1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasia Doll Elder/Senior Sizes

Mar 15, 2016

1. @Nanael I can only speak for the old resin (2016 to 2017) because I have not received the new doll yet (and most likely no one has). They may have changed the colour, no one knows. But the old tones are definitely more yellow in shade. I use Iplehouse hands on my Fantasia body (because they have better mobility) and Iplehouse is a bit pinker and darker. I don't know if these comparison shots help as I have a very limited number of companies I collect from, but I took all the major fair skin tones I had in my cabinet. None of them should have any yellowing from light since my dolls don't get any of that, but there may be normal mellowing due to age.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. Thanks, @vauhtikatti. Actually this was really helpful because I can compare your pictures to the head, when it comes home. Old Fantasia NS looks like Volks NS, since Dollshe Oriental appears darker. Perhaps another company will be a better choice as for the skin tone if my Rainman head is more pinkish instead. Both Dollshe and Fantasia seem to have really long waiting times, so I have to come to terms with it.
      I'd really like to order a Fantasia Alice someday, but for now I am supporting you through all the wait!

3. Got an email today asking what many of you have been asked, updating me on shipping prices going up and asking how I want the doll shipped. Said they would ship it on the 24th, we'll see. I have moved since ordering and requested it sent to my new address and I'm paranoid this will somehow throw everything off haha.

4. I received the same email. Hopefully they’ll be shipped out soon! I can’t wait to get my doll!

5. He arrived!! My Jin arrived!!!!

Okay, since my Canon decided to have the battery die before I could take some photos, I had to resort to using my phone instead. But I wanted to post some of photos to show the proof:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I decided to have him shipped unstrung, so I think I might have strung the arms on the wrongs sides. I'll redo them in a bit, but—dinner first. I have to say I honestly wasn't expecting him to arrive today. They never sent a shipping notice email. I'm so happy to have him here finally though:kitty2

6. He looks so good! I'm happy and relieved to see someone get their doll in. Hopefully the rest will start rolling in soon. I do have two questions for you. If you got the email about the shipping changes what day did they say they'd send your boy out? And second is that the mars or jupiter body?

7. I am hoping the same for everyone else as well. In the two emails I did receive from them, they didn't actually give me a shipping date. It was quite a surprise that he just showed up while I wasn't expecting him.

And I got him on the Jupiter body:kitty2

8. Ok, I got my boy on a Mars body. It'll be interesting to compare my guy to yours. I got the Sleepy Jupiter head too. I'm somewhat hopeful he will be in soon, they said he'd be shipping on the 19th. Will have to cross my fingers and see.

9. Yay, this is great news! Hopefully others' dolls are on the way already, too! I was said it'll ship on 22nd but heard nothing so I had already given up hope on getting mine before the PayPal date runs out. Sadly, no surprise arrival will be for me because customs is sure to take that parcel in.

10. I'll also pop in, i recently got a February 22 shipping date. So far no tracking number so I'm not sure if she's been sent or not.
      I ordered Canary on luna body, with both heads. I opted for strung. I want the box & I'm horrible at stringing.

11. Hi all. I've just discovered Fantasia Doll and would really love to get a few, but I've been told there have been shipping problems. Those of you who have just received your dolls or shipping notices, how long have you been waiting?

12. I ordered Jin back in early/mid September, and received him two days ago. There have been delays, of course, as they are a one-person operation. But for a shipping delay that ended up having him arrive after six months instead of the 2-3 months projected on their website? Especially when you take into consideration the atrocious wait times for Dollshe (gasp, 2-3 years wait? Why??), Ringdoll, Dollzone and others like them—it's honestly not too bad.

13. @jade-eyed-cat , it's funny you should say that, because I'm looking into Fantasia Doll as an alternative to Dollshe, per @Nanael 's suggestion. ;) Six months wouldn't bother me, I have my first four dolls still awaiting my attention. (It's been one heck of a year for me, even plague aside.)

How has everyone else's experience been?

14. Poking my head back into the Fantasia world, as I'd always loved their sculpts and was sad when they disappeared, but am cautious with their return. The folks that were waiting for COAs and/or apology gifts from before, have you guys gotten them? People who have ordered since their return, how did you feel throughout the entire process?

To be honest, I'm a bit leery of their really low prices, since I'm just also escaping from Dollshe hell, and one of the issues that dug the hole so deep for Dollshe is very low prices. I see that Fantasia is doing a sale right now, only $250 for a very nice-looking SD body. I'm kind of worried.

15. @sno4wy , looks like we're both migrating from the Dollshe Purgatory, I mean Waiting Room. I wonder how many others will follow?

It seems like all the companies I want dolls from have practices that make me nervous. Peeps in the Supiadoll Waiting Room seem to be having issues with the artist not replying to messages, saying dolls will be shipped out by a certain time and then not shipping them, etc. I want a Fantasia Doll more than I want a Dollshe, but I'm with you when you say you're worried about what you see. I sent them an email yesterday, asking several questions, one of which was what the current production and shipping time would be, allowing for the pandemic. I added the bit about the pandemic in hopes that they wouldn't do the Asian-lying-to-save-face thing, since I'm obviously expecting production to take longer than stated. I would feel much less nervous if I was given an honest, realistic answer.

Based on what I've already read here, I probably won't have an answer for a few weeks, but I'll share it once I get it.

16. I still haven't recieved a head that I'm waiting on since 2017. So... it can be worse than Dollshe.

17. I was able to sent a CoA request for the old Vivian I have, and I also have a Canary with extra Isaac head on order. They never got back to my CoA request but they don't respond much nowadays, so I let you all know if they ship me the CoA when they ship Canary. It'd possibly be the best option for them given the shipping fee for a CoA alone will be quite high via UPS (EMS is suspended to my country).

@ElizabethStiles ono and here I am through Dollshe and Fantasia and just moved on to Supia thinking they are fast and reliable shippers. Ain't I the lucky one xD

18. I guess we could all move on to Iplehouse but I can't stand their body engineering.

19. Hi!
      I've been out of the hobby for long, could anyone help me with an update about this company?
      As I have a Alice fantasia and I love her to bits.

20. Some people here have heard from Fantasia regarding shipping or stringing. I haven't, and he hasn't answered my email. I passed the Paypal window, so I guess I'm at his mercy now. :lol: Still hoping though!

Regarding Supia, they aren't fast, but they're reliable at least.

Edit to add: I heard back from Fantasia, and have a ship date! :)

#820 Alewife, Mar 4, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 6, 2021