1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Doll - General Discussion

May 20, 2007

1. hmm this is getting suspicious. But i wonder why hasn't anyone said anything about it? I meant just recently, all this stuff appears o.o

hmm

2. Indeed. :|

I have a couple of their bods, and I like them... I was delighted to find decent-looking bodies that actually matched the resin and the scale of my smaller CP heads.

If these guys turn out to be rats, I'm going to be seriously ticked. :x

3. Oh my at those hands x_x Had I seen these pictures earlier, I sure would have re-thought of purchasing that Fdoll girl body! But it's too late when I have the body in my post office...*sigh* Oh well, such is life sometimes :/

4. When the girl was released months ago, they did a few big group orders that took several weeks to fill up, and then a month to manufacture and then ship. Buyers have only started to receive them recently, even though they went for sale in July.

I was planning on ordering a body, but the similarities and lack of owner photos made me wait. People probably didn't come out before because they were afraid of rushing in and looking mean.

5. spottyjane>> ah i see.

i hope things clear out soon =/

6. I got Tobias last week, and I adore him. His face is very, very beautiful (by the way, I have to say for me he doesn't look like his official photos - on them he seems much more, well, innocent - but I don't mind at all :)) His body is nice, and I really like his skin color (normal skin) - warm and ivory. He is over-tight, it's true, but I don't think it's a big problem.
      Here are some photos:
      [​IMG]

It's him together with Domuya's Zen - i don't think Tobias look inferior or anything:
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Juxian/PA130068.jpg

On the last two pics you can see his body but warning: they contain frontal nudity and, probably, suggestive pose:
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Juxian/PA150014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Juxian/PA150045.jpg

7. They -are- copies ._.

8. I think it is impossible to say, yet, when we cannot see/feel those two side by side. Fantasydoll seems thinner and not as "round", and there is not usually as much variation in tiny scale than for example in SD-sized bodies. For example my Dollzone BB has similar body structure as well :)

9. the photo with cp hands and fdoll hands comparsion really shocked me > <

Maybe we need someone to place side by side, examine and confirm that.

LiTigre: i can understand that! it's not the dolls themsevles and owners, they are totally innocent. It's the person who sculpt them that are responsible for it.

10. Hmm i think they can't ban Fdoll stuff in here cause loads of people already have their f-dolls.

But this is seriously suspicious!

11. Meeve: I can totally confirm, without a doubt, that that left hand is exactly the same as the CP hand. I even took them to work and would hold them out to random coworkers and ask them to look at the hands and tell me what they saw. They'd look at them and go "they're the same hand just in different colors." Sadly, because they know nothing about these dolls, the fact that they're manufactured by two different companies makes the impact of the similarities practically null.

My digital camera is total crap, but here are the photos that I took outside, no flash. CP on the left (BW), Fdoll on the right (NS)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They are completely identical... save for the poor quality at the wrist, and the S hook is on backwards.

12. That doesn't matter a bit, unfortunately... DoA can ban whoever they want for copying, no matter how many people already own them.

13. Well, I guess no Nina for me..I'll have to look at AoD 1/3 bodies instead...

14. Well...before leaping to the conclusions that they're copying, does anyone have comparison pictures of the bodies between Fdoll, CP and Bambicrony? Or is it just the hands that everyone is talking about? Also, what about the other hand? Are they similar as well?

About the hands...I can quite honestly say that if I ask anyone on my corridor about any doll hands, most of the hands will look the same to them. I'm not saying that the hands don't look alike, but I am saying that to someone outside the hobby, even the doll sculpts mostly look the same, let alone the hands. Someone who's not familiar with the hobby won't make much of a judge for this matter.

15. Yep. I just unwrapped the hands that came with Autumn's bod and compared them to the CP hands that I have on Sannru and it's a match.

I am not a Happy Camper.
      That's just... stupid of them. >_<

I'm not going to toss out the FD bods that I already have. That would be a waste... But I'm certainly not going to be getting any more of the things, and I'm not going to suggest them to anyone else looking for BW bods the match their CP heads.

Yes, one copied hand is a minor thing, but it's still annoying.

ETA: The other hand isn't a match for any of the CP girls I have here, but I don't have examples of every hand set, so I can't say for sure. 8P

Bod-wise... I don't know about the Tinys, but the 1/3 scale bods are similar in style to the CP bods, but I don't think they're recasts. There are some pretty substantial differences in the shape of the joints (the elbows particularly-), and the proportions are a little different. I'd say that they were certainly "inspired by" the CP bodies, but I seriously doubt that they're copies.

16. That's good to know at least.. thanks Brightfires. ^^

17. Min~Min: thanks for the comparsion > < I'm 100&#37; convinced that the hands are exactly the same.

I found this link that some may want to look at the comparison between fdoll and cp body
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149208

Even one can say that they are 'inspired by' by cp bodies, have the same bubble butt and all except the arms and joints and torso joint or it seems like a modified version of cp body.... in terms of art, isn't that plagiarism??????
      I'm very annoyed by the copied hand, will never deal with them and will advice my friends not to, if possible.
      There are company like Angel of Dream that doesn't copy, B&G also doesn't.

18. Man this seriously sucks. .__.

I'm going to get B&G WS bods for my WS nanuri next time =A=

19. I guess you've got to see them eye to eye, but they're different widths, an Fdoll is far skinner than a CP, the butt isn't bubbly at all, except from behind XD
      The CP body is far more attractive, lol.

But man. This is crap. Copying a hand is enough to turn me right off, let alone the CP similarity and rep they have.