1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite company?

May 26, 2014

1. I don't have so much experience with different companies, and they have all been good. But I think Luts is my favorite. They have so many cute sculpts in YOSD size which is my favorite, a good selection of clothes, and I like the feel of the resin. The bodies just feel good for posing.

2. CP~
      I like stylized dolls and they remind me of when I was first looking into the hobby. I remember so many of them being "new" and I couldn't afford any of them. So as an adult, I get to indulge the inner child in me by buying as many of them as I want. :XD:

Peakswood~
      I don't have any of these beautiful dolls since I keep missing their releases. :doh However, I'm obsessed with their large lips and dreamy faces. They also offer the "monster" hands that are incredibly cool!

3. Since I started looking at dolls, I've always been drawn to LUTS. Originally I thought my first doll was going to be a LUTS Blanchet but then the Delf Clary came along and that changed fast lol. Even now after looking at more companies, I'm still looking at which LUTS dolls I want next and I already have two in mind for after my next planned doll purchases X'D

4. My favorite company is definitely Volks. Their girls are so pretty, but very expensive.

5. Definitely Dream Valley. *eyes all my incoming dolls* Their resin quality and posing ability are wonderful and their unique and surreal sculpts appeal to me so much.

6. It's hard to pick for me. Without PlumeDoll, I never would've gotten into BJD -- their small, simple, inexpensive anthro dolls really appear to my aesthetics and to my pocketbook. They ended up being a gateway drug to a wider world of dolls, and I'm very thankful for that!

But I also do love Dream Valley. I guess I'll have to wait for my first Dream Valley order to arrive before I know for sure!

7. I used to think that ringdoll was my favorite bjd company. Now it's pygmalion. Pygmalion's sculpts are so magnetizing to me.

8. I love Soom so much, only their style. Soom's quality is really unstable.
      Now Volks is my No.1. I really appreciate their style and quality. Quite expensive but worthy.

Also, I'm impressed by Serenadedoll's style.

9. I love my Popovy Dolls, Natalia Loseva Dolls and Tender Creation Dolls :sumomo::aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

10. I don’t really have a favorite company- 8? are represented in my collection and there are things I love about all of them. That said, I have such a soft spot for Luts. I always admired their old CP Delf sculpts when I joined the hobby (and now I own 2!), plus their others are just so sweet. When I was in the hobby for the first time, I owned 3 of their sculpts and I adored them. I have since sold some and bought others and I just have the warm fuzzies about them as a company.

11. I did love CROBI before, but they don't have new doll for a long time, and just sale same dolls with different face up. :(
      Now, SWITCH is my new Favorite one.

12. Tender Creation dolls. Just cannot get enough

13. I couldn't decide, but my favorites definitely include Soom, Loong Soul and Ringdoll. Also Doll Chateau but I've never had a doll from them.

14. I love Volks. Their sculpts are beautiful and soft.

15. I really like MYOU! I own a 1/4th from them and it's so tempting to get more

16. It's been Luts for a while!

17. I don't have one single favorite. And my favorites don't fully match the ones I bought from.
      Like, I have a Soom doll, I love their dolls, but I often criticize their business model. I have a Spiritdoll but I don't think I would have the nerves to place an order again. Or Switch... From artistic point of view, they rock, but they really test my temper. Art does not justify everything for me.
      Some of my favorites are Crobidoll, LUTS, Immortality of Soul, Sadol and FreedomTeller, Angell Studio, Iplehouse... If I ever bought a female doll, she would be an Iple, no doubt.

Do you decide on your favorites only based on the sculps and quality, but do you factor other viewpoints?

18. Luts, BeYours and Akagi doll because of the posability and stetic for double joints

19. LoongSoul has been my all time favorite, I love almost every single one of their dolls. I also love LittleMonica and Luts a lot, their resins are so high quality

20. I love Iplehouse dolls, specifically because they are not thin like a lot of other dolls so I guess they would have to be my favourite company for that reason alone. Fairyland is another company whose dolls I really like a lot. I don't spend enough time in the hobby to have discovered enough about some of the smaller companies.