1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite company?

May 26, 2014

1. Definitely Volks!! They're what got me seriously looking into BJDs, for the first time :)

2. There are quite a few sculpts that are to my liking, and most of them are made by Doll Chateau. Their dolls possess a unique, non-typical kind of beauty. Oh those extra joints, shifted proportions, unusual and interesting faces... They're attractive because they're somewhat creepy to me. Even though I wouldn't have a character to shell in most of these sculpts, I do appreciate the style.

3. My friend has a Resin Soul and I think their quality is great. The only reason I dont go for that company is they look more childish to me, I feel the same way about Minifees and they cost a ton. I dont think price matters at all. All it means to me, is how long it will take to save for a new doll.
      My favorite company by far is Iplehouse, Most of my dolls are from them. Doll Stories is gaining on them tho, With their new double jointed body coming out. Doll Stories resin is so smooth.

4. Soom-- I love most of their sculpts, and the Soom dolls I own are just as lovely in person as they are in the company photos.

Volks, RingDoll, Peakswood, IoS & DollClans are also companies I like :)

5. I'll be completely Bias for this one. I would choose Unoa maybe because you could actually change their faceplate easily? I've check all the company but I keep on coming back for Unoa's they are so magical in my eyes. But yea they are not cheap at all. But I'm saving for my very own.

6. Iplehouse; their dolls are too beautiful!

And, I think I have to be a little biased and say Ringdoll, too. Just because my Alex is shelled in their Sol. His body sculpt is just gorgeous, and I don't think I could see him with any other face now. The attention to detail on his body, though; the veins & bone structures in the hands and feet, the pronounced shins, the veins in the arms, the muscles in the torso. Even the more questionable details for a doll; the *ahem* mature details in his nether-regions. Alex is shelled in the older RD body, possibly their original body mock-up, as I've just read the new Grown boys do not have the little rear detail or 'spinning peen'. Kind of makes me love my almost-5yr-old just that little bit more now, albeit for a bizarre reason. :lol:

So, Iplehouse, Ringdoll, and I have to throw in Souldoll too at the last second. They have some beauties of their own.

7. Iplehouse got me looking into BJD, but I can't afford them.
      Then came Danny Choo's Smart Doll and I can't afford them either! :...(

8. i love every single one of unoa alchemy's sculpts <3 dollzone is a very close second! i think carter is probably going to be my next doll :fangirl:

9. Well that's an easy question - Iplehouse. They are the company that created the first doll I ever fell in love with, and I just adore their sense of realism and watching their faceup-style evolve over the years. :D

10. Crobidoll! Not only are the dolls my absolute favorites, but the company itself is so so wonderful- amazing customer service, shipping times, and quality ♥

11. It's difficult for me to have one favourite... I love Dollmore and Luts (wonderful dolls and best customer service ever), Doll Chateau and Dollzone (very unique dolls) and Volks (for their quality and beautiful dolls). Maybe Ringoll (some nice creepy dolls).

12. Hum.....I have three favourits company : Doll Chateau, beacause their sculpts are really unique and so beautiful (I'm a big fan of the Sexta sculpt), Immortality of Soul with such beautiful sculpt and the company of my first doll who comes in september (^_^) and the last : the regret closed Dream of Dull with their unique and wonderfull doll.
      Beside this three, I like the Luts, Migidoll and Soom company.

13. It's hard to pick just one! I have a huge soft spot for Asleep Eidolon, though. I feel they get a bad rap for long waiting times, when they aren't really as bad as any other company. I also like where Fairyland is going creatively these days, and I actually still love DollZone's aesthetic.

14. My two top favorites are; RSdoll & Little Monica.

Other close contenders are Maskcatdoll and Fairyland! All four companies have beautiful sculpts and I'm a sucker for pretty things haha!

:love:chibi

#474 itsgisellexo, Jun 17, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    15. I don't have one, but every time I see a Merrydoll Round or Twigling I smile. Other than that, I think it depends on the doll rather than the company.

16. I don't have a doll yet, so I'm judging more on appearance, but I think I'm in love with nearly every sculpt from Supia. Of course, I also love the "giant baby" dolls from Loongsoul, Luts, and MYou!

17. I have so many favourites, andso many sculpts I adore, and I find myself liking more and more, so I won't pretend that this is my fixed list of likes. Most BJDs are beautiful, honestly. I will mention that I like companies for their sculpts, more than their customer service or freebies, since the sculpts are often at the forefront of the company's image.

1. Sio2 Doll. Their sculpts are so cute! They are just so lovely! The bodies are really prettily sculpted, with attention to sillhouettes and curves. They haven't released many dolls, but I'm really worried that I'll want most of their dolls, hahaha!

2. Dollpamm. Similarly, their bodies are gorgeously detailed and dimensional, as well as being highly stylised. I really love the Arubi body. Their packaging is nice, too.

3. Mydolling. The clothes are beautiful, and the overall site is chic. The dolls are glamorous, too, or at least, my favourite, Janmang, is!

4. Soom The Gem. I just... I want so many heads from Soom. It's not even practical. Their petit gem line is adorable, as well.

5. Dollstown. They are so beautifully crafted! The anatomy is lovely, and the stylisation of the faces is enchanting in how breathtaking yet realistic they are. Amazing.

18. I only have two dolls. (So far haha XD) But my favorite company right now is Akagi doll. They are beautifully sculpted, good quality, wonderful at posing (in my opinion) and their prices are very good :)

19. Little Monica and Myou! They have beautiful bodys and faces.

20. My favourite is fairyland I just love their adorable sculpts. A second would be Lati, I would love to own a Lati yellow but that is further along in my wish list.