10 dolls sold out.
      But we won't give up “Fantasia Doll", Through this unpleasant incident we learned something and now we’ll make a strategic plan for the second series. But if we want to release the new series then we really have to finish our first series through discount promotion. We also feel very sad about it and are sorry for our earlier customers too. This promotion may be our last promotion.
      We’re so appreciated your affection to Fantasia Doll because it means a lot to us who run the company.
      We promise that we’ll do our best and become better BJD company.
      We’d like to ask for your continued interest.
      Thank you.

With Kind Regards,
      Yoo Jin Lee
      Customer Service"

edit: I desided to order Isaac and Vivian to support the company. I was going to order the female B body anyway and I do like the elder man body alot so even if the Isaac head is not that appealing I can hybrid the body. But it may appeal more in person.

#79 Therealwalter, Oct 26, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    19. You're good people, Walter.