1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Doll - General Discussion

May 20, 2007

1. Once my boys get here, I can take comparison shots. I ordered a BW and NS Tobias. Although I only own a BW Gena and Mowen, I'm sure that'll be able to help someone... and I own a NS El. ^^

2. Lol, I with you on that TheFontBandit!!
      I have been wanting an El for sooooo long. I have ordered the body in white and and a bw El head.
      I wonder if they will come out with girls soon... I have a bw Lishe and a ns Juri 05 that need bodies.><

3. Thanks! I was just wondering if, given the price range, these were made of vinyl, like Obitsu and Dollfie Dream (those ARE vinyl, right?)

Anyway, its a great price and he looks good too. Can't wait to see them when they arrive for the people who ordered them. Sooo tempting!

4. No ^^ They are made of resin!

Edit: I guess I need to clarify that by 'they' I mean the Tobias dolls ^^;;

5. I'm sorry if this is a bad n00b question but why do the joints look so different to other companies?

6. I actualy really like this body. I would love to know what the circumference of the neck is though, since I'm not too sure I'm totaly hot on Tobias's chin.

7. I think i read the stastics on the nude body it says 9cm neck. Hope i'm not mistaken. :sweat

8. I must be totaly stupid because I just cant find the info anywhere XD;;

9. Oh,the price is so attractive! I love his face especially the nose and lip.It remind me the Hound-Haute.^^

10. Does anyone know if the Jolly Doll skin matches the Fdoll normal skin tone?

11. I need a cheap SD body for my Kill-U head.. and I'm looking into FDoll. But is the quality okay? And does anyone know if the resin matches Volks NS?

12. The resin feels neat--oddly enough I have only seen Domuya resin and Dollzone resin to compare with the FD resin, but to me the FD resin feels a lot like ivory (many years ago I did scrimshaw for my day job)--it's heavy and smooth and strong,with good even color. It's slightly on the yellow side (like ivory again) with good looking, well-fitting joints. It doesn't feel cheap--in fact I believe now that the line has been introduced, the price will be going up soon.

13. I'm bumping this because I had the exact same question. Can anyone else share their experience with FDoll?

14. I just wanted to add one thing--they are strung way tight--if you get a body,consider getting more elastic for restringing. I went through 30 bodies last week and all the big ones were kicky (the tinies are *perfect*)

15. Oh! I'm glad I spied this. I've just gotten two Fantasydoll bodies, one girl and one boy, and am happy to recommend them, as well.

I absolutely ADORE the girl body. She's very slim and has lovely, dainty hands. A very nicely sculpted and assembled torso - some companies' midsections can be a little challenging to deal with but this one is excellent. The boy sculpt is very nice. He's not chiseled and rippled like a Jace or one of the other man-dolls, but he has a nicely shaped chest and is, yes, satisfyingly well-done in other areas. (Don't make me say it out loud, Aernath! :D )

The resin is gorgeous and seam lines are non-existent. The resin seems a bit thinner than, say, the 60 cm Domuya boy body I have, but it doesn't seem fragile or "cheap." I agree that at least the boy body seems very very tightly strung; in fact I'm going to redo him. The girl body was excellent - but because I bought her second-hand I don't know whether that's the company's string or the original owner's.

I would suggest that some hotglue sueding on the knees -- or maybe some lightweight wiring -- is necessary, because they are a little kicky.

Overall, I think that they are an excellent buy. They're very inexpensive compared to other companies' bodies, and yet they are of much more thoughtful design than some others in the low-end price range. I got them to work with "floating heads" but I'm not thinking of them as temporary solutions any more :)

16. I think Fdoll has good resin quality, although it's a bit smooth, with little grip to it. The body is on the whole satisfactory - it's really good at all the slouching poses because of the three-part torso.

However, the knees are a little hard to keep straight (I'm not sure if that's a problem common to all larger dolls or because of stringing. Sueding and wiring would sort out quite a few problems, but I would replace the stringing in the arms - it seems to be very tight.

And watch out for those nipples! They are a little odd - so if you're not into modding and like the realistic kind, bear that in mind. I don't mind so much because my guy's covered up most of the time.

I'm not sure whether it matches pureskin but I would hazard a guess at no, judging by the fact that the SDF bodies (well, one batch at least) match it, real-skin is more yellow toned than CP NS iirc and FDoll bodies are meant to be a close match for CP NS - although I've never seen this irl.

17. May I ask, if you don't mind :)
      what head are you going to put on the girls body??
      I'm interested as well :D

18. Alright, Today is the first time I've stumbled across Fantasy doll... www.fdoll.com
      Only $185 (<approx) for an SD sized doll? This seems way too good to be true. What's the catch? Is the resin sub par? Do they pose badly? Or is it really just a great deal? (and the fact they only have two sculpts to choose from)
      Input please! I'm serious contemplating one... or two..

19. The resin is stunning, They come sanded already and are really nice. They do ship with the hands unattacted, but that's not too big a deal. I bought a body for a head, and am currently selling her, as I changed my mind, but she came wrapped in bubble wrap and in a box. That was my only gripe. Barely wrapped and the box wasn't in another box, like say Luts dolls.