1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Doll - General Discussion

May 20, 2007

1. Their bodies pose wonderfully indeed! I'm curious to the Lionel body, since I've only had the 60cm body. I don't really like their heads either, apart from Lionel. It was instant love and the first doll I've wanted to buy. I'm glad to have his head, but the bobble aspect was not for me, I hope when he gets his matching body it'll be better. Though he'll be near 70 cms then, which is huge to me, haha!

I like those hybrids!

2. How does the resin feel? I'm hybriding a switch head with an fdoll body, but I was wondering how they feel compared to one another.

3. The FDoll resin is nice! Comparable, IMO, to the more expensive dolls. Well sculpted and engineered, too. Definitely under-appreciated. How they compare to Switch, I don't know. But Fdolls are nice!

4. I have both the male and the female 60cm body from FDoll, and I can honestly say that they're by far the best posers of all my dolls (and I have Soom, Iple, Ringdoll and Fairylands here) after restringing and sueding :) I think their resin feels very nice; its not super smooth or shiny, and has a slight tooth to it.
      I recently asked FDoll if its possible to buy jut parts from them - I'm planning on modding the knees on my female body, because everytime they're fully bend they look like shovels -.- - and they told me that they changed the knee joint mechanism a bit, so I can't just order lower legs (since they won't fit on my body from last year) but need to order two complete legs... for 50$. I'll do that next year, need another male from from them too.

By the way, since the fdoll hands all look like sausages (female hands are at least a bit slimmer), the Dollmore Eve/Model Eve hands fit the wrist joint of both the male and female body perfectly :) plus Dollmores normale skin is a 99,5% match to FDolls pale normal skin. I can also recommend female jointed hands in general for both bodies, since they have rather slim wrists.

As for hybrids - both bodies have a neck size of ~9cm, while Switch heads have a 10cm neck :/ So there will be some gaping on that hybrid. the FDoll bodies are great for smaller SD heads like Zaoll or Supia though.

5. Well, I hope that the body that I ordered won't need too much sueding. Restringing isn't much for me to do. That's really good to know that the resin feels nice. I got a head from Impldoll and I didn't really like the feeling of the resin, but it's good to know fdoll has some tooth to it. As for hands, I already ordered the tamias hands from Switch, so I'm good with that. My Switch head is the smaller ones that fit on the Switch 57cm humming girl body and the 60cm humming boy body, so the neck is around 9.7cm, so I'm good with that. I've also seen smaller Switch head hybrids with fdoll. They look very proportionate and the gap is not that noticeable at all.

6. I have had both the 60cm body and now the 70cm body. Both are amazing posers. I have never sueded a doll in my life and I also haven't restrung those bodies. My Lionel was able to balance on one leg in multiple poses. Which I think is pretty impressive, haha. And that was the body how it arrived to me from Fantasy Doll themselfs, so done nothing extra.

I agree on the hands, I don't like the hands. But apart from that I'm very pleased with them!

Here's the balancing act I did recently :

[​IMG]

This is balancing on one foot with the other leg crossed over the supporting leg but the foot is not resting on anything.

7. Has anyone bought from Fantasy doll recently?

8. Bumping up! Would also like to know if anyone has ordered from fantasy doll recently? Also has anyone used their color matching services?

9. @taixonay I bit the bullet and decided to order two bodies. The 60cm and the 69cm bodies about two months ago. I contacted the company about an update two days ago, and was told they'd ship next weekend. So hopefully in a week or two I'll have more to update here.

10. @Cloudedmind thanks for the response! I'm thinking of getting the 60cm body for a Migidoll head, so it'll be good to hear about a recent experience.

11. I think the 60cm body might be too small for a Migidoll head :o I have the 60cm body too, and it works great for smaller SD heads (like Dollmore Zaoll, with their 7.8inch head), but Migis are more along 8-9inch... might look a bit bobble headed?

12. It is a little. But my first Ryu was on the original 60cm body and I didnt mind the proportions too much. I would prefer the body be on the smaller side of the 60cm spectrum. The Fdoll body seems like the best option for now.

13. I see! Well for the price the 60cm body is a really good choice :)

14. Just wanted to say, so happy to see some new posts, even if it was a month ago lol. Any updates on the two dolls you ordered @Cloudedmind ?

15. @Ballet I received a shipping notice on the 8th of this month, and I was just about to say tracking hasn't updated since then, but as I was writing this reply I got an email notice that the package finally hit customs, and expected delivery is Tuesday. So, hopefully by Wednesday I'll have something for you guys.

16. So, my bodies actually ended up arriving today, and I was able to take them out for a bit of an inspection. Unfortunately, the 60cm body arrived with a broken finger despite the bodies being really well packaged and wrapped for shipping. I've contacted Fantasy Doll, and am wanting to hear back about a possible replacement. If push comes to shove I can just super glue it back on. Now on to the positives. Like most Chinese BJD companies the bodies have been completely sanded. The bodies are smooth to the touch, but don't look overly shiny. They also sent two resin color chips. One of which appears to be pale normal since it matches the 69m body I bought, and the other tan. Kind of wish they'd sent me white or pink instead of pale normal, but it was nice they sent them at all. They also sent an additional chest piece for the 69cm body that has a bigger neck then the one that's strung for shipping. I knew they use to do this from really old box opening videos, so it's nice to know they still do.

I really like the 60cm body, it's the right amount of chubbiness I was looking for, for my Kdoll Keikei head. The heads a little more peach toned compared to the body which is in Fantasy Dolls normal skin color. And there's some gaping between the head and neck, but both things are pretty minor.

Edit: Michael with Fdoll said he'd send me a replacement hand.

17. Congratulations @Cloudedmind :sumomo: and I'm happy they will send a new hand. Hopefully it won't take long for delivery. Whenever you can, and if you want to of course, I would love to see photos of them whenever you're ready. I've stopped collecting for a bit, but man oh man I want to buy another Fdoll :lol:

18. @Ballet I should hopefully have some time this weekend to take pictures.

19. I think the arms on the 60cm body are strung the wrong way round, you normally should be able to see the elbow joints :,D