1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite company?

May 26, 2014

1. I think my favorite company is DF-H and IOS comes in second.

2. I love Resin Soul! I have two! Their bodies are amazing, the new double jointed male body blew me away when I got it in the other day! They aren't my fave, but they certainly rank up there for the ability to combine so many sculpts with SO MANY resin colors, for such a lot price! For the prices they charge to get such a customized doll there's literally no reason someone "has" to recast when legal dolls of this caliber exist out there at this quality! I have a pink and purple one and want to get a tree or blue sometime in the future to make all my alien boys!

3. Dollzone, which is ironic because they were the very first dolls I bough, waaay back when all DZ did was tame stuff, and DollChateau are my two faves for sure, they push the boundaries in weird!

4. Iplehouse is definately my favorite company. I love how their bodies and heads look so realistic (nothing against cool fantasy dolls of course). I get nothing out of the "anime like" faces and bodies because to me they all look too similar. Granado is also one of my favorite companies for the same reason!

5. I love Loongsoul and Dearmine. Very pretty fantasy/anthro sculpts that I always look at <3

6. I don't know about company but one of my favourite sculptors by far is Mi-Jung Gu. She runs her own small doll company (called mydolling) but she also does a lot of contract work for other companies. What I love about her dolls is that she's an artist first and foremost, she's got a fairly impressive portfolio of supplying dolls for art exhibitions and movies.... and outside of her contract work, she works on whatever suits her fancy, even if it's something that isn't traditionally desired in the BJD world or meant to be taken as a representation of beauty.

I like it when dolls still show their artist's vision through. A lot of the bigger (by BJD standards) companies almost feel like they intentionally strive for perfection/lack of individualization (outside of the company's chosen image). And there's nothing wrong with that, in fact that's probably why they're so popular. But having owned a lot of dolls like that and eventually having sold them, it's not really something for me.

7. I like Volks then Iplehouse then Luts then Bambi Crony, if I had to limit myself to four doll companies. Hahaha.

8. After a couple of years in the hobby I think I can finally answer this question again, because my taste, inspiration, motivation and objectives changed 'til I first started. ^^

Now that I started collecting MSD exclusively, my favorite company is definitely Souldoll.

I love their esthetics the most, I love how they make some different sculpts from what we see everywhere else (like their expressive sculpts Maa.Ba and Joelle.D). They have a good mix of normal and more fantasy dolls. I must admit they are not the easiest to communicate with, but in the end I always got everything I asked them, from special request to adding stuff to my order later.

Beside Souldoll, and based on esthetic only because I never dealt with them, I love Doll Chateau and Luts.

I think Peaks Woods is the most friendly and have the most awesome communication with their fans and customers. They are very active on their facebook. Their dolls have a very unique look, I always recognize their work. I really want a Peaks Woods one day.

Edit : I can't believe I forgot to talk about Miracledoll. I LOVE everything they do! They have such a special esthetic and original weird sculpts. But as most of their sculpt are SD I can only dream they release more MSD dolls.

#368 Joliepixel, Oct 12, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    9. Right now I love Luts/CP the most, but I covet a few Volks and I enjoy the original styling of Doll Chateau.

10. Spiritdoll bodies, Domuya heads..

11. Their are a lot of companies that I really like but from the looks, they have some of the most beautiful sculpts to me. I haven't bought from them yet but I will soon. I really want to get the Dikadoll Mudan. She is so precious and delicate looking.

12. Not exactly my favorite, but I want ALL of Miracle Doll's sculpts :D so we can say, aesthetic wise, Miracle Doll is my kind of favorite :thumbup I do like FOVEO's work so far though! :blush

13. Ugh. VOLKS! I'm not an elite but VOLKS create the most proportional BJD in my eyes.
      Not too realistic either which is I loved. :whee:

14. I don't know for sure right now... I know I used to feel Blue Fairy, or DIM, I still really like their dolls too... however I think I'm leaning more towards some of the Chinese companies lately. Something different about the dolls they make that I'm really drawn too!

I'm really interested in MYOU Doll right now, and seeing some user reviews really made me think I want to go for their dolls when I can get my new ones! I can't say if they are my favorite though... so many nice looking dolls from all over the world! However I do think MYOU are the dolls I'm most interested in.

15. I am the same, new to all this so there's so many companies I have yet to discover and check out as well, but my personal favourites so far are Luts, Iplehouse and sometimes DOD.

16. id have to say SWITCH is my absolute favourite, i think all of their sculpts are beautiful, and it takes a lot of justification to not put them all on my wishlist...

17. Fairyland but because I only have one doll from them xD But I really admire Doll Chateau and Unoa. Maybe one day in the far future I will get a Unoa Lusis, but not anytime soon.

18. Volks is my most favorite company!!

19. Bambicrony is my favorite! All their sculpts are soooo cute.

20. mine has always been either ring doll or soom