1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Doll - General Discussion

May 20, 2007

1. @meanae Yeah, but this is how the body came strung, and when I checked I didn't see any markings to confirm proper placement. I haven't had time to restring him to see, but will probably try this weekend.

2. Just wanted to make an update that FDoll sent me a knew pair of hands, pretty promptly. They actually arrived last week, but I'd forgotten to pop in here and say so.

3. Hey everyone! Long time, just curious does anyone have a head with a 9.3 neck on the 60cm boy body? I wanted to see if it would be too big a difference, thank you!

4. I got my Zaolls on it (both female and male), and I think they're around that size? Works pretty well, I love the proportions.
      [​IMG]

5. I put a Kdoll Keikei head on mine for a bit and it fit (neck size is between 8.5 & 9), but eventually found the neck to thin for my preference.
      Keikei. I think a lot will also depend on how big overall the head is that you want to use. @meanae can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Zaolls have smaller heads for SDs, while my Keikei has a big noggin.

6. Thank you both so much! I'm excited for him to come home and purchase the body. I have the female body and absolutely love it. Would love more photos :D

7. ^ Yup, Zaolls are on the smaller side, with ~19cm head circumference. I really like the proportions; looks really realistic. A bigger head would fit the neck, but might look bobble headed :/

8. I just ordered the 69cm body in their #17 tan, and I’m really hoping it works as a body for my tan Little Rebel Ethan head.

9. I'd love to see if that works!!

10. I hope it works out for you! I'm still waiting for my body, I hope everyone is doing better. I order the male 60cm in pink for my Tom Holland head. I tried him out on my female Sd body and thankfully the proportion looks okay to me.

11. Does anyone have photos of what the 69 cm male body's knee looks like when bent? I'm debating which to choose between the 69 cm Fantasydoll body and the Resinsoul Bigger Body. (If anyone has both, a comparison would be amazing too!)

12. I just have the 60cm body, but from personal experience I can say that even if the FDoll knees don't look that good when bend, they at least can hold poses with no problem, in contrast to the bigger resinsoul bodies. I had one of their 68cm male bodies here recently, at that was a jointed nightmare.

13. That's really helpful, thank you! It's for a character whose costuming is inspired by Howl from Howl's Moving Castle, so the joints will probably be rarely visible anyway. It's great to know that Fantasydoll bodies can hold poses well.

14. They just need a little bit of sueding and tighter strings, but then they're good to go :) The resinsoul joints (mostly) love to snap into place and only can do straight or 'bend at 90 degrees' poses, and thats it X.x

15. In your experience, does this apply to double jointed Resinsoul bodies too? Not just the single jointed ones?

16. Jup, double jointed ones too. I could go into detail what exactly is wrong with their joints, but that doesn't really belong on here :,D

17. Has anyone tried other companies' hands on the 69 cm body? I'm considering getting it for a hybrid but the hands look off to me.

18. sorry, never had sd jointed hands so I can't help with the above comment. I'm so excited though! Just got an email saying FD is sending out my boys body, and should be arriving on Thursday.

19. Oop, found it, never mind.

20. Just stopping by to say the FDoll body I ordered in March was delivered yesterday! I ordered the 69cm body in their #17 resin color which is a perfect match for my tan Little Rebel Ethan head. The proportions are pretty great too, I’ll try to take a picture later today and post it. They also included some resin samples which I asked for so I will also try to do a resin comparison pic or two.