1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite doll activity when you got your very first BJD?

Sep 3, 2018

1. Dress up! Finding the right outfit, eyes, hair, that sort of thing

2. my favorite activities were making things for them and planning their character. id make doodles of how i wanted them to look, and decide which clothes fit their personality. and which props and items their character would have.

eventually i want to make a tiny little doll room, with little beds and stuff.

3. Very recent for me. Less than a year. I loved dressing and making clothes and taking pictures. Sometimes just bringing him downstairs to watch him because omg pretty. XD

4. I came in here to share my story and instead found all these wonderful ideas of things to do with dolls.

I definitely relate to the "Oh no, they're naked!" feeling of getting a new doll, though I admit I am afraid to leave them in clothes now because of all the warnings about dyes bleeding off. I think I need to find a beautiful white outfit (that's what I did with my first doll) so that I'm not concerned about keeping them clothed. Right now my poor Victor is just sitting naked in a loose white shirt!

I also like the idea of just keeping the dolls around. Mine are in a closed room because I have pets but it means I never really get to see them or spend time with them.

5. Aaah my first doll is an ot doll, but it's a hujoo minipin and all I did for about two weeks straight was make him clothes XD Being a former fashion student, I had a load of random fabric bits so made him a little collection of outfits XD My first proper resin doll was a DZ Little Snow, and I'd already gathered a fair amount of yosd outfits, so i did play dress up with her XD Otherwise it was just sitting with her and looking at how beautiful she is :D

6. Taking pictures, sitting them around with me... and generally all sorts of fun things. Bringing them places, sewing (very bad at the time) outfits, making them little dioramas or things in general. That is... I'm still doing the exact same eight years later, so there is that too... Ahahaha...

7. Congrats on your new doll! I was introduce into this hobby by my friend and I remember getting my first doll. She was everything and I was still learning about this hobby that time. I didn't have any talent sewing or doing faceup so I mostly commission for faceup and buy the clothing on etsy. I'm slowly starting tp learn and be able to make clothes for my girls. Super excited about it xD the most fun thing for me is dressing up my dolls and taking photos of them. I always have them chill with me when I'm studying or cleaning my room.

8. dress up and take tons of pictures!

9. For me it was sewing, I loved making cloths (I'm getting better at sewing)
      My favorite was making sculpy sandwiches and donuts. Lol it was my very first foray into sculpting. :)
      I think having my first doll helped me out of a rut for creative things.

10. Hugging her! SD sized is perfect for hugs. I got her a month ago and I just love her to pieces. The weathers been too awful to take her outside for a photo shoot yet but I’m sure that will be fun too.

11. I'm most looking forward to making clothes for them! Back in the day I used to do a lot of cosplay but now that I'm older and have no time to do events anymore, they can wear all the nifty stuff that I can't ^^

12. I just admired her for 5 hours straight and then tried to put clothes on her ^^'

13. I dressed mine up and took a LOT of pictures! I actually felt awful when the exterior hard drive crashed that those early pictures were on, because I had so much fun taking them. (Some I had uploaded online were saved, but I lost hundreds of photos in that crash!) That was before I knew anything about photography, so they weren't very good, but still, it was fun. Happy times. :-)

14. When I got mine, about four years ago now, I made tons of clothes and mostly just kept him close. I took a break from the hobby and kept him put away for two years, but I've been "getting reacquainted" with him. Kind of going through bonding again. Maybe we never really bonded in the first place, but since I've been back into things he's gotten many variations on his current faceup and I've been making all sorts of things for him (wig, many little hats, piercings). Still keeping him close. He often hangs out with me at my desk!

15. Photos! I used to live in a really woodsy area when I got my very first bjd, so I loved taking photos. The few of them that I've been able to find from back then look really... bad, but hey! I had tons of fun doing it, and in the end that's what it's all about, right?

16. Atm my favourite thing is trying to craft clothes and wigs (his haven't come in the mail yet ) but once he's dressed I'm so excited to go on a photo shoot and make props!

17. When Alphie first arrived, over thirteen years ago the most fun part was getting together a wardrobe for him. He came with a button down shirt and heans - not his style at all, they look too grown up and he's a child.

Since I'm a costumer, I started making him a 15th Century outfit and an 18th Century outfit. Neither outfit is finished yet - he had the shirt and britches of the 18th Century outfit (but not the waistcoat and frock coat), and the braes, shirt, and houpellande of the 15th Century outfit (but none of the in-between layers), although he has other outfits so he's not left naked.

Teddy

18. Oh thats so tricky! I mean, to remember that far back haha. As soon as I ordered my first doll, which was an luts yosd, I ordered quite a few outfits off etsy. Luckily that size does have somewhat cheaper options and not just expensive ones (I did adore my more expensive dresses though!). So I generally think I just took tons of photos, which is probably my favorite part of the hobby, and changed her outfit like ALL the time. And since I already dabbed in making jewelry a little, I also started making her a few necklaces and bracelets. Ah yeah, telling friends and family can be kind of though sometimes. I'm very open with my hobbies so its not like anyone here were surprised, but maybe not always super approving either. I'm sure it will go well as long as you stay true to yourself <3

19. Definitely wig making, I love the process and being able to create so many different styles and looks from the same fiber

20. My first doll had clothes and a wig and I had purchased eyes, so after she arrived I mostly admired and posed her. I liked having her at my desk and after a few days I turned to shopping online for her, taking pics and ultimately sewing for her. Having a doll seems to just inspire creativity.