1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite company?

May 26, 2014

1. I have been out of the community for a very long time, but Luts and Fairyland will always be my favorite companies in terms in sculpts. Soom and Dream of Doll has/had a lot of sculpts that I enjoyed. Always wanted a DoD Shall and was one of my dream dolls. I remember at the time when DoD released Duncan, I didn't like his sculpt at all and didn't understand the hype for it. Now I really want a Duncan because I fell in love with his sculpt.

2. I will admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for Fairyland. I love the aesthetic of them and while I have dolls that actually pose a bit better, I can definitely see myself getting more in the future.

3. Hmmm, I went back a few pages and didn't see that anyone had mentioned Alchemic Labo too recently!

Whatever it is about their faces, every time I see one in the wild, I pause for a moment and feel so much joy - then realize the doll must be another Alchemic Labo doll!

I also just think the idea of being able to change out the faceplates is fun, and gives so much potential. Definitely my favorite company so far... for the dolls, both to design and play with.

4. So far it's definitely Luts but I am quite new so my opinion might change in the future ;). I love their sculpts and the fact they always offer tan skin as an option.

5. My heart belongs to Volks. Many years ago, before I started to collect dolls, I discover the Lolita fashion.
      Gothic & Lolita Bible was my access to everything that was in the Harajuku scene. So, when Volks presented the collab with Baby the Stars Shine Bright, I fell in love.

6. Harucasting is currently my absolute favorite, with Fairyland following closely behind. Also really love Bimong and Supia Doll a lot. :love

7. Right now I'm obsessed with just about every Maskcat sculpt in existence, and would love to own one sometime soon!

8. Now it's Iplehouse. I love their sculpts, especially female ones and really love female bodies they make. Maybe they're not the best at posing, but they're very aesthetically pleasant for me.

9. I am Doomed, I mean SOOM (Idealian). LOL. I love SOOM Idealian.

There is something about their faces that reminded me of time may have already past or may have yet to come.

10. Volks is my favorite company. They were my first doll and I adore their collaborations with BTSSB, Disney, and various anime. I am also a big fan of Dollshe (though I currently don’t have any).

11. I am really curious to know what are all the many different companies that design BJD. I am mainly aware of Volks (that's where I started) but after being on DOA, and seeing all the many different types of dolls, I am curious to know where they're all coming from. Feel free to share some of your favorite companies or even solo designers. Thank you!:3nodding:

12. Although I dont have any doll of them yet, I love everything cocoriang creates.

13. My favorite right now is Atelier Momoni. I have 5 of her dolls and one on preorder that should be here the end of summer/beginning of fall. The artist is based in Spain, and her dolls are by far my most favorite of all the dolls I have owned so far. I personally like the size as they are not too big, nor too small. They pose like no other doll I have had, and depending on how they are painted can look older or younger.

14. At the moment, Luts, Volks, and Maskcat.

15. I like Volks for their continuity-of-service (resin consistency between years and batches, availability of replacement parts + refurb services), Angell Studio for their fullset concepts and execution, and Dream Valley and Doll Chateau for the way their sculptors make creative choices about body design without straying toooo far into dysmorphic/uncanny valley territory.

Honorable mention to ResinSoul/Bobobie, because while their aesthetics can be hit or miss, they deserve all the customer service kudos for making the hobby accessible on a budget and for their willingness to do special orders or customization.

16. My favorite company overall has got to be Volks. They have an aesthetic I really love, and I've literally never seen a nicer resin than theirs. Truly, the quality of their dolls are top notch.

Fairyland deserves a mention for engineering. Hang around long enough and you'll start hearing stories about how amazing it is. Let me tell you, they deserve the hype. They've had some serious quality control issues in the past, but those seem to have been sorted out. They're not my absolute favorite company because TBH their aesthetics don't match mine perfectly, and their resin isn't my favorite either...But the way they pose keeps them in my top five.

Another favorite company of mine is Soom. My absolute favorite dolls have all been Sooms, and the only thing keeping them out of the top spot is that their sculpts are very hit or miss for me. I either Love Them or Hate Them, with no in-between. Their resin isn't quite as nice as Volks resin, but it's still very good.

Rosen Lied also makes the list. Most of their dolls are outside my preferred size range, but their Holiday's Child and Thursday's Child lines are GORGEOUS. Their customer service is also very good, and I love the clothes they sell for their girls! I love their whole aesthetic, really. The only things I don't love about them are that their resin is kinda so-so in terms of texture (like Fairyland resin, it's too light and smooth for me. I prefer a denser, toothier resin), and their Holiday's Children are single jointed. But overall I highly recommend them!

And then there are the companies I haven't actually bought from (yet), but whose dolls I always find myself drooling over...As to those, Maskcat Doll takes the cake. Their girls are stunningly gorgeous. Loongsoul, Switch, and Dear Mine are also consistent winners.

But I think my favorite company whose dolls I haven't managed to snag yet is La Légende de Temps. They're an extremely small company, and pre-orders tend to be very limited...So far, the timing's never been quite right for me. But one day! One day...

Anyway, this list barely even scratches the surface of all the excellent companies out there! If you want to get a wider idea, I recommend browsing Legend Doll or Dolk. They're both reputable dealers with a wide range of companies on offer. (My favorite dealer is Alice's Collections, but her selection is much more limited)

EDIT:

In reference to this:
      While Bobobie and ResinSoul are related companies, they're not quite the same. Bobobie's customer service is...rather bad, actually. It's ResinSoul that's known for their excellent customer service. And boy, do they ever deserve that praise! They're well known for making basically anything you can imagine. They're happy to do custom colors or help you hybrid different dolls of theirs together, and their prices for such services are extremely reasonable.

17. Hmmm, my absolute favorites?

Volks, La Legende de Temps, and Mori9 are at the top of the list at the moment.

18. Universe Doll and their sculptor Musen is my absolute No1. Yeah I Am into big boys. The 70cm body is a great poser, and as detailed as a doll can be. Second one is Doll Chateau. Me is a happy owner of a DC youth girl. Dream Valley is a nice company too. My third body is from them. Oh and I Am in love with Granado too. I not own any dolls from them. (But My mom owns a tiny) My lovely heads (for my big boys) from Ring doll and Immortality of Soul. Those are probably in my top 10 too. As you see I try to own something from every company I like...:lol:

19. I have a LUTS and Resinsoul so far, with a brand-new Souldoll hopefully arriving in July. So far, I am in absolute love with LUTS so far. And they're just stealing my heart even more now with their new Muse line.

20. My favorite company is definitely Dream Valley! I love their 1/4 sculpts, especially the fantasy event ones. They're super unique and stand out from other MSDs! The two 1/4 dolls that I own from them are great posers, too. I also have a Dollzone girl (but she's quite old and needs restringing), as well as a Dearmine Picasso who is very cute, and a 2D Doll Light, but 68cm is a bit too much for me :sweat.

I have an order in for a Dream Valley Order, and just got the other wolf-taur, Chaos, in-stock yesterday, so he should be on his way soon! Order and Chaos are such a great duo, but I'm also a big fan of DV's mermaids and giraffe-taurs. :D