1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite company?

May 26, 2014

1. Well, Iplehouse sculpts have long been my favorite aesthetic and probably will remain so forever. :lol: But I'll toss Migidoll on the list too, because besides the cute faces, the Guy II body is one of my best posers.

2. Hmmm, favorites...

An underappreciated favorite I'd have to say is DSdoll (Dragon Shell Doll). She's an independent artist who mainly does heads in SD scale, but has recently been dabbling in MSD. Her head sculpts are unique and lovely, and if I could come up with a character for more of her sculpts, I would certainly buy more of them up!

A couple of my other favorites would have to be Impldoll, Granado, Rosen Garden (independent artist who also does SD/MSD heads), and (to a lesser extent) Iplehouse and Dollshe. I personally love a lot of the companies out there that focus on more realistic sculpts in SD scale in general, as that's my main focus for my collection. There's just so many I could list and give detailed reasons why, but that would drag this post on for a bit too long.:XD::kitty2

3. There's quite a few companies I haven't heard of here that I need to check out! And there's quite a few consistent favorites as, well

My first doll is Granado. Fayette with the flower in her eye. I love her so much. I also have a grail doll from them, Boyd

4. I have more dolls from Angel of Dream and Dollshe right now but neither are my favorite, though I do love them all. My favorite doll is by independent artist Arwen of OfButterfliesNThings.

But if I had to pick one company I Love most, I think Luts wins.

5. DOD is still in my favorite companies list, hahaha, but the number 1 is BlueFairy. I just love their faces, bodies and aesthetics in general. :D

6. I'm still so new in this hobby that to me DOD refers to Dust of Dolls and I had no idea what you peeps where on about saying it closed down. :frownyblush:

7. Oh gosh! Lol I'm sorry, that must have been a shock for a moment!

8. Doll-chateau and doll zone are my favourite, im still very much a newbie but to me that have the most interesting sculpts (at least for my tastes). doll zone seem to have the classic beauty renosaunce look and doll chateau have some very interesting designs like their zora doll.

9. Thankfully it only took a quick Google search to get that straightened out. :thumbup
      But yeah for a hot second I thought maybe the Corona slump got the better of them. :o

10. I'm really happy and thankful it seems to have only caused delays in the hobby and not permanent damage to companies
      Did you look at any dream of doll sculpts while you were googling?

11. Right now it has to be Iplehouse. I love that the dolls are chunkier than most I have come across and I love some of the faces. I don't love the lack of movement in the ankles and I'm yet to restring mine so I don't know about mobility and what poses they can and can't easily hold. I've only ever collected one artist/brand of doll that I haven't felt the need to tamper with the bodies and those weren't BJDs. Something always need adjusting to be just right. :) I also really like Fairyland Minifees.

12. I did! They had some very pretty sculpts. I quite like Duncan, I think he was called.... Too bad they had to close.

13. I love Dollmore a whole lot.

14. Well,,, Looks like I still like companies with impressive wait times. My current faves are Twigling, MDR and Lilycat. I guess my current thing is single artist stylized girls in unique resin colours. Of those, so far I only own dolls by Twigling, and they are worth every bit of what I paid for them. their joints have raised the bar for my other dolls, and the sculpting is just beautiful.

15. I love Dream Valley, Doll Chateau, Conarium and Dollzone, and all the weird-cutie creations.
      Mysterious characters and vulnerable monsters melt my heart.

16. My favorite for sure now is Fairyland. Cute faces, great posing, extra hands, and they stand really well. Even the pukifees have excellent balance. I like that all their dolls (except for event heads) have a sleeping face you can buy. Also the magnets in their heads and backs are so neat! I like to make my fairyland girls, well, fairies! :XD:

I've also become smitten with Comi Babydoll. Such adorable faces! I don't have any doll but I do have a yo-sd outfit by them that is great quality!

17. I have a LoongSoul weakness. All those pwetty bois. I also like Fairyland, but I only have one.

18. I feel like I'm still too new to the hobby to have favorite-favorite companies, but my wishlist has LLT, Connarium, Loongsoul, and DLace... I love unusual sculpts and fantasy-type dolls!

19. Loongsoul for me! I literally want so many of their sculpts it’s not even funny LOL

20. I love Doll Family A and Switch. Even though I dont have any dolls of switch on my hand right now, I just love their molds so much. DF-A's bodies are amazing too. Very well shaped and the skin color matches with most other doll brand heads.