1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Doll - General Discussion

May 20, 2007

1. I can't help you specifically with Lionel, but there are some resinmatch photos in here.
      Also I have a photo of my hybrid if that's of any help, the head is Volks-matching and the body is FDoll. The match IRL is absolute.
      [​IMG]

2. Ooo. Thanks for the comparison pic. It looks really compatible with the head. Do you have plans to suede him?

3. I've just finished installing silicon kips in the legs and now the posing is definitely better-- he can actually stand now instead of buckling over like he did before. I was worried that I would have to wire the legs haha.

4. Syntheticality - Wow your boy is gorgeous! And congrats on getting him to pose better. I bought silicone kips and haven't done anything with them yet, thanks for inspiring me to get going with them! :)

I would also LOVE to see some fdoll tan and dark tan if anybody has these?

5. Thank you! (: Installing them was a pain, got plenty of nips in the process (hot-glue sueding is easier by far but it wears off pretty quickly), but if you have a friend who can help with restringing your body it should be less of a hassle.
      (I'm a little biased, I just hate restringing haha.)

6. syntheticality, is your Fdoll body doll the regular NS or the pale NS? I just got a doll head that is supposed to match Volks and am trying to decide which one to order.

7. Mine is the regular NS. (: Pale NS is a match for Dollmore's resin, IIRC, which is a fair bit lighter. I'll have a pale NS part in a couple of months that I can do a resin color comparison with, if you're interested in that down the line. I'll crosspost it to the Fdoll resin matching thread as well.

8. Awesome! Thanks a bunch. I seem to have accumulated a box of doll heads that want to be matched up with bodies. I always think my dolls will share bodies, but that never seems to happen.

9. A few posts earlier on this page I put a picture of my beauty white Shiwoo on a pale normal fdoll body if it helps :)

10. Okie.. I am really excited. My Fdoll Lionel is with the delivery courier and I will be posting pics him soon~

Does anyone else have a Lionel?

{Update}

I opened my NS fdoll Lionel's package when I got home from work (He was wrapped in rolls of papers). He is not the conventional pretty/attractive boy sculpt and has quite an unusual face. The resin feel is quite ok. I feel the pink based default face up was not suitable for him too. I changed his eyes out as the acrylics that he came with were really weird looking. I am using him as a base body for sewing clothes for 70cm boys :)

Sharing a pic of him and the rest of the pics are in my flickr.

[​IMG]

11. Does anyone else have a Lionel? Is he a good poser? Any pics/info would be really awsome ^_^

12. I have a Lionel! He's a WIP at the moment, but I love him! He's the biggest doll I have, I got him blank--a body first, my sister ordered one for an older Elf Chiwoo head in NS-Y but recieved a NS-P by accident. She only saw after the period you're supposed to contact them with problems because he was a Christmas present, but FDoll was so nice and offered to exchange the body even though that time had passed. I mention this because I bought the NS-P body from her and ordered a Lionel head, and he matches perfectly, so at least in this case the resin batches were very consistent.

I've played around with him quite a bit, I don't have many pictures yet but I'm very happy with his posing. I haven't done anything to his joints or elastic. He can cross his legs without looking broken and touch his face. My sister bought another NS-Y for her Elf Chiwoo, Mata, and he looks great on it, and she's been happy with the posing too. She has some really helpful pictures; you can see some pictures of Mata in normal poses in her flickr here, and a big comparison she did of most of her boys here, where Mata is actually on the Lionel body I have now, when he was fresh out of the box. He's one of her favorites, and out of her dolls in terms of posing, one of mine too!

13. My review on Lionel: 69cm F-doll

I am ok with the basic body poses and he does feel substantially heavy. Not very detailed body sculpting but works well in my case. I will need to make adjustments for pants as he is considerably shorter than my Dollshe Orijean. Waist measurements are similiar.

Posted pics of him in my flickr and haven't really got the time to start any sewing. He was a bargain purchase for me, considering I got some clearance discount from the distributor. He is slightly lighter than Volks normal skin and he may be a good match for my Migi Ryu head.

Overall I grade him as a good starter/affordable doll. Here is another pic of him:

[​IMG]
      Lionel by Sam's Bits and Pieces, on Flickr

I would consider sending him for another repaint in the near future coz I find there is too much pink and harsh black on him. But my other dolls will take priority for now.

14. I purchased my first doll last Christmas, of 2011, which caused me to join DoA.

I love my doll, she is beautiful, but she is in need of a makeover. I ordered her new eyes, and a new wig.
      I will still use my current wigs, but she needs to look more mature for a bit c:

Anyway, posing of these dolls is rather complicated, especially since I cannot get her to stand at all.
      But she makes lovely sitting poses.

The faceup I got was free, and I think it is fantastic. She is a great starter doll, for sure, as long as they have a Christmas event going on! xD

[​IMG]

15. TheMysticDragon-- Is she sueded? (: When I first got a FDoll SD body I had difficulty getting him to stand at all until I stuck some kips in the legs. Since yours is a mini and not a large doll I can't guarantee this will fix her but it might help so...

16. I have not sueded her. Haven't actually thought about that recently.
      Well I did, but I couldn't remember the name of it.
      I might have to try that.

Thanks, btw c:

17. I want to get an Fdoll Nina and I was wondering about the pros and cons of the single jointed and the double jointed bodies. So if anybody has their girl 1/3 bodies, what are you're thoughts on them? How is their mobility and pose-ability? Any information would be great.

Thanks,
      Insomnyaaa

18. I have a Angel of Dream Yuki normal skin head on the way. I wanted her to go on a male body and see that the male body for Fantasy doll, has the 9 cm neck that I would need. I saw earlier that their resin is however, a little yellower then AOD resin? Does anyone have an aod head on a fdoll body that could show me a picture of how big the difference is?

19. Hey guys!

Anyone ever tried a Little Monica NS on a Fdoll NS body? I'm worried it'll be too light so i'mma try buying the Light Normal skin tone :/ Or should I just buy NS?

20. Just in case you hadn't seen the update, the Wiki Construction Contest for DoA's ninth anniversary has been expanded to allow any members who have joined in the last year to enter.
      The prize is a Fantasy Doll Tobias! :)