1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Faceup Artists?

May 9, 2016

1. I love seeing everyone's favorites-- even though I do my own, so I can't really offer recommendations, it's just great to see so much beautiful work.

Semiotickitten also does really beautiful work.

2. My favorite faceup artist is definitely Black Trumpet Rhapsody by Wayfarer here on DoA. In my humble and most definitely biased opinion, you just can't beat the amazing work they did on my DZ Carter, Ilya!

[​IMG]

I have some others I really like, like Wlatian and MisMantis, but a lot of my favorite faceups are done by people who don't take commissions and aren't well known or anything, they're people who on DoA who just do it for fun!

(Basically, if you do fantasy faceups you're automatically a favorite of mine. I had a couple people not wanna do Ilya, and while I respect their artistic license of course, it was really disappointing! But he turned out absolutely fantastic, so~)

3. Lisa Jameson aka Pepstar does gorgeous glam faceups. Her site is: Home Cristy Stone also does gorgeous faceups. Her site is: Home Also Ashley Koh aka GardenofDolls also does absolutely gorgeous work!!! Her site is : gardenofdolls

#43 blackdahlia, May 24, 2017
      Last edited: May 2, 2019
    4. My siggy picture is a Val Zeitler. I love her face ups. Ruby Peril/Yves Manning and Connie Lowe are artists that come to mind. I have never owned a doll with a Connie Lowe face up, but I have enjoyed the pictures of her amazing clothing and dolls from the big Doll Conventions. I enjoy Dale Zentner's painting and Lilygami/Sally Chandler too. Jay Searle is also a favorite artist of mine. Then there are many artists on flickr that I am a fan of ( Lachlana, Matahata), some of whom do not take commissions anymore like Winternightpoem. Update, for artists in the United States I'd like to add that I now also am a huge fan of AngelToast and Komorebidolls painting.

#44 Cherylsdolls, May 26, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    5. I think for me it would have to be @Tsuminaki from Vitta Vera. I'm currently on a waitlist, and I don't even mind because I know it'll be worth it.:celebrate

6. I really like this artists work,
      RUGGED REALISM
      However my all time grail is this CHO:LO Venitu Caleb
      My Venitu Caleb
      The most beautiful face-up IMHO.

7. I'm a fan of Darjeeling Aesthetics, AngelToast, Raquel Clemente, Xhanthi and Mikiyochii. ^_^ I've only commissioned AngelToast so far, but I think all of them are wonderful artists and I admire their work! I hope to have a faceup done by all of them one day!

8. Personally I love Loolo, xhanthi, Helene holz, Hendraw

9. My favorites are:
      - Aeterno Aesthetics
      - Sarqq
      - Winterdeer
      - Darjeeling
      - Rakeru Sensei

I have commissioned Aeterno Aesthetics four times, Sargg once and my upcoming poulpy is also getting faceup by her ^^
      Someday I'll commission also Winterdeer. Would be lovely to get all of the faceups by finnish artists!

10. You can find a lot of wonderful FaceUp artist. Everyone has their own style. My personal Top are:
      - Laptenkova Olga (Russia)
      - Nekomuchuu (Greece)
      - Mikiyochii (Germany)
      - Rakeru Sensei (Spain)
      - Raquel Clemente (Spain)
      - Xhanthi (USA Texas)

For Xhanthi's slots you need a lot of luck. They are always sold out in seconds ;) Maybe one day I have luck.

Raquel Clemente did two of my doll's. She did a awesome job. Especially with my 19cm Dollzone fairy. She is so tiny - I was so impressed.

[​IMG]Finished faceup by Raquel Clemente, auf Flickr

[​IMG]Finished faceup by Raquel Clemente, auf Flickr

#50 Estella's Dreams, Jun 9, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    11. My favorite faceup artist is Andreja / Nicolle's Dream.
      I'm also in love with the work of Raquel Clemente.

12. The ones that I have used that are amazing are (in no particular order) Ticuk, Pepstar, Angeltoast, Raquel Clemente and Dybbuk (Nocturnal Doll). They are all great artists and very professional. They work hard to get your doll looking how you want them to be. I would highly recommend any of them.

13. My current favorites are:

-Andreja
      -CallMeGorgeous
      -Tsuki Neko Atelier
      -Angel Toast

:3nodding:

14. Thanks for all the suggestions. Does anyone know of a wonderful faceup artist located in California by chance?

15. I was extremely happy commissioning @maiya who is in LA! She painted my little AiL Daryl whose pics you can check out in the doll profile I made for her. You can also see more examples of Maiya’s work here: Maiya Ng (@maiya_ng) • Instagram photos and videos

16. Thank you Ker246 for the links and I will look on there =)

17. TianBa from China

18. I have a soft spot in my heart for Andreja’s faceups and work. She’s the reason I’m in the hobby in the first place (I stumbled onto one of her videos on YouTube) and her faceups look so clean and soft. Another faceup artist (who I’m not sure has a DOA account?) is TianBa0830 on instagram. Their work is so realistic and well done. I hope to have a faceup done by them one day.