1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Doll - General Discussion

May 20, 2007

1. Exactly... They have a similar over-all style, but side-by-side, there are enough differences that they really don't trip any "OMG!RECAST!OMG!COPY!!11!"-alarms.

As an aside, there's a matter of degree involved when it comes to having one design inspired by another. Just taking inspiration from existing work to make something of your own or producing something in a style similar to something else isn't in the same league as full-out "plagiarism??????"... If it was, there would be an awful lot of people in very hot water. (She says, listening to a recording of Beethoven's variations on a theme by Mozart. :lol: )

That said... The hand business is enough to make me give them the hairy eyeball from here on out. There's just no excuse for that.

2. Hello everybody,

This is Michael. I am the Fantasy Doll owner. What has been discussed on this thread came to me as a surprise too. I would like to let everyone know the following:

1) We hired a molder/designer to work on Nina and Tobias. He left Fantasy Doll at the end of June, and subsequently moved to Shanghai.
      After I learned the fact from this thread that Nina's left hand is a copy, I tried, and made contact with him. His explanation was he didn't copy other company's doll's hand, and did not use other company hand as an example. But since he's BJD collector and worked for other BJD companies before, his design would look similar to others.

2) I am very upset and angry about this myself, and his "explanation"
      is not a satisfactory one. We never wanted to copy anyone's work, and we don't agree with the practice. That's because we know our customers care very much about originality, and despise copying of other people's work. We didn't realize what was going on, partly because we are not familiar with every doll out there. When the previous designer finished his work, we didn't know it was a copy of another doll. We are a young company and we really appreciate this forum bring situations like this to our attention

3) Since this thread been brought to our attention, we have already to have our current designer to create with new hands. We want to correct this mistake.

Thanks!

3. <3 that's really responsible of fdoll, i think.

4. I'm currently waiting for CP Delf El head to arrive -- but his body is going to be my FDoll Tobias's body. If anyone still needs Luts +FDoll comparison in a couple days, just Pm me!! ^_^

5. Thank you so much for your response, Michael. This is very reassuring. ^^ It's good to know that you're so willing to fix this issue.

6. Thank you Micheal, I think you have sold me on getting an f-doll body.

7. Fantasy Doll sounds like a wonderful new company, in my opinion... I've been considering buying a body from them recently and Micheal's honesty is very reassuring.

8. I have a fantasy doll girl body and I am extremely pleased with it, aswell as the excellent service fdoll provided during my order. The skintone matches my msdoll sujan 95%, which is supposed to be compartable with volks normal skin. Any day now I will be ordering a boy body aswell. I have only positive things to say about fdoll. :)

9. Wow, go Michael! That's awesome news, and I'm really really impressed by his being up front and honest with us. :) With honesty like that, and the already impressive quality of the dolls, I can certainly be proud to be an FDoll owner! :D

10. I just wanted to add that even if I am personally bit disappointed with that leg/feet/hand-thing (because I'm just nitpicky like that), the girl body itself is very nicely shaped and works well with my Musedoll head :aheartbea The neck fits like a dream, and even if there is a resin difference, it probably can be turned okay with some blushing. And the body is in balance with Musedoll's teeny weeny head! There are some posing issues with her arms and knees, but I'm going to try some hot glue and see how that will affect her posing skills. The overall quality of the body is very good for its pricetag :)

11. Just bumping because I have some questions about Fdoll resin quality... not going back into the hand/feet thing, save to say that Michael rocks! XD That's totally awesome of him, to be so honest.

Thinking of buying a Tobias head, possibly for modding. He'd be my first, and while he's desperately in need of a new face-up and the owner says his head cap doesn't fit perfectly, otherwise the owner says he's okay. Would the resin quality be affected at all if I cleaned him up with a magic eraser? And do you think this sounds, well... okay? He'd be my first BJD, so while I'm cautious with what I'm buying, I'm always looking for decent deals... XD

12. the resin is good quality. I've had my Tobias since they came out. His head cap twists on and off easily so I used a bit of blu tack to hold it in place. He has yellowed a bit to be creamy instead of white, but he does sit out all of the time (often naked when I'm sewing for him LOL). You shouldn't have any problems cleaning him as long as you follow the usual procedures for cleaning any resin head.

13. I was starting to get a bit uncomfortable with all the talk of copyright issues and the clear copying of CP hands, especially since I was planning on an FDoll body for my Nanuri. Even though it took place two years ago (XD) I'm thrilled Michael gave us a response and fixed the hand issue.

Chris4u, you mentioned Tobias's arms pose a bit better. Does this mean they aren't floppy and can actually pose decently, or are the arms extremely snappy?

14. PsychoticElflet5- his arms really pose well. For example, he can touch his nose, eyes or forehead holding positions :) , like in this pic

[​IMG]

But at the same time, they don't "snap" like Nina's arms tend to do.

15. I'm interested in getting one because they apparently match up with the Migidoll Ryu head that I will be acquiring sometimes down the road.
      I was just wondering if the bodies were any good or not, apparently they pose beautifully.
      Just want to make the right decision ^^;

16. Hi there!

My Migi boys are on Fantasy Doll bodies and as far as value for money goes, I don't think you can beat them. I got my bodies last year but they were almost perfect matches for the Migidoll resin, both NS and WS.

If you want more reviews try: 2009 Feedback

Pre-2009 Feedback

Good luck!

17. I got an SD size Fantasy Doll body this year, I love it. It is the body for my School C head. It is not perfectly proportioned, but it is a great posing body.

18. Im sold on Fantasy Doll bodies! I think they are a great option for my floating heads. And, you can't beat how reasonably priced they are.

I got an SD sized Normal Pink boy body for my extra CP/Luts Lu Wen head, and a Pure White girl body for my CP/Luts Vampire Dark Elf Soo head. The match to the boy's body is good, but the match to the white skin VDES head is perfect!

19. I'm happy with mine--he's single jointed, but with a three part torso that gives him some good mobility in the upper body.

20. I've been really happy with them; you can buy them in the US through Mint on Card. The boy bodies match CP resin very well, pose and stand nicely as well. The girl bodies are slightly funkier--of the three I have had, all of them won't pose with their knees together, and one was "slappy", though some restringing helped. (I have found they come strung very tightly). The NS keeps it's color well, the WS girl bodies (I have two) one has yellowed to match old CP WS perfectly (almost beauty green) and the other has remained a nice pale ivory color. Both were kept the same and both feel equally heavy and nice to the touch, so I have no idea why the color difference. I prefer the "style" to the Aod and Bobobie 60 cm bodies, but I like the older Luts sculpts, and they complement that smooth style. I have bought Luts hands separately to swap out the FDoll ones because I do find them similar, but the Luts ones are slightly more detailled on the back of the hands.