1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite BJD Fashion Styles?

May 31, 2019

1. I have a little of everything in the crew at this point. There's a Mori girl and one in Lolita frufru. A few EGL and aristocratic Goth-types. A guy in rockstar boots and black leather. Another in ancient Near Eastern traveler's robes. A flashy Dandy. A lady in 18th century gowns and fancy powdered wigs. Two Edwardian adventurers. A couple of kids in jeans and sneakers. A few adults who look like they just got back from brunch at the country club. A guy in a toga. A gal dressed like a Jedi... And then there's that mermaid wearing nothing but a smile and a string of pearls. :lol:

Quite a few of my gang spend their time in traditional Asian outfits, though, so I'd have to call that my "favorite" look. Those outfits are typically Japanese or Chinese, based on the styles of various periods, and with wildly varying degrees of formality and accuracy. (Read: Some of the outfits in my collection are much more "authentic" to their original, human-scale historical counterparts than others. Which bothers me not at all, but can be a serious personal bugbear for others-)

2. My dolls tend to end up in casual modern clothes, mostly stuff I like but would never wear myself. I've done a little fancy historical costuming though, because I own a book of 1870s fashion patterns. That's fun stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#42 rebeccag12363, Nov 2, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    3. I prefer modern/urban styles.

4. My preference is high fantasy (particularly things that look fairy-like), but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of that. Fairyland outfits are gorgeous but they don’t seem to sell them separately and I don’t want to buy fullsets just for the clothes.

So far I’ve been making do with some of the fancier outfits from Volks, which are lovely but the style is a bit different from what I want.

5. This might be a bit niche, but I love bright and loud clothes, especially clown aesthetics! It's a huge shame that I struggle to find anything of the sort though, everything is either too muted in colour for me or doesn't fit the fun style I have in mind. So many serious clothes, so few poofy pants >8T

6. Elegant/cute/casual

7. i adore egl and sweet lolita on dolls it makes me feel nostalgic though i mostly own goth/emo style clothes

8. I dress mine in modern clothing. Usually outfits that I wish I could wear myself lol

9. My favourites are goth/lolita and visual kei pretty much all mine mostly dress like that.

10. Definitely androgynous style. A style that fits both male and female. My crew porlly kicked a fuss everytime I dress them up femininely. And corsets. OOOOO I love corsets on my boys

11. Gosh, I just really like clothes, but I'm especially drawn to anything that looks old-timey and otherworldly and/ or has fantasy elements. I seemed to have developed a real hanfu weakness as of late. :sweat

12. I like practicing my design skills on my dolls, so contemporary, elegant and at the moment - crocheted :)

[​IMG]Dalialla_2 by Sshodan, on Flickr

[​IMG]Dalialla_10 by Sshodan, on Flickr

[​IMG]Dalialla_11 by Sshodan, on Flickr

P.S. Need to take better pics of the last outfit... *sigh*

13. I love vintage style! I will never get tired of it

14. I love uniforms, actually! Outfits that take inspiration from school uniforms, nurse's/doctors uniforms, mechanic's jumpsuits, Chef's uniforms, even prison uniforms. I'm not big on military uniforms, though... which is unfortunate since they're one of the more common types. :sweatI'm obsessed with sailor-style uniforms though, 5 of my dolls have sailor style uniforms on right now.

I also like goth looks, but they're sort of a crutch. If I don't know what to do with a doll I'll put them in an all-black outfit, sometimes with a Wednesday-esque peter pan collar if I'm feeling ambitious.

15. I love street wear and realistic everyday clothing. My crew of 8 SD size dolls are all uni students.

16. [​IMG] I honestly have no clue how to describe their style. Maybe "Instagram Baddies"? I also enjoy streetwear and dressing them up in cosplay!
      [​IMG]

#56 sagearella, Mar 20, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    17. I definitely have a very high fantasy look for all of my dolls. Very vibrant colors with flowy clothing pieces and hair accessories is usually where I lean. However, I do have one doll coming in whose going to shell my OC and I'm excited for that since she'll be dressed in more modern clothing but it'll be kind of fringe clothing since that's her type of styel