1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite doll activity when you got your very first BJD?

Sep 3, 2018

1. When I got my first doll, I remember just siting back and admiring everything. He was a fullset and I was in awe at how detailed all of his clothing and shoes were. After I had him dressed I took loads of photos. I then remember taking him to my grandmas to show her as well. The whole family knew I was finally getting one and I just HAD to show him to everyone when he finally arrived.

10 years later I still get incredibly excited about a new doll. I still take unboxing photos and every one of my dolls has made the journey to my grandmas place so she can see them too. XD

2. When I got my first doll, I had very few accessories so mostly what I did was try to scrounge for things for him to wear and play with. When I was satisfied that he had enough accessories, I started bringing him around for photoshoots.

Taking my dolls with me (to work or on a jaunt) are still my favourite things to do. I like the spontaneity of field-trip photos and since most of my crew is MSD and portable, I have the freedom to rotate my crew often for adventuring outdoors.

3. For my first doll I would do faceups over and over again. I thought they were so fun! Especially experimenting w the character and stuff like that

I found it terrifying but so exciting at the same time! Also congrats on the first doll as well. I think a sewing machine is a good idea

#43 scumpai, Oct 11, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018
    4. I immediately started taking photos! But now I'm really interested in clothing my doll! I'm excited to get a whole new wardrobe for him to try x)

5. When my first doll arrived I tried on other dolls' clothes to see if anything fit. Then I proceeded to go on a bit of a spending spree & get her clothes, wigs & shoes. She inheirited furniture & props from my Cissy dolls so she had a bunch of stuff like that to use. I also took photos of her & got her a boyfriend. What fun!

6. Congratulations on your first BJD! I hope you share lots of photos! My favorite thing to do with my dolls is to customize them with wigs,eyes, clothes, ect. I buy everything for my dolls. I'm not very good at making things for my dolls yet. I'm working on it though! Another one of my favorites is taking pictures of them!

7. my favorite were Taking pictures and appreciate:hug:

8. Taking pictures and finding her cool clothes/props. I also used to sit her next to me if I had to stay up late working. I was looking after my then 3 year old during the day and freelancing in the evening when I could - I was so sleep deprived all the time and having her next to me felt like company!

9. Curiously, I used to sew a lot for my first BJD. I was pretty bad at taking pictures, it had a company face-up and I was far from imagine I will do wigs on day. But I made a lot of clothes for him! Even shoes.
      (which is quite funny, because now I don't sew anymore ;) )

10. I got my first BJD two years ago now. the only thing I had for her were eyes. It didn't matter. I took pictures of her anyway, brought her everywhere with me around the house, and had so much fun just playing around with her trying to pose her and figure out the engineering. Once I have time, I will work on making her clothes and other things!

11. Buying outfits and wigs and taking photo:blush