1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fat bottom girls or busty babes?

Aug 1, 2018

1. I look at my collection and most of my dolls have thin bust and large hips.
      Often I crack for a face's mold. And I try to get along with the body even if it doesn't totally please

2. I really, really like both, but only when the boobs look some degree of realistic. A lot of the boobs on these dolls have invisible bra syndrome going on, and just don’t look the greatest naked, so I skew towards small busts when they look more realistic naked. Iple’s HID small bust is one of my faves. Twigling sculpts some of the prettiest, actually realistic larger busts, and I love those.

As for butts, I’m in love with argodoll’s plus size lovely, because her hips and thighs are gorgeous! (Plus! Lany tells me she’ll be up for preorder again in November!)

3. @Chameleon: I agree. I also like when the doll's chest seems natural.

4. Oh my gosh yes, Viola is one of my all time favorite bodies, and the fact that the newest version comes with a flat chest & male parts?? I have a mighty need :D
      My favorite body type is large hips and flat chests, but just pear shapes in general are great. It makes me happy that theres a handful of bigger body designs for BJDs compared to fashion dolls there's practically nothing. I had a hybrid idea for a Viola body and a Sheepy head but depending on what the artist comes out with we'll see :3nodding:

5. Moderation is the key for me regarding both, but I find myself paying more attention to bottoms and thighs in general. I love it when they're slightly chubby :з. As for busts it's the shape that matters rather than size. The more natural looking and aesthetically pleasant the better. As for size, I usually don't really like huge breasts, any other size is fine for me.

6. I love pear shaped/bottom heavy dolls, but I’d like busty dolls a lot better if more had realistic breast shapes

7. just like a popular meme once said ''why not both?''

8. I prefer dolls that have flatter busts and slender frames (not bony though). I like dolls that look cute and childlike. A doll that is super heavy on the top half would remind me too much of a Barbie, which just doesn't appeal to me. I wouldn't be against a doll with a bigger lower half, but I haven't seen anything that I have to have.

9. Between bust and hips, I'm more fond of the pear shape than giant breasts. Even the really exaggerated pear shapes I'll find adorable on the right doll. Giant breasts on an otherwise slim doll, like they're plapped on there? Just kinda make me uncomfortable. More realistically shaped breasts, as previously mentioned, yeah those work fine. But they seem harder to find than invisible bra syndrome...

But I also specifically went for minimizing curves for my one gal! So for a given doll, the body has to fit the character more than anything.

10. .

#50 Gintsumi, Apr 15, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    11. Fat bottom girls do, as they say, make the rockin' world go 'round.

I like an hourglass figure and the occasional outstanding bust, but if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the booty every time.

12. I have two pear shaped bodies.

I'm a small booby preferring type. I just don't understand the hubbub about big boobies. I want to get a muscular girl doll at some point but I haven't found a sculpt I like enough.

13. I like a bit of both! I have to admit I have a bit of a weakness for cute thighs in dolls like shoushou doll's niko or the new mochi ashi body offered by volks. My favorite doll in my collection is still my volks rinon though. She has the classic SD13 body and just looks adorable in any outfit I put her in. That's really what matters to me, that I have a cute outfits that compliments their body type.

14. I really like both AND hourglass shapes. I like having a variety of body shapes in my collection. That being said, the big booty girls can sometimes be hard to find pants or shorts for. lol. I still love them, though. :D

15. I like both, but I'm definitely someone who prefers proportionality in busty babes that I don't need in pear-shaped dolls. For some reason, dolls with huge hips/thighs and no bust are totally fine to me, but girls that are bean poles with basketball boobies bother me to no end!

16. I prefer a bigger bottom or pear shape on my dolls with barely any top. The reason for that is that I have an easier time finding tops for them.

17. When I was looking for my incoming Lillycat girl, I literally said to a friend, “I need a Pixar mom-butt European BJD in my life.” So that’s pretty much where I stand. :lol:

It’s interesting to me how regional these doll styles can be. Obviously there are exceptions, since everyone influences each other. But I feel like I’ve noticed huge boobs most on Asian dolls and huge bottoms most on Western European dolls (and the “bony supermodel” look most on Eastern European dolls, and exaggerated child dolls most in the U.S.A., but that’s less relevant here). Wonder if the difference is at all related to cultural beauty standards?

18. I'm trying for variation in my MSD doll collection, so I want all kinds of bodies.. thin, big, busty, flat, tall, short, etc. I particularly am still looking for MSD big girls, like summerbird and argonautica, but it's hard to find either right now. I'm also looking into all the new pear-shaped dolls on instagram, and looking forward to the next release of Maddybears' girl, as well as a few others.

19. I’m more of both? Big tits, small waist huge hips and Butt. I like my dolls to be unique. And different is a plus. I also just love that look in general. As for the males I LOVE the masculine bad boy type

20. Busty. I was freaked out when I first saw my DC girl's butt. :lol: She is no busty but eighter not flat. I like her breast size, it is matching for her, but one Day I like to have a really busty girl. With ballon boobs. Something like Jessica Rabbit, with smaller hips. One Day.