1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fate of original Elfdoll tinies?

Sep 28, 2006

1. So does this mean that we should be stocking up on headcaps and wigs, too?

2. I don't know any more than anyone else. But to be safe, yeah.

Carolyn

3. Bumping because this might be the LAST day 14cm Elfdoll tinies can be ordered, before they are discontinued. Still no response on the Elfdoll site to my request for verification of this.

It's very sad. An Elfdoll tiny was the very first BJD I ever saw on the web, and was the doll that led me to the whole world of BJD's and the people that own and love them. I feel sad for all of the future people who will be captivated and obsessed by these unique mature tinies only to discover that they are no longer made. I thank Rainman for bringing his unique vision to us in the form of tiny resin, but I mourn their demise.

Carolyn

4. In the latest Haute Doll I read that "Monnaemi" means UGLY in Korean! This is just amazing, since I think my Min is just beautiful! She is one of my original Dream Dolls.

5. This is really sad because they were amongst the very first tiny BJDs and there really aren't any other dolls like them at all. I'd always hoped my Min would get a brother someday, or that they would release more skintones or options. The new tinies are utterly adorable, but the Elfdolls are almost the only BJDs that are truely doll-for-a-doll scale. (The only other that comes to mind off the top of my head is Banji, but the Elfdolls have more spirit, IMO.)

6. :...( Ugh! This really makes me so sad . . . my little sister really wanted an Adel, and I wanted one of the little elf girls, too. I hope we'll be able to find one secondhand someday . . . though I bet this means the secondhand price will be going up . . .

7. Esme (adel) was my first BJD. I was looking at them at Dolls and Friends, and I asked my two year old daughter (Eva Esme) which one I should buy and she said : "get the pink one with the hat mommy". When she came I asked my husband what I should name her and he said after Eva since she picked her. The first night she was here Eva pulled her foot off trying to change her shoe! My husband fixed her LOL. Right now she is driving a big Star Wars Lego thing. Sigh.

8. I just got my Winky today. I am soo sad about this. I got her from Janis at Sunrise. I really like her too! I wanted another or at least to be able to buy stuff for her but I guess they won't be doing that anymore either.

9. Oh man!! :(
      I'm glad I have my three little girls. I find them absolutely mesmerizing. Beautiful. Lovely and wonderful.

*sigh*

10. woot i jsut ordered catsy yesterday! so glad i have one no0w ::sigh::

11. Wait... that notice actually reads more like "we're not taking orders for a couple of weeks while we work on the web site." Can we hope?? :) Because I never saw that pair until yesterday (Winky and the other one) and I really want them!! *pant*

12. Well, I kept putting it off, but I guess this turn of events hastened what I've been wanting for a while. So Bong is on her way :)

13. I know the notice is extremely vague - I posted the question on Elfdoll.com Q&A and they seem to have answered every question around mine, but not mine.

Thread was started because a dealer of Elfdolls was given the discontinuation info by someone.

Carolyn

14. Elf told a couple of the US dealers they wernt going to sell them anymore and were going to concentrate on the larger Hana

15. Quoting from the popup box that appears when you go to Elfdoll's main page:
      Unfortunately, it's not a rumor. :...(

ETA: OTOH, the tinies are still listed on the website & you can still add them to your cart. No idea what's up with that.

16. I don't think the Elfdoll people know how to run their website's software, to be honest. They don't know how to flag something "unavailable" or "discontinued", only "sold out", and you often see that releasing a new doll will mess up their entire website.

I highly suspect that if you add a doll to your cart and pay for it, that it will only result in great frustration, as they either a) take a long time to refund you, or b) take a long time to acknowledge your order [as they assume everyone read the popup that says they are not taking orders].

17. Oka at Elfdoll posted that this is not true. Post from their site as follows:

Thank you so much for your love and support on Tiny Dolls.

What you've mentioned could happen in the future.
      However it won't happen now and even if we decided to discountinue Tinies, we promise you to let you know in certain period in advance.

18. Wait, so no discontinuation of tinies? Yay!

19. Well, I'm glad to hear that. Seems odd, though, that a vendor would be under the impression they were being discontinued right away....wonder what was said to her to give her that impression.