1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Doll - General Discussion

May 20, 2007

1. Hmm.. wow. I think I really like these dolls! I definitely will have to consider getting one.. such a good deal :)

2. I dont buy cheap dolls and companies that i dont know very well. I am not one to take any chances. But if u like them i suppose go for it.

3. Buy extra elastic for stringing, though--they are a little kicky. The girl, Nina, is absolutely gorgeous, IMO--waay better than the website pics. The little Kemi's and Glens are cute as buttons. I'm not hugely fond of Tobias but he's a nice workable, heavy body (his head is silly, and a tad small, but at least you can tell he's a guy). They have pretty nice hands, too--feet aren't real detailed, but the proportions are good if you want to get in there and nertle around the toes for more detail. The NS resin is a good match for Jolly Plus, it's a little yellower than DollZone and a little yellower than AoD.

4. Thanks for the recommendation. I wanted to hear somebody experience too ^_^

5. OH!

The Tobias body looks so good! Could you put a Delf head on that one? like a Dreaming El? that would be to cool. ah, sorry i'm a newbie and don't know things like that.. ;__;

<3

6. Thanks for the opinions and especially the review! I feel alot better about this now... I also showed them to my friend who wants her fisrt doll (we have a head in mind, but unfortunately it's ONLY a head)
      ... Which brings me to a separate question...
      Does anybody know if this or anything else for that matter is a good resin match for the mini mee heads? (I think they're called Mini mee... the one where you send them pictures and they sculpt a couple heads for you?)

7. CP heads work well on FD bods... I bought a couple of them for my "rolling heads", and the only issue has been resin color. (The Fantasy Doll NS is much, much paler than the resin of my NS CP Juri '06 head. Their BW is a perfect match for my Elf Yders and Nanuri '07 girl, though-)

8. That's look great body!!
      but Fdoll.com didn't sell world wide... sad of me...
      I want to get their body to use with my doll head.

9. The latest doll I bought- who is also my first- was FDoll's Kemi. While they aren't wrapped very securely, they're of very good quality- comparing them to what I've seen and felt of other dolls. Quality resin, good poseability. :aheartbea Can't answer for the larger dolls as I don't own one, but from what I've seen first-hand of them, they're equally as nice.

10. Alright. ^,^ My fears have been calmed and my mind made up. Christmas next year is planned!
      So, just so this thread doesn't go to waste, how about some pic spam of the Fdolls in here?
      does anybody have a full Tobias? or anybody else for that matter?

11. Ah! Thank you for answering ^^

I like the CP White the best anyway. :D

:aheartbea

12. One of Fdoll Ninas' hands are an exact replica of a CP doll-- not sure why/what happened but just letting everyone know I noticd the similarity on my girl....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The light-skinned one is a CP B(green,cough)W girl and the FDoll hand is the darker one, because it is NS

13. Well, that is not good--does the palm match as well? And what is the protocol for something like a copied hand? I was going to get a Nina body to go with a rolling head I have, but if the hands aren't original I'll have to look for other hands, like a set of CP ones. :barf

14. Huh... I didn't even look at the hands that came on Autumn's bod, since I was switching them out for a pair of CP hands anyway, but you're right... From the back at least that's pretty darn close. :|

15. I always feel that their body is a modded replica of CP boy bodies. The comparison photos of these 2 bodies, fdoll and CP just makes me even more convinced. How can one sculpt a body until 85&#37; similar without 'taking reference' of existing one? >_<

16. Contact a moderator. They like to see pics of the items in question.

17. Well, in my opinion, even if they were 'based' on CP, the posing of the dolls is nowhere near a CP. They definitely have $150 worth of posing.

The arms have the worst pose-ability I've seen so far on a doll. I have AODs and they pose like a dream except for shoulder movement, and that is even better than the Fantasy doll. I am going to get brave and start sanding to see if I can improve the movement of the elbows. When you go to move the arms to an outward position they slip out of joint and look stupid. You have to keep them crossed on the front of the doll, slightly down in the lap, or straight on the sides.

And you can't get the knees to 'close' on the dolls when they sit. The girls have the most unladylike pose when sitting. You must keep undies on them if they wear a dress/skirt, or rubber band their knees together! The boy isn't quite as bad, but boys sit that way to begin with.

18. hmm i wanted a f-doll body

now its even making me more suspicious somehow

D:

19. Has anyone tried a SOOM head on an FDoll body? How do they fit? (I'm not too worried about resin matching, since he's getting dyed anyway]

20. Restringing and sueding them helps a lot. They come strung tight beyond all rationality and that makes the arms an absolute pain in the rear to do anything with... They do have weird-looking elbows, though. 8P

Over-all, with corrected stringing, I'd actually put their posing somewhere between the Delfs and the MiniFees, but that's probably a reflection of what I'm used to working with. (I've never been able to get a Fee to do half the things my Delfs will.) Either way, they're way ahead of my Hound, who holds the title for "biggest pain in the butt to pose" over here. :lol: